[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So who's starting Boldin in week 1?

Marshy

Every site seems to have Boldins place on the Week 1 player rankings different. I've seen him as low as 41 with waiver wire options above him, to 11th on NFL.com (PPR)

The Revis news has obviously hurt him slightly for week 1, and i think it's expected that Flacco will pass to the recievers he's used to if things start to get tough.

I was intending on starting him but now not so sure. Is Lee Evans REALLY an upgrade?

So, what are people doing?

Edited by Marshy

I don't think he will do bad. I think the Ravens will really try to use him in the first game, even if that means forcing him the ball a bit.

You also got to think that Revis might not be at his sharpest having missed training camp. Might take him a couple games to get back his mojo.

The bigger concern should be Flacco owners (myself being one of them). I see him getting roughed up quite a bit.

I've been rotating Boldin, Gaffney, and Reggie Bush into my flex position about every 10 minutes. Currently I'm thinking of rolling the dice with Reggie and leaving Boldin out. Revis Island is no joke.

#1, Revis is no joke. Preseason or not, I'm sure he wasn't just sitting around playing Madden and eating bon-bons.

#2, outside of a select few freakishly talented WRs (Moss, Owens), name me a stud WR who was traded or left his former team as a free agent and then lit it up the next season for his new team? I'm not saying I'm not high on Boldin, but I would temper my expectations through at least the first half the season.

Edited by Shorttynaz

You drafted Boldin as one of your studs, and more than likely he will be (and should be) a week in and week out starter.

However, looking over your roster (your signature) and starting requirements, what's wrong with starting your 3 stud RBs and rolling with Hines Ward as your #2 WR??

All I'm sayin is it's an option - and not a bad one at that. Matthews is the real deal, and Foster is playing agains the Colts who haven't been able to stop the run for what, the past 10+ years???

Whoops for the move, i thought as it was a general question instead of 'who shall i start lol' it'd be alright.

But yeah, Shorttynaz that's what i'm doing right now, except it's Lee Evans and not Hines Ward as WR no.2 right now.

Opinions?

Whoops for the move, i thought as it was a general question instead of 'who shall i start lol' it'd be alright.

But yeah, Shorttynaz that's what i'm doing right now, except it's Lee Evans and not Hines Ward as WR no.2 right now.

Opinions?

It's a tough call, but maybe it's all in the fate of a coin flip. Even with Dixon as the starter in Pittsburgh, I'd still start Ward over Evans.

Heads = Boldin, Tails = Ward??? :wacko:

#1, Revis is no joke. Preseason or not, I'm sure he wasn't just sitting around playing Madden and eating bon-bons.

#2, outside of a select few freakishly talented WRs (Moss, Owens), name me a stud WR who was traded or left his former team as a free agent and then lit it up the next season for his new team? I'm not saying I'm not high on Boldin, but I would temper my expectations through at least the first half the season.

1. Either way, he wasn't practicing against an Anquan Boldin caliber player

2. Name me a player the caliber of Anquan Boldin leaving via free agency and failing. Boldin is a freak.

People are acting like Quan is Santana Moss or something. This is a guy that will make Revis play every down for the entire game. He's also not a speed guy that Revis can just run with. Quan is going to beat Revis up at the line.

I'm starting him with confidence Monday. Oh and bold prediction

Ravens 24 Jets 10. The hype train ends now.

2. Name me a player the caliber of Anquan Boldin leaving via free agency and failing. Boldin is a freak.

People are acting like Quan is Santana Moss or something. This is a guy that will make Revis play every down for the entire game. He's also not a speed guy that Revis can just run with. Quan is going to beat Revis up at the line.

Damn... I like this guy!

<no homo>

<starting Boldin>

I'm not saying start him or don't start him. He was a high draft pick for most managers, and well - you live and die with your core players. Name you a player of Boldin's caliber who failed as a free agent? How about his newest teamate - TJ Houshmanzadeh??

Boldin had 2 things going for him in AZ.. (1) - he had the leagues best WR (not necessairly fantasy) starting opposite him, and (2) - he's had a future HOF QB throwing to him these past 3 or 4 seasons.

