[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lutheran missionaries torch muslim village

polksalet

We should really be spreading freedom and democracy in those places to ensure the rights of Christians everywhere are protected.

Crusades part II!! lets go!!

And just think, WW3 almost started over a crazy old guy burning the Qur'an. Apparently the socially acceptable behavior in Muslim society is burning houses instead of books.

And just think, WW3 almost started over a crazy old guy burning the Qur'an. Apparently the socially acceptable behavior in Muslim society is burning houses instead of books.

I really am not concerned about holy war conflicts in other countries . . especially not to make some kind of stupid veiled connection towards how evil Islam is.

The old guy was American and could have led to the harming/targeting of American soldiers/citizens in retaliation. Why provoke the crazies? :wacko:

I hope some of you actually take the time to read this.

Here is another good read . . .

this stuff transcends politics . . I sincerely hope that some of you read the links above.

I really am not concerned about holy war conflicts in other countries . . especially not to make some kind of stupid veiled connection towards how evil Islam is.

The old guy was American and could have led to the harming/targeting of American soldiers/citizens in retaliation. Why provoke the crazies? :wacko:

this stuff transcends politics . . I sincerely hope that some of you read the links above.

It is like the hurt Christians feel when they hear Jesus called "just a good teacher", "just a man", or even "just a prophet".

Yup, when I hear that I want to go out and kill me some infidels. Or if none are available, I may just burn down some mooslim houses.

Good lord, what mushy tripe.

no kidding, its not like a war of religion has had any bad consequences in the past 1500 years.

http://www.ethiosun.com/wp-content/uploads...6/auschwitz.jpg

I read the first one. A more accurate summary could be "two diametrically opposed theologies but one faith revels in suicide bombings and terror"..

As an atheist with morals, I find all religion pretty damn nutty. And while I understand Polk's recurrent threads on religious violence where he inverts in the title the victim and the aggressor to point out that today's religious violence is almost exclusively in one direction (muslim against christian), perhaps he should have read all the way to the end of the article before posting this one. you know, where the christian guy rapes a 12 year old muslim girl.

:wacko:

As an atheist with morals, I find all religion pretty damn nutty. And while I understand Polk's recurrent threads on religious violence where he inverts in the title the victim and the aggressor to point out that today's religious violence is almost exclusively in one direction (muslim against christian), perhaps he should have read all the way to the end of the article before posting this one. you know, where the christian guy was accused of raping a 12 year old muslim girl.

fixed

I don't need a refresher in world history, I'm pretty sure in a previous thread I generally covered the content of both of those links. My point is that America, and the world in general, doesn't even treat all religions the same-- it's completely cool to screw with Christians, and anything even remotely trivial that Christians do is viewed through a magnifying glass. I'm sure you're all aware of Serrano's work; can you honestly tell me that if he had chosen an image from another religion (Jewish star, image of Mohammad, hell even a Buddha) that the work would have been so vigorously defended?

A crazy old man talks about burning a Qur'an, and the entire world gangs up to denounce him. Muslims actually commit reprehensible violent acts constantly-- where is the world denouncing the human rights violations? Oh, that's right... those Muslims are crazy bastards and we have to walk on eggshells around them because if we make them mad they'll blow something up. Seriously? That's the argument you want to make? We can't treat them like adults because they're going to throw a tantrum and take out another building? I'm prettty sure the problem here isn't the crazy old man.

I suppose the end result is that Christians need to start blowing stuff up so people back off, I mean this mamby-pamby 'turn the other cheek' thing certainly doesn't seem to get any respect.

As an atheist with morals, I find all religion pretty damn nutty. And while I understand Polk's recurrent threads on religious violence where he inverts in the title the victim and the aggressor to point out that today's religious violence is almost exclusively in one direction (muslim against christian), perhaps he should have read all the way to the end of the article before posting this one. you know, where the christian guy rapes a 12 year old muslim girl.

I tried to look back but could not find it... I recall you posting back in the NYC mosque where you seemed to poo-poo the 9-11 bombing - I think I came back with a pretty rude comment that may have been over the top but to be honest ever since your post in that topic I cringe when I see you reply to these things.

I tried to look back but could not find it... I recall you posting back in the NYC mosque where you seemed to poo-poo the 9-11 bombing - I think I came back with a pretty rude comment that may have been over the top but to be honest ever since your post in that topic I cringe when I see you reply to these things.

There was a point I was going to make with that thread. Got gunned down before I could. Sorry if it offended you.

I never would "poo-poo" the 9-11 bombings. I lived that day pretty intensely seeing the towers burn from across the water, not being able to locate my SIL who worked three blocks away until late in the afternoon, and though I know no one who died that day, I had quite a few friends who did. And more importantly, 3000 innocent people died in a heinous attack.

I can however poo poo those who use cheap symbolism to score political points, those who decry us New Yorkers as out of touch, elitist, liberals except for when they get a 9-11 photo op, and then we're all in this together, and those who use religion as a tool of power rather than for it's teachings.

From someone who was there, and even though this was an attack on America as a whole, let's not fool ourselves those who lived through the attack take it a bit more personal than those who werent', and especially those who had family that died.

I do feel for that reason that we can decide as a city if we do or do not want a mosque in a coat factory a few blocks from 9-11 and the rest of you should shut the up<.

Obviously those last lines are not directed at you, but at those who tried to score cheap points on the back of the dead.

Peace

I do feel for that reason that we can decide as a city if we do or do not want a mosque in a coat factory a few blocks from 9-11

Can we build a statue at WTC of mohhomed and a box cutter slicing the throat of a flight attendant?

That would be a cool statue, would really show how you 'get it'.

There was a point I was going to make with that thread. Got gunned down before I could. Sorry if it offended you.

I never would "poo-poo" the 9-11 bombings. I lived that day pretty intensely seeing the towers burn from across the water, not being able to locate my SIL who worked three blocks away until late in the afternoon, and though I know no one who died that day, I had quite a few friends who did. And more importantly, 3000 innocent people died in a heinous attack.

I can however poo poo those who use cheap symbolism to score political points, those who decry us New Yorkers as out of touch, elitist, liberals except for when they get a 9-11 photo op, and then we're all in this together, and those who use religion as a tool of power rather than for it's teachings.

From someone who was there, and even though this was an attack on America as a whole, let's not fool ourselves those who lived through the attack take it a bit more personal than those who werent', and especially those who had family that died.

I do feel for that reason that we can decide as a city if we do or do not want a mosque in a coat factory a few blocks from 9-11 and the rest of you should shut the up<.

Obviously those last lines are not directed at you, but at those who tried to score cheap points on the back of the dead.

Peace

Thx for explanation. I did search to try and find what you wrote and I just remember reading it and getting very pee'd. Maybe I misread and maybe would have understood the point if it would have stayed open longer.