[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Firefighters denied access to WI capital building?

bushwacked

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

: :wacko: :

If this is accurate...then wow....just wow.

remember you have to decide of you are part of the $ 87 million or the $51 million. the firefighters are part of the $51 million and so are the cops who are defying the governor ...

remember you have to decide of you are part of the $ 87 million or the $51 million. the firefighters are part of the $51 million and so are the cops who are defying the governor ...

I know that Firefighters contracts stipulate that they cannot NOT handle emergency calls during strikes, only cease performing other activities like cleaning the fire stations, training, ect. I haven't been following the union deal in WI so I have no idea what the situation is really. Are the unions striking now or just threatening to if the governor doesn't change his actions?

I know that Firefighters contracts stipulate that they cannot NOT handle emergency calls during strikes, only cease performing other activities like cleaning the fire stations, training, ect. I haven't been following the union deal in WI so I have no idea what the situation is really. Are the unions striking now or just threatening to if the governor doesn't change his actions?

no one is threatening anything except the governor and the Fitzpatrick brothers....

no one is threatening anything except the governor and the Fitzpatrick brothers....

What part of "we don't have any money" don't you understand? Or are you going to continue to keep your head in the sand?

What part of "we don't have any money" don't you understand? Or are you going to continue to keep your head in the sand?

You just don't get it. The teachers said they would be willing to NEGOTIATE on the money issues. This is about Walker wanting to break the unions by unilaterally taking away their rights which was part of a process that has occurred for years. What part of this don't you understand? or are YOU going to keep your head in the sand?

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Wisconsin Voters finds that just 34% Strongly Approve of the job he is doing, while 48% Strongly Disapprove. Overall, including those who somewhat approve or disapprove, the new Republican governor earns positive reviews from 43% and negative reviews from 57% of voters statewide.

They just don't get it! :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

They just don't get it! :wacko:

Yep people don't get it. Check out the Emeritus program given to teachers in Green Bay. They retire and get paid a FULL annual salary for I believe a total of 30 days worked (over a 3 year period). This in ADDITION to pension and paid benefits.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/more-t...may-be-retiring

So they retire get paid a pension and benefits and a salary. They would then be replaced by another teacher who gets a pension and benefits and a salary. All this because it was collectively bargained for.

Maybe the teachers salaries are not huge but EVERYTHING that comes with it adds up. Just another reason why the collective bargaining seems to be in favor of the union not the state. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think private unions have these things built into contracts????

Another thing - I seem to recall libs on this board kept mentioning that the right never had an alternative to health care reform when they were blasting Obamacare. Where is the Liberal plan to get Wisconsin out of this mess? I have not seen any plans coming from the 14 people hiding out in Illinois???

Edited by gbpfan1231

Yep people don't get it. Check out the Emeritus program given to teachers in Green Bay. They retire and get paid a FULL annual salary for I believe a total of 30 days worked (over a 3 year period). This in ADDITION to pension and paid benefits.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/more-t...may-be-retiring

So they retire get paid a pension and benefits and a salary. They would then be replaced by another teacher who gets a pension and benefits and a salary. All this because it was collectively bargained for.

Maybe the teachers salaries are not huge but EVERYTHING that comes with it adds up. Just another reason why the collective bargaining seems to be in favor of the union not the state. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think private unions have these things built into contracts????

Another thing - I seem to recall libs on this board kept mentioning that the right never had an alternative to health care reform when they were blasting Obamacare. Where is the Liberal plan to get Wisconsin out of this mess? I have not seen any plans coming from the 14 people hiding out in Illinois???

Isnt their plan "we will cave on all the financial concessions if you actually negotiate versus dictate terms"? Isnt that their paln?

I cant wait to see how the state reps are sacrificing and taking a pay cut and paying more for their benefits in this deal . . . have they done so?

You just don't get it. The teachers said they would be willing to NEGOTIATE on the money issues. This is about Walker wanting to break the unions by unilaterally taking away their rights which was part of a process that has occurred for years. What part of this don't you understand? or are YOU going to keep your head in the sand?

First off, they are NOT rights, they are privileges. Like a driver's license - which can be taken away at anytime. So stop spreading the misinformation about this being about rights. It couldn't be further from the truth. It's about fleecing the taxpayers with a union backed democrat negotiating with unions. HUGE conflict of interest.

Apparently you're doing selective reading AND listening to further you own beliefs. Removing collective bargaining IS a money issue. Simply agreeing to a pay cut now knowing they are going to get it right back and more when the next Democrat is elected is NOT negotiating. It's postponing because they know full well they are going to get it right back. Unions are a business like any other so don't fool yourself into thinking they somehow care about the workers or are any more nobler than any other business. They are more than willing to sacrifice their own to keep the power and money coming in.

Besides, 50% of the states and Federal workers don't have the negotiating rights current WI unions do now, so why is this suddenly such a hot-button issue with you guys?

I pulled this off some other forum and it hits the right point:

Liberals are seeing the outcome of their own policies and how it affects them personally -- this time it is their favorite cause: redistribution of wealth. However, in Wisc it is in the form of taking it back from the fat salary packages of gov't union workers and giving it back to the taxpayers.

