[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

oh the hamanity

Azazello1313

That would have made a ton of BLT's.

Probably more... So we have 100 pigs, lets say the average weight of each of these pigs is 350 LBS, that is a total weight of 35K LBS. Lets assume, that much like humans, 20% of the pig's body weight is in the bones, we are now at 28K lbs of pig flesh and organs. Well, I just made my life easier.. Roughly 16 lbs of bacon is produced from one pig. Thus, we have 1,600 lbs of bacon. assuming that there would be four slices of bacon per BLT and that in a normal pound of bacon one has toughly 18 slices, that would be a total of 7,200 BLT's. Two slices of average bread would be about an ounce per piece, so we have two ounces there X 7,200, 14,400 ounces or 900 Lbs of bread. then 7,200 ounces, or 450 lbs, of mayo. Two slices of tomato, 2 ounces, roughly, another 900 lbs, then lets just say 1 ounce of lettuce for another 450 lbs. All together that would be 4,300 lbs of BLT's, or a little over 2 tonnes of Blt's...

I've killed three pigs this year so far. I've killed them because they are nuisance, and the state has asked for help in killing them. Pigs are one of the few non-predator animals that I will kill just to kill rather than kill to eat. Don't get me wrong if it is late winter and cold out I might kill one and harvest the meat, but if it is hot outside, I'll just kill the thing to get rid of it.