[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TSA Airport Screening

Square

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, about as close as anyone could come I guess would be to point to this terrorism risk index, which has israel as one of 16 countries in the "extreme risk" category, while the US is classified as a "medium risk".

Nevermind the hardly obscure fact that Israel is surrounded by countries full of people intent on seeing the end of their country and race.

Israel is somewhere between 11 and 16 on the terror index. We are 33. They have 12 airports we have at least 366. Their airport traffic does not compare to ours. Maybe they are 3 times more likely to be attacked by terrorists but we have 30 times the targets at a minimum. All I said about doing what they do is that I would need some indication it could be done on a much more massive scale at a cost equal to or less than body scans. Besides, it's a pretty lame argument to tell me you find a full body scan or pat-down in the alternative an abuse of goernment power, but having the United States Army surrounding 366 airports on US soil as a less intrusive and more cost effective moethod of dealing with terrorism.

:tup::wacko:

Have a happy Thanksgiving I'm hungry for turkey not worms...

Give me a break. There is nothing unreasonable about a full body scan coupled with the pat down option. The article about how Isreal handles security was a joke, they have 12 airports.

As an aside, I find it amazing that a full body scan represents an abuse of government power but invading, occupying and liberating the wrong country is a justififed response to terrorism. But by all means, anyone who thinks the fed is finally overreaching with a 20 second body scan, please f*ck up my vacation and my relatives' vacation becuase you want to make a point about efficiency. :wacko: Maybe I can get you your blankey and passy while you throw your f*cking tantrum instead of driving. But if you want me to listen to your bit about efficiency and good use of money, making me miss a non-refundable flight is probably not the most persuasive method.

Interesting non sequitur you have going on there. Since I think the government is over reaching and people are stupid if they think that "security theater" is actually making them more safe than I am for/against something to do with the wars that started almost a decade ago? We'd be better off if we simply had enforced the cockpits, made the public aware, and spent the other 7 billion of the TSA cost on intelligence.

Besides, it's a pretty lame argument to tell me you find a full body scan or pat-down in the alternative an abuse of goernment power, but having the United States Army surrounding 366 airports on US soil as a less intrusive and more cost effective method of dealing with terrorism.

So who is saying we should have the US Army surround all airports? TSA workers work for the same "company" as the military does but I'm not trying to say have the Marines at LeGuardia. My point is that you have "security theater" going on at current airports and it's a waste but some people just don't see it so as we all cry about fiscal responsibility maybe we should realize when there are opportunities to push back instead of just being extra apathetic in our cubicles.

It is really simple. People who claim that a full body scan is too expensive and too intrusive are fine letting a lot worse $hit slide right past their radars. It is contrived. It's fake outrage buy people looking to be outraged. You can say whatever you want but I don't believe anyone whining about the scans. Nobody.

For what it is worth, read your atricle about airports in Israel.

Armed guards outside the terminal are trained to observe passengers as they move toward the doors, again looking for odd behaviour. At Ben Gurion's half-dozen entrances, another layer of security are watching. At this point, some travellers will be randomly taken aside, and their person and their luggage run through a magnometer.

Randomly with no probable cause. Armed guard surrounding 30 times as many airports randomly searching millions of more passengers. Who is paying these armed guards and under what authority do they operate? It would have to be federal. I can be detained by someone for "odd behavior" and that's OK but a digital image of my cock is over-the-top? Contrived.

First, the screening area is surrounded by contoured, blast-proof glass that can contain the detonation of up to 100 kilos of plastic explosive. Only the few dozen people within the screening area need be removed, and only to a point a few metres away.

Second, all the screening areas contain 'bomb boxes'. If a screener spots a suspect bag, he/she is trained to pick it up and place it in the box, which is blast proof. A bomb squad arrives shortly and wheels the box away for further investigation.

30 times the airports millions more passengers here. More efficient? Cheaper? How many are you building? Contrived.

Again, maybe it would be cheaper and more effective (I doubt it) but I'm not sure that is any less intrusive than a full body scan over there.

• 2 weeks later...

Really? This is what we've come too?

Breasts, buttocks and genitals get hands-on treatment when transportation security officers rub airline passengers through their clothing. The agents sometimes slip gloved fingers inside the edges of underwear, to touch bare skin.

Remind me again, how many bombs have they found? Two fingers in the anus for your 9 year old next.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/12/14/861...l#ixzz1865sbM5z

Really? This is what we've come too?

Remind me again, how many bombs have they found? Two fingers in the anus for your 9 year old next.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/12/14/861...l#ixzz1865sbM5z

If you opt out of a full-body scanner or set off the scanner alarm - or if you trigger an alarm in the metal detector that cannot be resolved - you will have a pat-down. Fewer than 3 percent of passengers get pat-downs.

♦You have the right to undergo the pat-down in a private room and to have a person of your choice present as a witness.

♦All pat-downs are conducted by same-gender officers. The officer is required to explain the process before and during the pat-down.

♦If you have a medical device, you should inform the officer

Is it really that traumatic?

Is it really that traumatic?

No, unless you're really really sensitive. You know, like that guy lying on the couch in the Geico ad "Does a former drill sergeant make a terrible therapist?"

[Client on couch]

And that’s why yellow makes me sad, I think.

[Therapist]

That’s interesting. You know what makes me sad?

You Do!

Maybe we should chug on over to mamby pamby land and maybe we can find some self confidence for you – you jack wagon!

Tissue? [throws the box out of reach from the client] You cry baby!