[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jersey Court Appearance

frenzal rhomb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not near enough. :wacko: 4 beers doesn't even "prime the engine".

Good luck in court. I'm rooting that the cop doesn't show.

Thanks man - and Im guilty by the letter of the law so have noproblem paying the fine. However, what a pain in the bung to have to drive all the way back there to hand over some cash - I guess they get to charge me court fees as well. Looking forward to meeting the judge, Im sure he will be pleasant and understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a warning - if you drive in NJ - make absolute sure you have proof of Insurance - if you dont have your card on you or your current card - the fine there is 158.00 plus court costs of 33.00. Even if you can prove you were insured the entire time

They dont care - you get popped, plus its a long day in the Jersey courts

Nope, 41 college educated and good job. You get old, Im glad Im still out there hitting the punk rock shows and having fun. Despite this issue, I'll keep at it - next tailgate is Dropkick Murphys in Philly - however, their they allow you to have a good time.

Frenzal Rhomb (the band) rules.

Thanks man - and Im guilty by the letter of the law so have noproblem paying the fine. However, what a pain in the bung to have to drive all the way back there to hand over some cash - I guess they get to charge me court fees as well. Looking forward to meeting the judge, Im sure he will be pleasant and understanding.

I'd demand a jury trial. Since it's Jersey, they won't be able to find 12 of your peers to seat for a jury and you'll walk away a free man.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Pay me $55 and move on

I wish - I just looked up the statute I was charged under - $200.00 fine and I have to go to court so they can advise me the next time I do it, it will cost me $250 and some community service.

The best part is - its a 2 hour ride one way for me to write the check, get a lecture and then turn around and drive 2 hours home.

They have the same process in New Hampshire when I was caught with an open container. My jackwad buddy had left an open pint of vodka in the passenger seat floorboard which was found when I got caught cutting through a gas station to make a turn.

When I went to court, I was told I either: Pay the fine, not pay the fine and go to jail, or plead not guilty giving me 30 days to come up with the $ for the fine upon my return to court.

Make sure you have the $200 on you when you get there.

They have the same process in New Hampshire when I was caught with an open container. My jackwad buddy had left an open pint of vodka in the passenger seat floorboard which was found when I got caught cutting through a gas station to make a turn.

When I went to court, I was told I either: Pay the fine, not pay the fine and go to jail, or plead not guilty giving me 30 days to come up with the $ for the fine upon my return to court.

Make sure you have the $200 on you when you get there.

I did - it was 208.00 and 33.00 court costs, problem was only one window to pay and everyone else in front of me was working out payment plans. I had exact change and was done in three minutes.

wow - you know who Frenzal is?????

- and yeah they do. I saw them with NOFX in 2002 at the Troc in Philly, never looked back

Yes, I do.

I just saw NOFX in January. It was great! You live in prime real estate for punk shows. I'm jealous.

Yes, I do.

I just saw NOFX in January. It was great! You live in prime real estate for punk shows. I'm jealous.

Yeah - I got popped at the Bouncing Souls home for the holidays show - Seeing the Murphys with Off With their Heads and against Me Tuesday, Bouncing Souls again April 1, Alkaline Trio April 27 and from what I hear, Nofx will be in Philly and Jersey in October.

Plus the best was I just saw Lawrence Arms in a 200 capacity venue

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah - I got popped at the Bouncing Souls home for the holidays show - Seeing the Murphys with Off With their Heads and against Me Tuesday, Bouncing Souls again April 1, Alkaline Trio April 27 and from what I hear, Nofx will be in Philly and Jersey in October.

Plus the best was I just saw Lawrence Arms in a 200 capacity venue

Off With Their Heads! :wacko::tup::lol::rofl: Good band. Actually all of those sound like good shows.

I'd demand a jury trial. Since it's Jersey, they won't be able to find 12 of your peers to seat for a jury and you'll walk away a free man.

I would suggest against this approach.

I tried it when I got a BS boom box violation because a cop pulled me over claiming I was listening to the NCAA tournament too loudly on the 1997 Mirage's factory stereo.

