[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Little Feat

SLAYER

Lowell George edition only. the best unknown slide guitar player. Southern funk at it's best.

narrowed down to five they wrote and a special bonus that they didn't write but always played live

Willin'

Dixie Chicken

Rock & Roll Doctor

Rocket In My Pocket

Feats Don't Fail Me Now

On Your Way Down- Toussaint

forgot Spanish Moon

Edited by SLAYER

Well they all asked about you

Down on the Farm

The cows asked

The pigs asked

The horses asked to

All want to know why to the city you moved

Changed your name to Kitty,

What's come over you

It ain't true, it ain't true, Linda Lou

Say it ain't true, Linda Lou

I hear you're working in a saloon

I hear you work from midnight to noon

Now I might be from the woods

But those hours don't sound so good

What do you do in here barroom?

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

Saw them last Friday night in St. Louis. Good show, but not as good (or as long) as previous shows and included lots of sound problems which is unusual. As for song, I hate to state the obvious, but there's a reason "Oh Atlanta" was a huge hit for them.

Well they all asked about you

Down on the Farm

The cows asked

The pigs asked

The horses asked to

All want to know why to the city you moved

Changed your name to Kitty,

What's come over you

I hear you're working in a saloon

I hear you work from midnight to noon

Now I might be from the woods

But those hours don't sound so good

What do you do in here barroom?

shut-up!

I saw Little Feat in 1976 when Lowell was still alive - one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I can listen to the entire Waiting for Columbus LP over and over and never get tired of it.

The Tower of Power horn section added the icing on the cake; LF was awesome. No way I could pick just one song, but among my favorites are Oh Atlanta, Fat Man in the Bathtub, Dixie Chicken, Willin, Old Folks Boogie, Teenage Nervous Breakdown, Day at the Dog Races and Tripe Face Boogie.

Fat Man in a Bathtub but as the days go on I can relate to Old Folks Boogie more and more.

Interesting side note, Lowell George is yet another super talented musician to get his career started with Frank Zappa. He actually brought the song Dixie Chicken to Frank for possible use with the Mothers but Frank told him that it wasn't the kind of material that they were doing. So he left Frank and formed Little Feat and the rest as they say, was history.

Fat Man in a Bathtub but as the days go on I can relate to Old Folks Boogie more and more.

Interesting side note, Lowell George is yet another super talented musician to get his career started with Frank Zappa. He actually brought the song Dixie Chicken to Frank for possible use with the Mothers but Frank told him that it wasn't the kind of material that they were doing. So he left Frank and formed Little Feat and the rest as they say, was history.

I think he was kicked out of the Mothers for writing Willin' because it was about drugs. Frank didn't allow any drug songs. Screwing, whoring, genital parts all ok though.