I'm not in any way saying Boldin is a bum, all I'm saying is all signs point to him having a bad game and disappointing his owners on Monday night. Revis shut down some of the league's best WRs last year - and if I remember correctly, didn't allow any reciever more than like 70 yards for the game. Also, if Revis WAS practicing, who on that roster is a player of Boldin's caliber?? Who did he practice against all last season??? It wasn't against players of Boldin's caliber.. :wacko:

Revis has had ONE week of football practice. Being "in shape" is a LOT . . .a LOT different then being in football shape.

Revis is amazing, but I am starting Boldin with confidence this week, as I think Revis will not be up to his usual standards and Boldin will still do well.

Plus how many times have we seen holdouts have pulled muscles when they DO get in a game? Football isnt a game you can just jump inot, you REALLY need that practice time to get your fast-twitch muscles in sync with the speed of the game.

After week 3, Revis Island is to be avoided at all costs . . .IMO of course.

I'm not saying start him or don't start him. He was a high draft pick for most managers, and well - you live and die with your core players. Name you a player of Boldin's caliber who failed as a free agent? How about his newest teamate - TJ Houshmanzadeh??

Boldin had 2 things going for him in AZ.. (1) - he had the leagues best WR (not necessairly fantasy) starting opposite him, and (2) - he's had a future HOF QB throwing to him these past 3 or 4 seasons.

I'm not in any way saying Boldin is a bum, all I'm saying is all signs point to him having a bad game and disappointing his owners on Monday night. Revis shut down some of the league's best WRs last year - and if I remember correctly, didn't allow any reciever more than like 70 yards for the game. Also, if Revis WAS practicing, who on that roster is a player of Boldin's caliber?? Who did he practice against all last season??? It wasn't against players of Boldin's caliber.. :wacko:

Housh isn't nor was he ever the caliber player that Boldin is. Housh has always been a slot guy that has always been the second fiddle. Quan was a monster starting his rookie year. He doesn't get shut down by DB's, just his health. But yeah, the Housh comparison is way off base. Very few receivers possess his size/strength/hands, and even less play with the anger he has inside of him. He has a chip on his shoulder, and he's going to take it out on whoever is covering him.

Point 2. Boldin was a beast before Fitzgerald came into the league. Kurt Warner wasn't his quarterback when he put up 100 receptions as a rookie. He played and produced as an elite player well before Fitzgerald and Warner.

All of your points are moot as you fail to recognize what he's done througout his career. When healthy, Boldin is a top 5 WR in the league. And the guys Revis shut down last year... And Revis isn't going against Moss or Ocho. He's going against a guy who takes zero plays off and will wear on him all game long.

And what you're talking about who he practiced against last year... I'm talking about how he missed camp, and i'm 99% sure that he wasnt practicing with an nfl level wr, let alone a pro bowler

Revis is great, but I maintain that you always start your studs. Especially with Revis missing all of camp. One week isn't enough to merit benching one of the most productive when healthy WR's in the league.

Im debating over Boldin and Sims-Walker.....I wish now I started both of them over Harvin who got me only 2 pts.......both are going up against top CB's in Revis and Bailey...

Problem with MSW is that he's not a great talent and disappeared at times last year against teams he shouldn't have.

Revis is great, but I maintain that you always start your studs. Especially with Revis missing all of camp. One week isn't enough to merit benching one of the most productive when healthy WR's in the league.

And again - I think you're missing my point.. I never said to bench Boldin. I've too said to start your studs.

At this point, I'm going to agree to disagree. Boldin is a top tier WR, but at the lower end of the top tier. I'm convinced that he was a product of a pass happy, west coast offense with a future HOF QB throwing to him and what's shaping up to be a future HOF WR on the other side..

Only time will tell, and I'm prepared to eat my words if I'm wrong, but he won't have the year he's had these past few in AZ - that's all I'm sayin - along with temper your expectations for him this weekend against arguably the best shutdown corner in the game..