[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

veto

onbrake

Taz is a little over the top in his response, but the point is right. Who are you to determine what is fair or not? I will assume you think the side getting Ricky is getting the better end.

What if Chambers ends up blowing up?

After all, he did end last year with 36 catches, 600 yards and 4 TDs in 9 games with the Chiefs, slightly over half the season. Extrapolated to 16 games, that is about 65 catches, 1065 yards and 7 TDs. Not too shabby.

With Ricky, the question is whether his 2008 campaign is more indicative of what we can expect with a healthy Ronnie Brown on the squad, or if he will perform up to 2009 standards while back in a truer RBBC situation

Unless it appears to be blatant cheating and loading up of one team, then trades should not be vetoed.

Definitely would NOT veto this trade. Williams has potential as he showed last year, but R Brown is back. On top of that KC is gonna be passing a lot as they're gonna be playing from behind every time they're out there on offense.

NO WAY would I veto this trade. This is 2010, not 2009. Chambers has big potential, and so does Williams. It's a pretty fair trade IMO

I don't know if this changes anything but were in a 16 team league and you have to start 3 rbs and only 2 wr's so ricky went higher then in most drafts.Chambers went much later.

It doesn;t change anything in terms of whether or not the trade should be considered for veto.

However, it certainly makes Ricky the more valuable player at the time of drafting, IMO, but realistically, roster considerations need to be made to determine who is apparently being helped out more here.

Well, I'll beat this dead horse for awhile, and then I'll stop because I am weary.

Does you league have a RULE that covers this situation? If not, why not? And if not, upon what does an owner base his/her decision?

Vetoing a trade is one of the more serious and controversial things that happen in a league. But time and time again, the league has no rule or guidelines concerning trade vetoes. Nothing.

The posts are almost comical. Is this trade fair? Unfair? Really unfair? Lopsided? Really lopsided? One-sided? Really one-sided? Should I shoot the commissioner for doing this? Should I shoot my fellow owners for doing that? Should I leave the league? Should we get rid of the commissioner?

I realize that, to some extent, interpreting a rule is a subjective exercise, but it is completely arbitrary and capricious when there is nothing for an owner to interpret.

Edited by Furd

I let the trade go but told the owner I'm watching him.

I'd tell you to shove it where the sun don't shine if I was the owner. Let them run their own teams, the ONLY time a trade should ever be vetoed is if there is KNOWN collusion, otherwise you need to let the owners run their teams the way they see fit.

I'd tell you to shove it where the sun don't shine if I was the owner. Let them run their own teams, the ONLY time a trade should ever be vetoed is if there is KNOWN collusion, otherwise you need to let the owners run their teams the way they see fit.

+1 I wouldn't want to be in a league where I'd be hesitant to make any moves at all.

You post a veto question, and 100% of the responses tell you to let it go. That's bad enough and should be a pretty clear message. What really bothers me is that your threat to "be watching" future activity of this owner. What gives? Does your league give you the power to review trades differently by owner? Are you scrutinizing one owner more closely than another?

Seriously, man... You may think your intentions are good for the league, but Taz may have been right on the money. You really shouldn't be commishing in this manner.

I let the trade go but told the owner I'm watching him.

What the F are you talking about? If you don't know how to commish, please, relinquish it to a person who knows what the blooming hell they are doing.

I don't think I've ever seen such a ludicrous call for veto in all my years of playing FB. It's almost like calling collusion on a punter trade! Just a Yellow Submarine moment!

Your job as commish is not to ensure the league is competitively balanced. It's your job to try to ensure no collusion is going on. There's no way this trade involving 1 player on each side can be taken as any evidence of collusion. Your threat was about watching him was completely uncalled for.

willing seller. willing buyer. trade approved.

and so what if the guy is "shopping" him around. typically, that's what happens when people try to make trades: they make offers to a number of owners and take the best deal. (unless the commish feels the need to veto it.)

The only reason I'm watching him is someone Emailed me and said he is shopping ricky around.

And what is wrong with that? Sometimes you have to make multiple trades to get the player you want. Owner X wants Player B which I don't have so I have to trade Player Y to get Player B so I can then trade Player B for Player A.....

Just maybe this commish thing just aint working for you. Give the commish to someone else and just play the game and enjoy. All this stressing over nothing is turn you grey, real quick.

He ripped the guy off now he's shopping the guy around one day later.I told him it better be a fair deal not like the last one.

Please detail exactly what is "ripping the guy off" . What, that Williams will get 7-10 carries per game and might score 5 TD's all season or was it that Chambers will get 70 receptions for 700 yards and 8 TD's?

I just don't see it so please explain it to me!

He ripped the guy off now he's shopping the guy around one day later.I told him it better be a fair deal not like the last one.

How can you enforce something as arbitrary as "fair"? As long as both owners feel they're getting a fair deal, then what's the problem?

Should Jerry Jones get a do-over because he was stupid and traded his 1st rounder for bust Roy Williams? No, because he thought it was a good trade that improved his team at the time...

Being a commishioner means that you enforce the rules... Now where in your rules does it say that owners don't have the choice to trade whomever they want?

ONLY if there's a legitimate concern that two owners are colluding should you even consider a veto... Value is in the eye of the beholder, not the commissioner.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Ugh. Your not getting the point. The point being, is that unless there is clear cut collusion in a trade between 2 or more owners, then you let the deal pass, whether or not YOU believe it to be fair. There are numerous reasons an owner makes trades. The fact he is now shopping Rickey around should tell you that. It's called trading..one of the funnest parts of FF and you are ruining it by putting notice to your league members that you are "watching" them. Bogus bro and extremely unbecoming of a commish.

Why do you continue to post here when you are refusing to listen to anything anyone is saying? I don't understand how you've been a member here for 7 years and still don't have clue about fantasy football. If I were in your league I would put a vote to kicking you out.