[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Knowshon Moreno - Buy Low Candidate

jedicosmonaut

Just looking through the play-off schedule, Denver has a very easy schedule for weeks 14, 15, 16. Even weeks 10, 12, & 13 (St Louis and KC) could be considered good weeks. With the way Orton has been throwing, defenses will not be able to stack the deck to stop the run. Moreno should have lanes to run through. Buckhalter and Maroney are not exactly lighting it up. Moreno should get 20+ touches a game if he could ever get healthy. The big question is, can Moreno get healthy and stay healthy. RBs with hamstring injuries dont bounce back quickly. Considering his hamstrings have basically been injured since August, is he even worth stashing away? Possibly if he sits for another week or so, he could be healthy by week 7 to face the Raiders. Add in the rest from his bye week and Moreno should be healthy for the Fantasy play-off stretch. Thoughts?

Double dipped hammys? I don't have a good feeling there.

I think he may be worth a flyer, but only if you don't COUNT on having him.

My feelings on Moreno are public now, though I will say, the time to land Moreno is not at your fantasy draft for a 3rd rd pick, it's now when people have bye-issues and could use your Felix or Tolbert. Then you're paying a good price for Moreno.

He was overrated when drafted in the 1st round. He doesn't have top-end talent. Most weeks he'll get you 50-60 yards and maybe a TD. As noted, the big reason to go after him would be the late schedule. He should be able to get 70-80 yards most weeks and a handful of TD's down the stretch. Not too shabby.

He was overrated when drafted in the 1st round. He doesn't have top-end talent. Most weeks he'll get you 50-60 yards and maybe a TD. As noted, the big reason to go after him would be the late schedule. He should be able to get 70-80 yards most weeks and a handful of TD's down the stretch. Not too shabby.

I disagree with the talent assessment, I think Knowshon is extremely talented but he's not running in the old "Denver-Shannahan" scheme so it's going to be a little different. Seeing the dropoff in production for Maroney and Buckhalter should give you at least a hint that maybe Moreno is not the problem.

Also I wouldn't count KC as a weak and easy run defense anymore. They are top 5 in rushing defense so far, and although they may not remain at the top they have a lot of young talent on defense, and Crennel emphasizes stopping the run. Add to that that KC is more competitive in general and I highly doubt it will be as good of a matchup as you're anticipating.