[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If current intrade values can be trusted

bushwacked

If the senate moves over, that means we won Washington or CA, or imagine Delaware.

Repudiation of the highest order community organizer.

Must be based on Patty Murray trading price dropping because the trading on CA, Deleware, and Connecticut is heavily in favor of Dems.

Can anybody explain to me in 2 paragraphs or less how any of this matters to me? No matter who gets elected... nothings going to change.

They'll both spend far more money than they bring in. It will just be on completely different things. So you get to choose which type of crap-sammich tastes better for you personally.

Can anybody explain to me in 2 paragraphs or less how any of this matters to me? No matter who gets elected... nothings going to change.

It really isn't. They aren't going to repeal Obamacare, they aren't going to make any meaningful cuts in spending and they aren't going to address either the gigantic entitlements or the ludicrous defense budget. What they are going to do, along with whatever Democrats are left, is start campaigning for the 2012 election.

That's what we have now - permanent elections and as long as they can keep our eyes fixed on that, none of us will look behind the curtain.

It really isn't. They aren't going to repeal Obamacare, they aren't going to make any meaningful cuts in spending and they aren't going to address either the gigantic entitlements or the ludicrous defense budget. What they are going to do, along with whatever Democrats are left, is start campaigning for the 2012 election.

That's what we have now - permanent elections and as long as they can keep our eyes fixed on that, none of us will look behind the curtain.

THIS.

Sad, but all too true.

They aren't going to repeal Obamacare,

One of the questions on our ballot is a mandate that we can opt out of husseincare.

I don't think you are all too much in touch with reality on this one. Your bubble is nothing but communism, in the REAL world, we are getting rid of this horror that was pushed on us.

You will see, and be wrong.

There are at LEAST 31 companies who already have exemptions from it, it will not last.

One of the questions on our ballot is a mandate that we can opt out of husseincare.

I don't think you are all too much in touch with reality on this one. Your bubble is nothing but communism, in the REAL world, we are getting rid of this horror that was pushed on us.

You will see, and be wrong.

There are at LEAST 31 companies who already have exemptions from it, it will not last.

If they had all three branches of gubment they would repeal that crap asap. So to say they WON'T do anything is bunk. It is they CAN'T do anything. As far as spending, I would sure as hell be happy if they trimmed a freaking trillion off of the obamunist's defecit. That way we could get down to the levels of Bush that all the libs wewre screaming sbout for eight years. But of course as soon as they went to cut spending, the left would scream about taking food from children.

I think the Tea Party candidates sent to the House will vote to repeal health care - all along knowing it is merely posturing to appease the base. They know they don't have the votes in the senate, let alone a super-majority to over-ride a veto.

I think the Tea Party candidates sent to the House will vote to repeal health care - all along knowing it is merely posturing to appease the base. They know they don't have the votes in the senate, let alone a super-majority to over-ride a veto.

I think you are absolutely right. It will be political posturing, but given what most people think of the health care bill right now, I think it will probably pay off in 2012. I think the vast majority of republicans and a slight majority of the American people want the bill repealed. You will probably see a vote strictly along party lines, that will lend itself to political adds in 2012.

The only thing that will be really gained is the ability to stop any more dreadful legislation from passing. Honestly at this point grid lock is the best thing we can hope for, with a few truly bipartisan bills mixed in.

Repeal health care? Won't they at least have enough wit to dissect it and keep some parts of it? Or are they bigger cretins than even I thought, consumed by their mindlessness?

Repeal health care? Won't they at least have enough wit to dissect it and keep some parts of it? Or are they bigger cretins than even I thought, consumed by their mindlessness?

Just out of curiosity what sections do you think should be kept. Honestly I'd like to see it repealed and then start over with a truly bipartisan bill, that actually addresses cost rather than driving it up.

Exactly - the portion about pre-existing conditions should never be repealed.

If they are thoughtful, they'll craft some ideas to replace what was passed, but I don't think a lot of them will care. Some of them ran on voting got an repeal - that's an easy one to fulfill when they know it won't go anywhere.

FWIW, I would repeal the whole thing if it were in my power. It's fatally flawed and needs a stake in the heart. :wacko:Did the dems even wait a full month after it passed to nix $500 billion of the savings they were supposed to milk from medicare? They cancelled the 2% MC cut to docs pretty quickly. Freakin' tools.

I really cant wait to see/hear all the great ideas that the republicans will have and quickly pass regarding health care . . . because reform in that area has long been such a goal for the GOP.

Not advocating the current bill at all, but I really wish the right would have SOME semblance of an idea of what to do to rein in costs as an alternative (and the red herring of tort reform is NOT going to cut it . . .:wacko:).

I really cant wait to see/hear all the great ideas that the republicans will have and quickly pass regarding health care . . . because reform in that area has long been such a goal for the GOP.

Not advocating the current bill at all, but I really wish the right would have SOME semblance of an idea of what to do to rein in costs as an alternative (and the red herring of tort reform is NOT going to cut it . . .:wacko:).

The quickest and easiest thing they could do to reign in cost would simply be repealing Obamacare. I think anything done should incorporate tort reform, but that is just a small part of it. I think the most important provision would be to break the link with employment. I think you also have to address illegal immigration as well. I'll not regurgitate the whole list, but there are multiple threads with a multitude of good ideas.

I think the most important provision would be to break the link with employment.

How are you going to do that?

The reason that health-care and employment go together is to create a pooling equilibrium to avoid problems caused by adverse selection.

How are you going to do that?

The reason that health-care and employment go together is to create a pooling equilibrium to avoid problems caused by adverse selection.

Really, and here I thought it was because of government interference in the free market. Didn't employers start offering insurance when the federal government started introducing wage caps. In order to get the best and offer a little bit more than the federal government would allow in wages, they started offering insurance as an extra perk to try to entice talented employees to come to work for them.