[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Fitzgerald to the Patriots?

Shorttynaz

So this morning I was listening to local sports talk radio (Phoenix, AZ) and one of the guys brought this up. He said that there are sources saying that the Patriots have unofficially "behind-the-scenes" expressed interest in trading away some of their early picks for Larry Fitzgerald. The Patriots have 2 first round draft picks this season.

The speculation is the Cardinals are going to ship Fitzgerald and the 2.6 pick to the Patriots for Rob Gronkowski, NE's pick 1.17 (from Oakland) and NE's 2.1 pick (from Carolina).

It's ALL speculation, and as it was on local radio, there's not even a link for me to post. As someone who follows the Cardinals, I'd hate to see Fitzgerald go - but lets be honest.. They're not gonna do anything for the next couple of years. Took a major hit this past season with all the losses on defense and the loss of Warner. May as well get a young and talented TE (played college ball in Tucson at the UofA) and some high draft picks to start rebuilding a young team in a mediocre BAD division.

Thoughts??

Edited by Shorttynaz

My girlfriend occasionally checks this stupid website called "The Dirty" where people send things they want to anonymously get out on the internet. It's usually stupid "I cheated on my wife with her sister - at our wedding" type stuff, but back in December she showed me this submission from an NFL employee's son that plays into your rumor here.

Didn't think much of it, but since you brought it up...

Edited by kpholmes

My girlfriend occasionally checks this stupid website called "The Dirty" where people send things they want to anonymously get out on the internet. It's usually stupid "I cheated on my wife with her sister - at our wedding" type stuff, but back in December she showed me this submission from an NFL employee's son that plays into your rumor here.

Didn't think much of it, but since you brought it up...

LOL @ the comment "Tom Brady makes white players look black."

So this morning I was listening to local sports talk radio (Phoenix, AZ) and one of the guys brought this up. He said that there are sources saying that the Patriots have unofficially "behind-the-scenes" expressed interest in trading away some of their early picks for Larry Fitzgerald. The Patriots have 2 first round draft picks this season.

The speculation is the Cardinals are going to ship Fitzgerald and the 2.6 pick to the Patriots for Rob Gronkowski, NE's pick 1.17 (from Oakland) and NE's 2.1 pick (from Carolina).

It's ALL speculation, and as it was on local radio, there's not even a link for me to post. As someone who follows the Cardinals, I'd hate to see Fitzgerald go - but lets be honest.. They're not gonna do anything for the next couple of years. Took a major hit this past season with all the losses on defense and the loss of Warner. May as well get a young and talented TE (played college ball in Tucson at the UofA) and some high draft picks to start rebuilding a young team in a mediocre BAD division.

Thoughts??

Trade makes a lot of sense for both teams. AZ doesn't have a QB who can take advantage of Fitz's talents and could use the draft picks.

Since Gronkowski was mentioned ... w/o looking it up ... name the last ARZ tight end to lead the team in catches for a single season ... or at least the year that he did it.

E2A - somewhat surprisingly, it was not Jackie Smith.

E2A2 - arg, never mind ... I misread a year when I looked it up ... appears it was Smith after all, sorry.

Edited by ts

oh, if there was one rumor that I'd buy into, it'd be Fitz going to KC to re-unite with Haley. Fitz apparently thinks very highly of Haley. And while KC has Bowe, it's not like they really have any other WR of significance, plus Bowe said he learned a lot at Fitz's WR camp. Seems like a good fit if it could get done.

Problem is what's KC gonna trade in return? Seems as if the Cardinals are seeking more than just a 1st round pick. I mean if someone like Vincent Jackson's asking price is a 1st and a 2nd, then what's something like Fitz's? What's KC have to offer? Don't see anything happening there (not that I do see anything happening with the Pats).

Since Gronkowski was mentioned ... w/o looking it up ... name the last ARZ tight end to lead the team in catches for a single season ... or at least the year that he did it.

E2A - somewhat surprisingly, it was not Jackie Smith.

E2A2 - arg, never mind ... I misread a year when I looked it up ... appears it was Smith after all, sorry.

I would have guessed Freddie what's his name (Jones?)

Well if the rumor trade would happen it would be good all around for FF. NE get a great WR, and suddenly has a single TE (instead of guessing who's going to have the big game....) AZ get draft picks it desperately need to rebuild their team in the worst division in the NFL...

I honestly understand Fitz frustration.... With Warner at QB they win the division without breaking a sweat and actually compete in the playoffs... Without him and some other losses to FA the team is in shambles and he wants out.