[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Personal Ask...

dug

(I am placing this ask for my fellow Huddlers to help with DMD's approval:)

Hello

I wanted to take a moment and let you know about a cause close to my heart and to ask that you consider helping.

Homestretch Hounds is an all volunteer, non-profit, no-kill shelter and sanctuary located in Southwestern Ohio, founded with a mission to help homeless pets. These rescued dogs and puppies end up homeless through no fault of their own. They come from rural county facilities and pounds, as well as owner releases and strays. HH’s mission is to give these fantastic animals a second chance at life by bringing them to the rescue when their time is up at other facilities or when they have no other place to turn.

For its first five years, Homestretch Hounds was finding new homes for approximately two dogs a week- or 100 a year. Thus, since beginning in 2004, they have saved the lives of nearly 600 dogs that would have otherwise been euthanized. They focus on senior dogs, dogs with health issues, lager dogs, and “hard to adopt” dogs you would typically find in rural situations like hounds, beagles, black labs, etc. In other words- dogs that no one else would take.

This year has been exceptional rough for the rescue. With the economic woes in our society, adopting dogs has not been a priority for many families. Adoptions for the rescue have been infrequent- only around five for the entire year so far. There have also been a number previously adopted dogs returned due to family financial strains.

Homestretch Hounds is not subsidized and does what it does solely with financial support from donations and adoption fees, both of which have been considerably down for the year. They are truly appreciative of past donors and would like to extend their gratitude for your donation.

Compounding all this is a true need for the rescue- a new furnace for the shelter itself. This year the existing furnace stopped working. The rescue needs to buy a new one and is looking at a forced air wood burning type. With plenty of wood nearby, this will keep the dogs in comfort for years to come. They are currently trying to raise $4,000 to purchase a scratch and dent model, ship it and install it.

With winter just around the corner, time is of the essence. Won’t you please consider a donation to help with this cause? Homestretch Hounds has set up a fundraising count-down on their homepage: www.hhdogs.petfinder.com where you can make a donation via pay pal. If you do not wish to use paypal, you can also send a check payable to Homestretch Hounds to the address below. All donations are tax deductable as allowed by the IRS. No amount is too small.

Thank you for your consideration and generous contribution.

With sincerity and appreciation,

Doug (dug)

Homestretch Hounds, Inc

4085 Reed Rd

Hillsboro, Ohio 45133

www.hhdogs.petfinder.com

www.facebook.com/HomestretchHounds

www.youtube.com/user/HomestretchHounds

Thank you for helping those pups, Doug. Your videos really inspired me to adopt my new pup, Carlos Nestor, sooner rather than later after putting Chalkie down. He is doing great. He's a bundle of fun even though he whips his little red pecka out at inappropriate times more than Tina cares for. :wacko:

Thank you for helping those pups, Doug. Your videos really inspired me to adopt my new pup, Carlos Nestor, sooner rather than later after putting Chalkie down. He is doing great. He's a bundle of fun even though he whips his little red pecka out at inappropriate times more than Tina cares for. :wacko:

Like owner, like dog.

Edited by KevinL

An ask? Since when is ask a noun? Eek.

Nice cause though. Good luck

You must hang out on facebook a lot...

:wacko:

World English Dictionary

ask (ɑːsk)

— n

9. informal -a big ask , a tough ask a task which is difficult to fulfil

Dictionary.com

Edited by dug

You may want to call around your local HVAC companies to see if they can donate labor, or even if they may have a unit. Call some of the bigger ones in town.

I'd bet you'll find someone who can help.

Thanks for the advice.

This is the unit I was going to put in.

http://theoutdoorfurnace.com/ -click on the "forced air wood furnaces" link.

I think I can handle the hook-up. I just need a concrete pad, run a j-box, cut some holes in the siding and run some flex duct. But just in case- I will ask around.

You must hang out on facebook a lot...

:wacko:

World English Dictionary

ask (ɑːsk)

— n

9. informal -a big ask , a tough ask a task which is difficult to fulfil

Dictionary.com

No this is just one of those twisted, trendy corporate-speak things that has cropped up in the last few years. You're own definition implies that it is informal language -- which is what I would expect to see on a place like Facebook.