Hurts, doesn't it, when it is you?

Edited by tosberg34

First off, they are NOT rights, they are privileges. Like a driver's license - which can be taken away at anytime. So stop spreading the misinformation about this being about rights. It couldn't be further from the truth. It's about fleecing the taxpayers with a union backed democrat negotiating with unions. HUGE conflict of interest.

Apparently you're doing selective reading AND listening to further you own beliefs. Removing collective bargaining IS a money issue. Simply agreeing to a pay cut now knowing they are going to get it right back and more when the next Democrat is elected is NOT negotiating. It's postponing because they know full well they are going to get it right back. Unions are a business like any other so don't fool yourself into thinking they somehow care about the workers or are any more nobler than any other business. They are more than willing to sacrifice their own to keep the power and money coming in.

Besides, 50% of the states and Federal workers don't have the negotiating rights current WI unions do now, so why is this suddenly such a hot-button issue with you guys?

I pulled this off some other forum and it hits the right point:

Are you saying that in Wisconsin, they can take away your drivers license, for no reason. A contract in collective bargaining can only be NEGOTIATED away,not unilaterally taken away. You still don't get, and obviously you probably don't care. You are in the uninformed group here. You should argue about something you have some knowledge about for your next round.

Are you saying that in Wisconsin, they can take away your drivers license, for no reason. A contract in collective bargaining can only be NEGOTIATED away,not unilaterally taken away. You still don't get, and obviously you probably don't care. You are in the uninformed group here. You should argue about something you have some knowledge about for your next round.

You should really follow your own advice, but not surprised you don't. Like a lefty it's always do as I say, not as I do.

What are you talking about? No one is taking away any current contracts. It is for future contracts - try to keep up, okay? It's useless talking to you because you clearly don't want to be bothered with facts as it ruins your lefty rant.

The collective bargaining rights you are talking about were GIVEN to them by the state government, not by some unalienable right.

You should really follow your own advice, but not surprised you don't. Like a lefty it's always do as I say, not as I do.

What are you talking about? No one is taking away any current contracts. It is for future contracts - try to keep up, okay? It's useless talking to you because you clearly don't want to be bothered with facts as it ruins your lefty rant.

The collective bargaining rights you are talking about were GIVEN to them by the state government, not by some unalienable right.

They were not GIVEN to them by the state-they were negotiated with the state and the teacher's union. You really need to pull your head out of wherever it is. If it is for future contracts it should be NEGOTIATED-not taken. You still do not get it-rigfhty.

:wacko:

:tup:

I don't know why I'm posting these, except I enjoyed reading them for an understanding of what the issues are at hand.

It seems to me that if Walker was willing to compromise on the CB, then the financial proposals could move forward. Both of those op-ed's fail to acknowledge that the balancing the budget isn't Walker's primary concern. He has admitted he wants to get his "Regan moment" which has nothing to do with budget.

Op-ed's aren't typically written to give people a balanced understanding of the issues at hand.

It seems to me that if Walker was willing to compromise on the CB, then the financial proposals could move forward. Both of those op-ed's fail to acknowledge that the balancing the budget isn't Walker's primary concern. He has admitted he wants to get his "Regan moment" which has nothing to do with budget.

Op-ed's My posts aren't typically written to give people a balanced understanding of the issues at hand.

Fixed, for accuracy.

It is, in fact, all about getting the WI budget in order NOW as opposed to passing the buck. Removing the CB is one piece of the puzzle. You're just looking for anything and everything to vilify and distract from the truth but coming up short as usual. CB has got to go.

The sky ISN'T falling, chicken little.

Fixed, for accuracy.

It is, in fact, all about getting the WI budget in order NOW as opposed to passing the buck. Removing the CB is one piece of the puzzle. You're just looking for anything and everything to vilify and distract from the truth but coming up short as usual. CB has got to go.

The sky ISN'T falling, chicken little.

Incidentally, how much are the lawmakers in WI taking as a tax cut, including Walker to help balance the budget?

They were not GIVEN to them by the state-they were negotiated with the state and the teacher's union. You really need to pull your head out of wherever it is. If it is for future contracts it should be NEGOTIATED-not taken. You still do not get it-rigfhty.

I'm seriously beginning to think you're retarded. We're talking about CB here, right? Or are you on some other topic? The origins of CB were NOT negotiated, they were given to them by the state of WI (signed into law in 1959). Read here.

Incidentally, how much are the lawmakers in WI taking as a tax cut, including Walker to help balance the budget?

Not sure now, but I do know when he was Milwaukee County Exec he took a paycut to lead by example.

Did you people not read my article about the Emeritus program that was NEGOTIATED (I use that term loosely). Why would we pay someone a full years salary for working 30 days? The answer is because the bargaining is skewed in the favor of the unions. that is the real reason why the collective bargaining is being targeted.

Seriously all these little things that get bargained for add up to cost the taxpayer more money - how do you expect local govts to cut costs when they have to bargain when the bargaining itself is not fair???

How else is Wisconsin supposed to save money? We are taxed enough already so raising taxes is not the answer.

Seriously someone defend this emeritus thing and all the other things they get to bargain for. It is not a right so why should they have it when most people in this country don't??