[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm benching Michael Turner today ...

Grits and Shins

I can see why people are frustrated about his inconsistency, but what about this matchup versus the Rams makes you think this will be one of those poor days?

Turner's worst games have been in ones where the Falcons have either faced a tough rush D (PIT, BAL), played from behind (PHI, SF), or left the game early (ARI)... I just don't see the STL game turning out like that.

No way do I bench him. I expected the downer against the ravens. Now he has a nice schedule to play out

5.4 vs PIT

7.5 vs ARZ

19.50 vs NOS

9.3 vs SFO

14.00 vs CLE

5.4 vs PHI

27.40 vs CIN

22.70 vs TB

3.90 vs BAL

There are too many "downers" in that list ... besides, I only said I'm benching him today not for the rest of the season

5.4 vs PIT

7.5 vs ARZ

19.50 vs NOS

9.3 vs SFO

14.00 vs CLE

5.4 vs PHI

27.40 vs CIN

22.70 vs TB

3.90 vs BAL

There are too many "downers" in that list ... besides, I only said I'm benching him today not for the rest of the season

2 of those are against Balty and PIT. Got hurt during the zona game after a good start. Philly game i believe they were down early and abandoned the run.

5.4 vs PIT

7.5 vs ARZ

19.50 vs NOS

9.3 vs SFO

14.00 vs CLE

5.4 vs PHI

27.40 vs CIN

22.70 vs TB

3.90 vs BAL

The 3 "downer" games are all against tough defenses...BAL, PITT and Philly. Go ahead and bench Turner against STL so I can come back in this thread later and laugh at you for playing a bunch of mediocre WR's instead.

Right now Turner has 19.60 points

BGE has 16.50

Fitzgerald has 21.00

Mike Thomas has 14.60

Mike Wallace has 22.50

Mike Williams has 14.40

So it looks like I gave up 6'ish points by benching Turner ... and I'm still going to win my game. What really sucked was playing Mike Thomas and leaving Steve Johnson's 39.70 points on the bench. Also left TB's 24 points on the bench for whatever Philly gets.

5.4 vs PIT

7.5 vs ARZ

19.50 vs NOS

9.3 vs SFO

14.00 vs CLE

5.4 vs PHI

27.40 vs CIN

22.70 vs TB

3.90 vs BAL

Believe me. I know what he did up to this point. My point was he seems to be through the brunt of the schedule and has good match ups ahead. He could be a guy that pays off

@St. Louis Won 34-17 M. Turner (131) td

Nov 28 Green Bay 1:00pm

Dec 5 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Dec 12 @Carolina 1:00pm

Dec 19 @Seattle 4:05pm

Dec 27 New Orleans 8:30pm

Jan 2 Carolina 1:00pm

Believe me. I know what he did up to this point. My point was he seems to be through the brunt of the schedule and has good match ups ahead. He could be a guy that pays off

@St. Louis Won 34-17 M. Turner (131) td

Nov 28 Green Bay 1:00pm

Dec 5 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Dec 12 @Carolina 1:00pm

Dec 19 @Seattle 4:05pm

Dec 27 New Orleans 8:30pm

Jan 2 Carolina 1:00pm

I think Turner, with this schedule, easily becomes a 20+ point a week RB. Heck, even Snelling should be viable with some of these match ups.