[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's A Guy Outside My Window

Footballjoe

He was dangling from a rope. :wacko:

Our guys were always on a scaffold, hanging from the top of the building. It was about 12 feet wide by 24" deep. You guys have some ballsy window washers up there.

They do the same thing here. (Work on the 18th floor)

Really, wow. We were on the 33rd floor at the One Atlantic Station bldg. (Old IBM building)... maybe the elevation makes a difference.

Sure, I mean, if you fall from the 18th floor you'll be fine, but if it's the 33rd floor, you might hurt yourself. Good call. :wacko:

24 stories is the cut off, I think.

AP) BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Witnesses say they saw a woman throw herself from the 23rd story of a Buenos Aires hotel Monday and survive.

The woman landed in a sitting position on the roof of a taxi whose driver got out just before the impact deeply dented his roof and shattered the windshield.

The woman, a 30-year-old Argentine, has injuries throughout her body and is being treated in the emergency room of the Hotel Argerich, said Alberto Crescenti, director of Argentina's Emergency Medical System.

The taxi driver, who gave his name as Miguel, reportedly said he saw a policeman looking up and that prompted him to get out just before the driver's side of the car was smashed by the woman's body.

Another taxi driver, Juan Carlos Candame, told Associated Press Television News that he saw the woman climb over a barrier and jump into the void.

The woman fell from the top of the Hotel Crown Plaza Panamericano, where a restaurant overlooks the landmark Obelisk in downtown Buenos Aires.

Residents at a Manhattan apartment building have been ordered to stay off their balconies after a man fell 24 stories to his death early Sunday morning.

Police say the body of Connor Donohue, 24, was discovered just before 9 a.m. outside 330 East 39th Street in Murray Hill.

The death has been ruled an accident.

Officials with the Department of Buildings say the fatal fall might have been caused by a faulty railing on the balcony.

They say it appears the fencing and the post of the railing was loose and may have been damaged prior to the incident.

The DOB has ordered an engineering report on every balcony.

Residents have also been ordered to stay off their balconies pending the results of the report.

"I have no comment on how I feel about the building. I mean, if they knew then that's pretty bad, but they might not have known so," said one tenant. "It's a pretty old building too so hopefully they'll just fix it for the future."

"I'm not gonna wanna go out on my balcony until I know it's 100 percent safe to go back out there. I'm not risking my life to step outside for a couple of minutes," said another tenant.

The property owners have been issued a violation for not complying with building codes.

In a statement, the owners said, "A tragedy occurred and it is under investigation."