[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

**HUDDLE ALERT**

nuke'em ttg

my wife isn't the Flower/candy type.....but i do remember her sayin it was nice that the other girls at work got flowers :wacko: usually i get her a funky fossil watch on Ebay, but this one snuck up on me. :tup:

I usually just do the flowers, some chocolate treats and I cook dinner... Then we spend quality time together, mostly watching television and our daughter run around like an idiot child.

She gets chocolate when I get my steak and bj.

Fixed and accurate for me as well

March 14th.

I'll get a card, probably some flowers or something not sure what else. She's got her birthday in a month, so I have to temper expectations or it can get real expensive.

I established what I think is a nice tradition with my wife when we first started dating years ago.

On valentine's day I give her a nice bottle of wine, to be opened at valentine's day dinner the next year...so essentially when we were still dating I was asking her out a year in advance.

Bonus is I get to drink awesome wine on valentine's day

[H8] Shouldn't you be prepping toast for the rush tonight, rather than posting here [H8]

:wacko: Just about to dive in. Though I got a lot of work done on Saturday, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Funny thing though, just checked the messages:

This one goes under "wishful thinking" dept...

6am: "Hi there, I thought I'd call first thing in the morning before anyone else did so I could get a table for 7pm..." Um, I guess I need to break it to him that we do accept reservations before the day-of.

At any rate, my wife and I had a nice day together yesterday. Got our spring garden planted, drank a bunch of champagne, and made pizzas from scratch. She had a 7am meeting this morning and I, of course, have to work all day today, so we turned in early.

Although I really hate the idea of a "push gift" I upped the usual on the V-day present this year since we just had a son two weeks ago. Typically we wouldn't really get presents for each other. We'd blow through some cash on a nice night out and just enjoy ourselves. We've already talked about going back to that plan, but there isn't much of a social life when you have a 2 week old so we ordered take out and rented a movie (got through half before sleep and will probably finish it tonight).

If anyone needs a last minute idea, you could always try to make some homemade Valentines Day cookies.