[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Austin Collie back at practice?

RattlerB

Just saw The Huddle's note that Collie was limited in practice today and not to be surprised if he plays this weekend against Philly. While I won't hold my breath, I gotta admit I'm shocked he's back at practice after seeing so many reports that he might miss a couple more games. :wacko:

I need that guy to get healthy in my office league where I'm 6-2, we start two WRs and the ones on my roster are:

Austin Collie (awaiting his return)

Randy Moss (now he gets that BYE he was missing)

Miles Austin (thank God the Cowboys can't run the ball)

Patrick Crayton (dumped Driver... rolling the dice with Crayton against the woeful Houston defense)

If he does play, I doubt I'd plug him in my lineup over Wallace, or Crayton with that sweet matchup he has. But maybe play him over Jacoby Jones or M Bush? - league scores 40 ret yds = 1 with 2 pt bonuses at 100, 150 and 200 yds, and Jacoby's returning everything for Houston right now, well, I hope he still is after that punt bounced off his head near the end of the Monday night game, heh.

But definitley good news, hope he doesn't try coming back too soon.

Just saw The Huddle's note that Collie was limited in practice today and not to be surprised if he plays this weekend against Philly. While I won't hold my breath, I gotta admit I'm shocked he's back at practice after seeing so many reports that he might miss a couple more games. :wacko:

I need that guy to get healthy in my office league where I'm 6-2, we start two WRs and the ones on my roster are:

Austin Collie (awaiting his return)

Randy Moss (now he gets that BYE he was missing)

Miles Austin (thank God the Cowboys can't run the ball)

Patrick Crayton (dumped Driver... rolling the dice with Crayton against the woeful Houston defense)

The Texans defense is even more woeful than Crayton? I like a limited Collie better.

I was surprised at this news as well...I'd be amazed if he actually played Sunday but this has been a WEIRD year...Heck, even the packers are winning you know it must be strange...

Not that strange...the Vikings are still a joke.

The Texans defense is even more woeful than Crayton? I like a limited Collie better.

Yes, the Texans defense is definitely more woeful than Crayton as long as Rivers is slinging it.

With Collie likely a GTD for a 4:15pmEST game, I'm plugging Crayton in for his 1pm game unless Collie declares himself 100%... which is doubtful.

Great news, but I'm just not sure I would trust anything coming out of the Cults camp. They play this typ eof mind game on a regular basis to make their opposing team not knowing who will be in that position. And even if they say he is a go, I wouldn't count on production. He had surgery on his hand for god sake. Imagine a ball thrown my Manning, traveling at probably 80-90 MPH with a hand that's been just recently surgically repaired.

Okay, maybe I'll eat my words. This will actually work well for me this week if this is true.

Coach Jim Caldwell indicated that Austin Collie (thumb surgery, foot) made it through Wednesday's practice without a setback.

Collie looked good, according to Caldwell, and it seems as if he has a real chance to return to the slot role this week at Philly.

Source: Phil Wilson on Twitter

Okay, maybe I'll eat my words. This will actually work well for me this week if this is true.

Coach Jim Caldwell indicated that Austin Collie (thumb surgery, foot) made it through Wednesday's practice without a setback.

Collie looked good, according to Caldwell, and it seems as if he has a real chance to return to the slot role this week at Philly.

Source: Phil Wilson on Twitter

(salivates at the thought of Collie, AJ, and Braylon Edwards as starting wideouts in a Yahoo standard scoring league)

Dear Jesus: thank you for the Austin Collie WW pickup, and also thank you for the stupidity of the other owner. Amen.

amen, i too picked him up after an owner in my league dropped him. he's the 2nd best receiver in the nfl (avg ppg, yahoo).

you should NEVER drop a player of this caliber unless he's been ruled out for the season. i think some news of him being out "indefinitely" caused some owners to panic and drop him.

Yes, the Texans defense is definitely more woeful than Crayton as long as Rivers is slinging it.

With Collie likely a GTD for a 4:15pmEST game, I'm plugging Crayton in for his 1pm game unless Collie declares himself 100%... which is doubtful.

Crud... just realized I can plug Collie in at the WR/TE flex spot I have and bench Dustin Keller! I'm gonna gamble on that one!

Uggh....I almost wish he just waited out one week so I don't have to question whether or not I plug him in over Knox, Jennings or Ward. I'll kick myself if he plays a quarter and then just takes it easy.

I am giving serious thought to starting Collie this week in my Yahoo league. I still cannot believe I snagged him from the WW. If Collie stays healthy and returns to form, I am looking at a WR 1-2-3 of AJ, Collie, and Bess to complement my starting RBs of Foster, McCoy, and Blount/Mathews.

I am giving serious thought to starting Collie this week in my Yahoo league. I still cannot believe I snagged him from the WW. If Collie stays healthy and returns to form, I am looking at a WR 1-2-3 of AJ, Collie, and Bess to complement my starting RBs of Foster, McCoy, and Blount/Mathews.

I'm giving it thought alright, but if all of my other receivers play @ 1:00 and he's still questionable or not declard 100% then he'll probably stay on my bench.

You must have either very small rosters or some mentally handicapped owners. Who would ever just drop him mid-season??? :wacko:

I'm giving it thought alright, but if all of my other receivers play @ 1:00 and he's still questionable or not declard 100% then he'll probably stay on my bench.

You must have either very small rosters or some mentally handicapped owners. Who would ever just drop him mid-season??? :wacko:

This was a panicky owner who had bye week troubles at WR. That move I can sort of understand, but how three other owners before me failed to put in a WW bid for Collie is almost criminal. But yes: this Yahoo league has four newbies, and at least two of the other six are more casual owners (it was a league that started at a place I once worked, but which has gained and lost most of its original members - chances are it will fold in another year or two).

just snagged him as well in yahoo. very short bench league and going through bye's aint easy but our team is now stacked with R. White, Collie, Wallace, Marshall and just traded out moss for S.jax. not used to small benches but hey different strategies are always fun.