I checked the box requesting trail by jury and was mailed a summons to appear. There were about 300 other people appearing that day. Each person had to plead before the judge after being sworn in. One at a time. The smart ones had already changed their minds and decided to pay and changed their pleas to not guilty or no contest. The rest of the idiots like me plead not guilty one at a time on the witness stand and were given trial dates. One personal day used.

I took another day off of work to go to my trail. By letter of the law my stereo had to be so many decibles or more 50 feet away for the violation. You could crank by stereo full blast and hear nothing from 50 feet. Convinced of victory, I arrived and promptly learned that there were 21 other cases set for trail on that date so there was a significant chance my case would not go to trail that day. At 2:45 pm they confirmed for me that I was in fact not going to trial that day I was given a new trial date and was free to leave. I asked the clerk how many other cases were set for trail on my new trial date. She gave me a look that said dumba$$ and stated "22".

I don't know if this is one of Scoob's east Texas sayings but my mother has always said discretion is the better part of valor. I cut my losses and paid the fine that was now $295.00 with penalties, interest, costs and fees.

Good luck.

I would suggest against this approach.

I tried it when I got a BS boom box violation because a cop pulled me over claiming I was listening to the NCAA tournament too loudly on the 1997 Mirage's factory stereo.

I checked the box requesting trail by jury and was mailed a summons to appear. There were about 300 other people appearing that day. Each person had to plead before the judge after being sworn in. One at a time. The smart ones had already changed their minds and decided to pay and changed their pleas to not guilty or no contest. The rest of the idiots like me plead not guilty one at a time on the witness stand and were given trial dates. One personal day used.

I took another day off of work to go to my trail. By letter of the law my stereo had to be so many decibles or more 50 feet away for the violation. You could crank by stereo full blast and hear nothing from 50 feet. Convinced of victory, I arrived and promptly learned that there were 21 other cases set for trail on that date so there was a significant chance my case would not go to trail that day. At 2:45 pm they confirmed for me that I was in fact not going to trial that day I was given a new trial date and was free to leave. I asked the clerk how many other cases were set for trail on my new trial date. She gave me a look that said dumba$$ and stated "22".

I don't know if this is one of Scoob's east Texas sayings but my mother has always said discretion is the better part of valor. I cut my losses and paid the fine that was now $295.00 with penalties, interest, costs and fees.

Good luck.

Already done - they processed over 100 of us in three hours - I dropped 241.00 and out the door. Asbury Park had a nice profitable day.

Off With Their Heads! :wacko::tup::lol::rofl: Good band. Actually all of those sound like good shows.

wow - we have very similar taste in music - I just saw Off with their Heads four times since October (theyre my current favorite band) - once with Bad Religion, twice with Less than Jake and then with the Murphys. Just out of curiosity - how old are you, Im 41.

wow - we have very similar taste in music - I just saw Off with their Heads four times since October (theyre my current favorite band) - once with Bad Religion, twice with Less than Jake and then with the Murphys. Just out of curiosity - how old are you, Im 41.

I'm 24. I got into NOFX in 6th grade due to my brother who was 4 years older than me, haha. That was the beginning of me listening to punk music. Best punk show I've ever been to was Rancid a few years ago. They played over an hour of Rancid, left the stage, came back and played Operation Ivy, left the stage, came back and played songs of Lars Frederiksen's, left the stage, came back and played some Tim Armstrong songs in acoustic.

I'm 24. I got into NOFX in 6th grade due to my brother who was 4 years older than me, haha. That was the beginning of me listening to punk music. Best punk show I've ever been to was Rancid a few years ago. They played over an hour of Rancid, left the stage, came back and played Operation Ivy, left the stage, came back and played songs of Lars Frederiksen's, left the stage, came back and played some Tim Armstrong songs in acoustic.

yeah i figured you to be younger - Im typically the second or third oldest guy at shows these days -Ive actually only seen Rancid twice. Sounds like a good show though with all the extras -

yeah i figured you to be younger - Im typically the second or third oldest guy at shows these days -Ive actually only seen Rancid twice. Sounds like a good show though with all the extras -

Nothing wrong with that, considering some of the best that still go were formed in the 80s.