[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seyi Ajirotutu, Week 9 savior?

MTSuper7

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait, if Gates plays what does that do for Ajirotutu? Does he go back to obscurity?

One train of thought is if Gates plays and draws enough coverage attention, Ajirotutu will actually have more opportunities to produce.

Also, we have to work the nickname "Desmond" into Ajirotutu's name somehow.

Nice! :tup::tup:

Desmond has been working with the ones now for a few weeks and the key here is that Rivers is getting more comfortable with him. Rivers has admitted that he has been "reluctant" to pull the trigger a few times because of some of the new faces and has taken some sacks because of it. He is now much more confident in Banks and Desmond and they should both see their share of balls. Rivers is throwing against the #32 pass defense, and with the same group hit Tenn up for 300+ last week. What is important to point out is that Rivers went to Desmond on three third down plays, all for firsts last week and that should count a lot toward his confidence in him.

The Chargers have one of the absolute best wide receiver coaches in the league in Charlie Joiner and will have these guys well prepared.

One thing that I see can happen in this game is that Hestor gets to run some of the routs that Gates runs over the short middle out of the backfield. He is a great receiver with soft hands and this is the type of curve that Norv could toss into the game plan. Gates will probably be platooned more and Mathews and Sproles should get plenty of looks in the flat.

Yeah. I think he is a decent #2 WR option this week. I have him in a couple leagues and I too am throwing him in the lineup Good luck.

:wacko:

So wait, if Gates plays what does that do for Ajirotutu? Does he go back to obscurity?

Gates played last week and tutu came out with 3 for 48...expect more of the same or maybe better against HOU

So what's his value now? On the team for which I picked him up, I also have Collie, who will almost certainly sit next week. Ajirotutu is on a bye, with Floyd and Naanee likely coming back the following week. Is he even worth keeping after today?

He might be good for one more week before VJ comes back (I think week 12). Buster Davis is on IR

Maybe you can trade him high

Nobody is going to trade for a rookie I plucked off the waiver wire on Friday who has had one good game and is on bye this weekend and who will be, at best, the third-string WR the following week.

Or will they? :wacko:

No, they won't.

Nice! :lol::tup:

Desmond has been working with the ones now for a few weeks and the key here is that Rivers is getting more comfortable with him. Rivers has admitted that he has been "reluctant" to pull the trigger a few times because of some of the new faces and has taken some sacks because of it. He is now much more confident in Banks and Desmond and they should both see their share of balls. Rivers is throwing against the #32 pass defense, and with the same group hit Tenn up for 300+ last week. What is important to point out is that Rivers went to Desmond on three third down plays, all for firsts last week and that should count a lot toward his confidence in him.

The Chargers have one of the absolute best wide receiver coaches in the league in Charlie Joiner and will have these guys well prepared.

One thing that I see can happen in this game is that Hestor gets to run some of the routs that Gates runs over the short middle out of the backfield. He is a great receiver with soft hands and this is the type of curve that Norv could toss into the game plan. Gates will probably be platooned more and Mathews and Sproles should get plenty of looks in the flat.

Yeah. I think he is a decent #2 WR option this week. I have him in a couple leagues and I too am throwing him in the lineup Good luck.

:tup:

Quality post by one of the world's few level-headed Charger fans.

So what's his value now? On the team for which I picked him up, I also have Collie, who will almost certainly sit next week. Ajirotutu is on a bye, with Floyd and Naanee likely coming back the following week. Is he even worth keeping after today?

With Naanee, Floyd, and Gates coming back healthy after the bye, he won't have value unless there are more injuries to the receiving corp.

Quality post by one of the world's few level-headed Charger fans.

Thanx KP. :tup: That means a lot, especially coming from a villainous Raider fan like you! :tup:

Hestor: 3 receptions for 28 yards. Not so much for FF, but big in the real game!

Sproles: I whiffed that one! He was invisible by-and large and was LIT UP. I think he has been very average this year. He looks slow and indecisive in the return game and has dropped a few passes this year. Many more average plays than the lightning he has generated in the past.

Rivers: Love him or hate him, there is not a QB in the league playing better! If San Diego pulls this out (and they very well could), he should be looking at the MVP trophy!

Thanx KP. :tup: That means a lot, especially coming from a villainous Raider fan like you! :wacko:

Hestor: 3 receptions for 28 yards. Not so much for FF, but big in the real game!

Sproles: I whiffed that one! He was invisible by-and large and was LIT UP. I think he has been very average this year. He looks slow and indecisive in the return game and has dropped a few passes this year. Many more average plays than the lightning he has generated in the past.

Rivers: Love him or hate him, there is not a QB in the league playing better! If San Diego pulls this out (and they very well could), he should be looking at the MVP trophy!

San Diego will pull this out.

Chiefs are done. They have been skating by for 8 weeks. They just aren't there yet.

San Diego will pull this out.

Chiefs are done. They have been skating by for 8 weeks. They just aren't there yet.

There has been a lot of "youthful enthusiasm" that has been cool to watch and Crennel has these guys really playing hard on D. It just seems that they will eventually get burned by bring a jail break on almost every play. It is very disruptive, but the better teams with the right QB can beat it.

I am impressed with the O-Line! Helping kids with homework and all, I didn't get to hear the game, but I watched it.

I think there are fun times ahead for all of us in the AFC West. It is more fun in a competitive division than a one horse race. That is why I personally put a big asterisk on much of what the 49ers did in the past. When you play in a division with then four other suck teams, that is like 8 free wins a year. Where is the challenge and excitement in that?