[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me with my vacation

Perchoutofwater

Another vote for Puerto Rico. You should also look at Aruba. Also Panama is supposed to be very nice.

budget for a vacation is 10-20 grand? :tup: no recession here . . .

It isn't like he went to the superbowl. :wacko:

cause that is an annual vacation . . .oh wait. It isnt. And I dont wail about how my financial world is crumbling due to politics. :tup:

Superbowl for one person - 3 K and a long drive through the wilds of Oklahomo

Vaction for 10 family members (1 to 2 K each) - Priceless...

:wacko:

Another vote for Puerto Rico. You should also look at Aruba. Also Panama is supposed to be very nice.

budget for a vacation is 10-20 grand? :wacko: no recession here . . .

Actually it is because of the recession that we are able to do this. We have very little work, which is a rarity for us. My father, brother, and I are partners in our business, so we very rarely have the opportunity to vacation together. Since business is so slow, this is a very rare opportunity for us to vacation as a family. Additionally, I'm not picking up the whole bill, only half of it, my brother is picking up the other half.

BTW, I got out voted. It looks like we will be going to Mexico again. We will be staying at the Azul Fives Hotel, which is just 10 miles north of Playa.

Mexico? I've heard good things about that country recently. :wacko:

Keep your head down. :tup:

Most of the issues are in norther Mexico and Mexico City. I'll be almost 1,000 miles southeast of Mexico City and farther away from northern Mexico than where I live.

BTW, I got out voted. It looks like we will be going to Mexico again. We will be staying at the Azul Fives Hotel, which is just 10 miles north of Playa.

Take the kids on a day trip to Xel-Ha. They will love it! Can swim with the dolphins, snorkel in a controlled envrionment, or tube down a lazy river.

Most of the issues are in norther Mexico and Mexico City. I'll be almost 1,000 miles southeast of Mexico City and farther away from northern Mexico than where I live.

Google Playa Del Carmen/Cozumel and headless bodies hanging from bridges.... or night club shooting... or, well you get the point. While you're down there, if you run across any of our old workers, can you tell them to come back, we might need them in April. :wacko:

Actually it is because of the recession that we are able to do this. We have very little work, which is a rarity for us. My father, brother, and I are partners in our business, so we very rarely have the opportunity to vacation together. Since business is so slow, this is a very rare opportunity for us to vacation as a family. Additionally, I'm not picking up the whole bill, only half of it, my brother is picking up the other half.

That makes more sense. I saw that you were spending up to 20K on a vaca along with how much money you are planning to lose this year I am I was :wacko:

Have fun! the site looks like a great place!

Google Playa Del Carmen/Cozumel and headless bodies hanging from bridges.... or night club shooting... or, well you get the point. While you're down there, if you run across any of our old workers, can you tell them to come back, we might need them in April. :wacko:

Based on what I've read all of most of the violence in Mexico is along the northern border and Mexico City. According the US government travel advisory for the Playa area, the only real concerns is late at night / early morning leaving clubs, and taking illegitimate taxis. Since we are taking the kids, there won't be doing any clubbing, and if we take any taxis, they will be the sitio taxis, which are legit. If we ever leave the resort it will be during the day. I'm not worried about it at all. Frankly I'd be more worried visiting southern Texas, southern New Mexico, and southern Arizona. than I would be visiting Playa.

Based on what I've read all of most of the violence in Mexico is along the northern border and Mexico City. According the US government travel advisory for the Playa area, the only real concerns is late at night / early morning leaving clubs, and taking illegitimate taxis. Since we are taking the kids, there won't be doing any clubbing, and if we take any taxis, they will be the sitio taxis, which are legit. If we ever leave the resort it will be during the day. I'm not worried about it at all. Frankly I'd be more worried visiting southern Texas, southern New Mexico, and southern Arizona. than I would be visiting Playa.

I won't visit Mexico until they clean their act up; and I don't care if it is one part of the country or not. I'm going to go somewhere safe like Detroit or something...:wacko: