[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NYG Steve Smith injured

i_am_the_swammi

Per CBS, left practice early with a pectoral injury while stretching to grab a pass. Too early to tell if its a big issue or just a precaution, but something to keep on your radar.

That's just great. :wacko: Hopefully, he'll be good to go by Sunday. I'm running out of options @ WR.

Not Looking good for Steve Smith for Week 10

Per Rotoworld....

Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride suggested Thursday that Steve Smith is in danger of missing this week's game after straining his pectoral muscle in practice.

Gilbride spoke of Smith's value in drawing extra defensive attention. "It's a huge loss but we'll make do," Gilbride said. The Giants are still awaiting the test results, but it doesn't look good for Smith's chances of playing in Week 10. Mario Manningham would move into the starting lineup with Ramses Barden as the third receiver. Nov. 11 - 3:02 pm et

Nicks in line for a monster game...

Well, he would have been with Smith occasionally drawing a double. With that option gone, Nicks may be seeing double a heck of a lot more than he normally would have.

He'll still produce, but Manningham with single coverage is a real sneaky play here.

Oh, and expect a heavier dose of Bradshaw via the dump-off in the passing game.

Between games, teams should take their players and put them in drawers lined with cotton wool. What with practice, getting $hitfaced and swimming in the canal, shot dead, arrested by the police, falling down the stairs and tripping over the dog, these guys are just walking liabilities.

Well, he would have been with Smith occasionally drawing a double. With that option gone, Nicks may be seeing double a heck of a lot more than he normally would have.

He'll still produce, but Manningham with single coverage is a real sneaky play here.

Oh, and expect a heavier dose of Bradshaw via the dump-off in the passing game.

I can't imagine the team that would choose to double Smith over Nicks.

The only candidate just fired their DC (and head coach) :wacko:

I can't imagine the team that would choose to double Smith over Nicks.

:wacko:

And like I said, he still should produce. I just think the chances of a monster game would be greater if there was a better threat than Manningham on the opposite side. While Smith occasionally drew two defenders in short passing downs (which sometimes would set up a long pass to Nicks), Manningham will NEVER see a double.

Am/was starting Smith in two leagues and I'm going against a Manningham owner in a third.

Would would have thunk that an injury to a guy like Smith might turn out to be pivotal. :wacko:

(rubs hands and grins, knowing he is going against the 7-1 league leader this week with an even more valuabve Nicks)

Between games, teams should take their players and put them in drawers lined with cotton wool. What with practice, getting $hitfaced and swimming in the canal, shot dead, arrested by the police, falling down the stairs and tripping over the dog, these guys are just walking liabilities.

+1

:tup:

And like I said, he still should produce. I just think the chances of a monster game would be greater if there was a better threat than Manningham on the opposite side. While Smith occasionally drew two defenders in short passing downs (which sometimes would set up a long pass to Nicks), Manningham will NEVER see a double.

'twas more of a dig against Phillips I was shooting for sorry :wacko: