[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do you think of this trade?

tosberg34

Does this trade raise any alarms? I appreciate the thoughts. Thanks!

Team AA: 4 - 0

Team BB: 0 - 4

Team AA gets Randy Moss (from Team BB)

Team BB gets Jacoby Jones and Ryan Torrain (from Team A) and drops Sidney Rice

Team AA Current Roster:

QB Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)

WR Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)

WR Jacoby Jones (Hou - WR)

WR Miles Austin (Dal - WR)

WR Danny Amendola

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)

RB LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)

RB Ryan Torrain

RB Shonne Greene

RB Jason Snelling

TE Jason Witten (Dal - TE)

TE Jeremy Shockey

K Rob Bironas (Ten - K)

DEF Chicago (Chi - DEF)

DEF Dallas

Team BB Current Roster (before trade):

QB Sam Bradford (StL - QB)

QB Brett Favre

WR Randy Moss (Min - WR)

WR Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)

WR Mark Clayton (StL - WR)

WR Mike Sims-Walker

WR Sidney Rice

RB Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)

RB Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)

RB Brandon Jacobs

RB Jonathan Stewart

RB Thomas Jones

TE Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)

K Mike Nugent (Cin - K)

DEF Tennessee (Ten - DEF)

Edited by tosberg34

Stinks. Do you have any veto power?

Yes, I'm the commissioner - which is why I wanted to get some outside opinions and advice first before I veto it. I HATE it when Commissioners act as trade evaluators as I only see this as a last resort. I can't prove collusion (online Yahoo league - all complete strangers) at this point. This league doesn't really mean anything to me though. It's just my competitiveness that has me balking at this.

Dunno, Team BB needs help at RB and Moss hasn't exactly been on fire this year. I know there's potential with Moss and Favre synching up now, but on the other hand it's (I'm guessing) a free league. If you're that worried about it, reach out to both owners and see what they're thinking before you stuff it.

Looks clean to me. I value RB's pretty high as a position though. There are no guarantees in Moss this year. Farve is not in the same form as last year. I like Torain and think team BB is in desperate need for a RB. With Sims, Wayne and Clayton I think he can do without the zero production he has gotten out of Moss this year. I think you are looking to much at the brand name...Moss.

I see no issue with it. Barring injury, Torain is a starting RB for at least the next 4-6 weeks and more than likely the rest of the season. I could understand someone wanting to sell Moss right about now.

First, full disclosure: I am the brother of "tosberg34." He asked me for my opinion because I am the commissioner of my own league that I have run for 11 seasons.

If you're the kind of commissioner who has a "buyer beware" philosophy and is OK with the "hawks" preying on the "chickens," then you probably have no problem with this trade. If you're the kind of commissioner, however, who is interested in evaluating trades for overall fairness and balance, then I think there is reason to veto it.

My opinion is that, while the the trade on its face could arguably be justified, when one looks further at the rosters and standings it does appear that Team AA is getting a little too much something for nothing. Moss may not be lighting the league up, but he is still a clear WR1 (and will most definitely be a WR1 in Minnesota). That would give Team AA three WR1s while Team BB in return is getting at best a WR3 and an unproven RB2/3. Sure, Torrain could turn out to be the next Arian Foster, but he has yet to demonstrate that potential and it would be premature to currently consider him anything more than a low RB2.

Team BB, on the other hand, is giving up one of the few players on his team that has any potential whatsoever and who, despite the so-far lackluster season, still has respectable fantasy numbers; if anything, Moss's value has increased with the trade to Minnesota. In return, Team BB gets two players--one of whom is injured--who so far have, and are unlikely to have, huge upsides. Moreover, together Torain and Jones probably won't score you many more points than Moss alone, so it's difficult to see what Team BB is actually, concretely, getting in return here, other than the expectation that Torain and Jones will perform outside their current abilities.

The transparency of this trade is also somewhat muddled by the fact that the owners in question appear to be related--not that this is an automatic disqualifier, but I think it is fair for a commissioner to consider that as one factor among others and weigh it accordingly.

In sum, Team AA appears to hardly be breaking a sweat in this deal. He's giving up guys on his bench for a top WR, while Team BB gets no tangible benefit other than hoping that the players he gets perform out of all proportion to their demonstrated abilities. I would veto this trade.

Does this trade raise any alarms? I appreciate the thoughts. Thanks!

Team AA: 4 - 0

Team BB: 0 - 4

Team AA gets Randy Moss (from Team BB)

Team BB gets Jacoby Jones and Ryan Torrain (from Team A) and drops Sidney Rice

Team AA Current Roster:

QB Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)

WR Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)

WR Jacoby Jones (Hou - WR)

WR Miles Austin (Dal - WR)

WR Danny Amendola

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)

RB LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)