[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanksgiving and gratitude

Jimmy Neutron

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am grateful for the conveniences of modern life. Instant hot water, indoor plumbing, instant hot range... imagine hoofing it out to the cold outhouse for your morning business, no hot shower and having to build a fire to cook a couple of eggs.

I missed a few days here as I was taking in many of the things I am grateful for.

I am grateful that my Daughter has grown up to be a very intelligent and well grounded young lady who has been accepted into American University Law School.

I am grateful that the love of my life and I have finally figured out that we just aren't the same without each other.

I am grateful for the people around me who have believed in me and helped to push me to strive for more.

I am grateful that when I log off of here I am leaving the house to go to work in MY OWN SHOP. Even though I am broke I feel rich beyond belief!

Today I am grateful for my wife, home sick in bed, saying things to me half incoherently and making me laugh. She hasn't been able to sleep and no longer makes any sense whatsoever. I told her to take an Ambien and she said she doesn't want to miss the game tonight. :wacko:

Today I'm thankful for life's little coincidences. I'll be leaving for the deer lease tomorrow morning, and staying through the weekend unless I shoot a monster early. The deer lease is 26 miles east of Abilene. Anyway, my niece plays division 3 college soccer. She goes to school out in Kalifornia, so we haven't been able to see any of her games. Her team is pretty good, they are in the division 3 soccer sweet sixteen. Her mom and dad follow her pretty well, but they have scheduling conflicts, and flying to the game is cost prohibitive for them. Well they are playing in Abilene on Friday so I get to see her play, and she still gets to have someone in the family watch her play. Supposedly she plays every minute of every game so it should be fun to watch her. What makes it even better is the game isn't until 11:00 which means I can still get in the morning hunt, and should be able to get back to the lease in time for the afternoon hunt as well. Sometime times things just fall into place.

I am grateful for smart and adept kids. After moving them away from all they'd ever known, they are excelling in new schools and making new friends. PTCs revealed that Jake reads 4.5 years above grade level and has A+ in advanced math and science & made honor roll. Siera scored a 3.83 gpa in her first year of jr jigh! I haven't met with the other kid's teachers yet, but they are doing equally well. I am a proud papa bear. :wacko:

I'm grateful for time spent with the family last night putting up Christmas decorations. Last night my wife and I danced as my oldest daughter played Christmas carols on her flute. I also got a kick out of watching the girls play a game on the Wii, and how they jump around and what not. It was just fun to watch. My wife an I were doing chores, around the house when at one point we are both on opposite ends of the room and both just watching the girls have fun. Life is good.

I love this post, Jimmy. I've always tried to find something to be grateful for each and every day. Even wrote a Gratitude Journal for a year at one time in my life. (One of the only things Oprah-Inspired that I'll ever admit to.....lol).

I'm very grateful for this past Thanksgiving. Hanging with some of my brothers and sisters in law and their kids. And even though we lost our Patriarch this past spring, there was this amazing undercurrent of true joy in the day. Kids are all doing well, everyone seemed relaxed and had fun stories to relate. My mother in law was happy to be down for an extended visit and, even though we all knew the day was bittersweet for her, being surrounded by family made all the difference.

It's been an emotionally difficult year and a half for me. I miss my Dad terribly. And I miss my father in law too. But even though they are not "with us" anymore, they continue to reveal themselves to me at funny times and still make me smile. And I am grateful.

My business is officially one year old this week and going strong. I'm grateful for the wonderful clients I've acquired over the last year. And I am eternally grateful I still have the dexterity and stamina to do what I love doing.

My sisters and their businesses have been weathering this recession in fine fashion and for this, I am grateful.

My girlfriends here are going through various stages of tough times, but they never lose their sense of humor or rapier wit. I am grateful.

I am amazingly blessed to have a husband that..."gets me." LOL We still find things to laugh about every single day. I'm grateful.

Last but certainly not least, I adore my Huddle friends. I watch you all help each other, sometimes snipe at each other, but there are some pretty big hearts on these boards. I pray that whatever life throws you, you can handle it, good or bad. Know you have a community here that can help keep it all in perspective. Keep your Huddle buddies close.....and be grateful! :wacko: