[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gifts for the Elderly

electricrelish

Jokes aside (plenty coming I'm sure :wacko: ), depends on the person. How active are they? Hobbies? Any health needs you could address (eg one of those back massagers, etc)? And since it's a woman, clothes could always be an option - a nice quality "house sweater" (whatever they're called, sort of open in the front like a jacket that you can tie etc) maybe, nice pair of slippers, etc....also a gift certificate for a spa, massage, manicure etc could work.

see if you can get a picture that she has that she really loves. maybe a relative can help you get it without her knowing. Then go to one of those frame places and have it professionally framed in one of those nice old fashioned types of frames. I'd go with either the frame idea or a studded black dildo

Jokes aside (plenty coming I'm sure :wacko: ), depends on the person. How active are they? Hobbies? Any health needs you could address (eg one of those back massagers, etc)? And since it's a woman, clothes could always be an option - a nice quality "house sweater" (whatever they're called, sort of open in the front like a jacket that you can tie etc) maybe, nice pair of slippers, etc....also a gift certificate for a spa, massage, manicure etc could work.

This person is at home with Hospice care. Not very active. Thanks for the suggestions.

see if you can get a picture that she has that she really loves. maybe a relative can help you get it without her knowing. Then go to one of those frame places and have it professionally framed in one of those nice old fashioned types of frames. I'd go with either the frame idea or a studded black dildo

:wacko:

One good suggestion here. Her birthday was last month, and I put together a book of pictures for her.

Edited by electricrelish

On a more serious note... Does she like to read? Book or gift card to a book store (maybe she could order a book, if she can't get to the store) Or, have someone go for her, and pick out something she would like? How about music? Does she have a CD player? Maybe find out what kind of music she likes, and buy her something to listen to. On that note, audio books (or whatever they're called) might be an option as well. Give her a chance to read a book, without having to do all of the "work."

Board games? My grandma, after my grandpa died, became a dominoes addict. Started playing all the time, with whoever she could get to play with her. Kept her mind active, and she seemed to be in a good mood whenever playing. Now, she's lost husband #2, but she still has (and plays) her dominoes. :wacko:

Does she have a favorite classic movie, or TV show, that you could find on disc?

This person is at home with Hospice care. Not very active. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry to hear. Granted it's not practical but what about a nice bouquet of flowers? Or a plant?

DVDs of fav shows or movies was also a good idea, assuming she goes for that kind of thing (ie watches TV/etc enough). Or CD of fav music.