[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mathews for McFadden agreed to

PPIchamp

This deal seems terrible to me. I realize Mathews has the high ankle sprain and could miss a few weeks or longer if he aggravates it, and McFadden is slipping into a committe or potentially losing his starting job altogether to Bush. Both situations are in flux, but Mathews has a higher floor and a much higher ceiling IMO.

This deal seems terrible to me. I realize Mathews has the high ankle sprain and could miss a few weeks or longer if he aggravates it, and McFadden is slipping into a committe or potentially losing his starting job altogether to Bush. Both situations are in flux, but Mathews has a higher floor and a much higher ceiling IMO.

I hope you're joking, McFadden will have much better stats this year than Matthews. I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

That's exactly why it should NOT be vetoed. Let people play their own game.

Edited by dino88

slanted which way?

I should have said only slightly slanted. The season is still young and many trades are still based on preseason hype, reputation or projections. IMO, as things stand today, Mathews is riding a wave of potential while most people still think of McFadden as a fragile underperformer. Notwithstanding McFadden's nice start, the deal appears to be in favor of the side getting Mathews. Realistically, this trade could go either way - it certainly should not be vetoed!

It's thinking like this that has ruined FF and many leagues...Run your team and your team only...Vetoes are only when 2 buddies,brothers ,cousins or just cheaters are straight out cheating...

I have been in the same league for over 10 years (like many others i'm sure). 9 of the league members have been in it since it's conception and the other 3 have been in the league for over 4 years...ALL are good friends not to mention there are 4 brothers in the league. And all in all the history of the league is what makes it fun and I would not want to replace one single owner we currently have...that being said we have had some issues with trades over the years.

In the past trades were not voted on but certain owners did get taken advantage of so we implemented "the oz rule" (oz being the nickname of the owner who made poor decisions). The "oz rule" meant that for a trade to pass the trade must receive a majority of yes votes from the league. Over the years his decision making got much better and is not really a problem. Another situation that has occurred is that an owner who is not having a good year gets offered a trade by another owner and since he has no real shot of making the playoffs he will make a bad trade either to A) spice it up by trading his only good player (which makes no sense to me) or :wacko: just make the trade because they no longer care.

Basically what I am getting at is that there are other reasons than collusion that trades need to be monitored. What is the best way? When a horribly one sided trade happens it does not just affect the two owners involved, it affects the whole league. How can you prevent those situations without voting?

Thanks,

Owner looking for trade voting solutions

We have a rule to cover that. It's called the "don't be a dick" rule. If you're a dick you don't come back.

Seriously, how can true friends do something like that and think it's acceptable? And how can true friends allow people to do that to them? You know what they say about people with friends like that ....

And I continually shake my head in disgust of how overrated Ryan Mathews is this year. He is only a rookie and he is starting to look like Adrian Peterson with fumbling and now his durability is in question. I found it ridiculous that some people took him in the first round in their drafts back during the pre-season and I still do now. He does have some potential being the normal starter in a high scoring offense though. It's not a terrible trade by any means.