[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lifes little annoyances and quandaries

driveby

The latest one for me is those pre-recorded messages that play automatically when you pull up to the drive-thru menu board;

"Hi, welcome to McFastfood. Would you like to try our new triple carmel iced mocha latte?" Um no, if I wanted one I would just order one on my own. :tup:

I never know what I should do. Should I say no thanks to the message and dive right into my order? Should I wait for a real person? Is the real person listening and waiting for me to respond to the recording?

What's the correct procedure here? :wacko:

The latest one for me is those pre-recorded messages that play automatically when you pull up to the drive-thru menu board;

"Hi, welcome to McFastfood. Would you like to try our new triple carmel iced mocha latte?" Um no, if I wanted one I would just order one on my own. :tup:

I never know what I should do. Should I say no thanks to the message and dive right into my order? Should I wait for a real person? Is the real person listening and waiting for me to respond to the recording?

LOL

After not being given what I ordered for about the fifth or sixth time I quit using drive-thru and always go inside. Gotta be 15 years since I used a drive-thru....so I am not going to be of help or the correct procedure. :tup:

You need one of those voice changer things and change your voice half way through the order.

In a very monotone voice say:

'I'd like a hamburger. Please press or say 1 if you would like to know what I want on my hamburger. Please press or say 2 if you would like to know if I want fries with that. Please press or say 3 if you would like to know what I'd like to drink'

LOL

After not being given what I ordered for about the fifth or sixth time I quit using drive-thru and always go inside. Gotta be 15 years since I used a drive-thru....so I am not going to be of help or the correct procedure. :wacko:

This.

Not only is it more accurate, it's very often quicker too. Although I rarely go in fast food places at all any more, on the occasions when I have, I'm in and out with my order while the fifth car in line has only advanced to the second spot.

LOL

After not being given what I ordered for about the fifth or sixth time I quit using drive-thru and always go inside. Gotta be 15 years since I used a drive-thru....so I am not going to be of help or the correct procedure. :wacko:

Around here, the drive through always gets their orders filled first...

My advice is don't be a dick when ordering at the drive through. True story: Years ago I was standing inside a Jack in the Box and the guy ordering at the drive through was being a complete ass - basically insulting the order taker. I saw the guy making his food take a hamburger bun, blow his nose into it, and then make his burger with it. After the guy drove off, the workers were laughing their asses off.

Edited by Controller

My advice is don't be a dick when ordering at the drive through. True story: Years ago I was standing inside a Jack in the Box and the guy ordering at the drive through was being a complete ass - basically insulting the order taker. I saw the guy making his food take a hamburger bun, blow his nose into it, and then make his burger with it. After the guy drove off, the workers were laughing their asses off.

If I witnessed something like that, I would enter into complete narc mode. I would call the manager, I would call any 800 number for the franchise that I could find, I would call the local news channels, and obviously I would never frequent that business again.