[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Song Evah?

alexgaddis

Worst song ever?

Kokomo.

Written in part by "Papa John" Phillips, Scott McKenzie, and Mike Love. Recorded by the Beach Boys. Van Dyke Parks played on it.

For that amount of talent to record something that aggressively sub-mediocre is far more of a travesty than some semi-talent recording a dumb song.

It's like me recording a song and people going "well, that Chavez can't write a song and can't song for sh*t"; well, f*cking DUH. That's why I'm a nobody. Now if Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, and the ghost of Warren Zevon wrote a terrible song with stupid lyrics that Allison Krauss completely butchered, THAT would be even worse, because it's a HUGE waste of talent.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst song ever?

Kokomo.

Written in part by "Papa John" Phillips, Scott McKenzie, and Mike Love. Recorded by the Beach Boys. Van Dyke Parks played on it.

For that amount of talent to record something that aggressively sub-mediocre is far more of a travesty than some semi-talent recording a dumb song.

It's like me recording a song and people going "well, that Chavez can't write a song and can't song for sh*t"; well, f*cking DUH. That's why I'm a nobody. Now if Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, and the ghost of Warren Zevon wrote a terrible song with stupid lyrics that Allison Krauss completely butchered, THAT would be even worse, because it's a HUGE waste of talent.

Solid point

ok if that's the criteria, I'll nominate the song with KRS-one on REM's shttiest album ever, "out of time".

True story, you guys remember that lameass POS song "Lovefool"? Love me love me, say that you love me, fool me fool me, go on and fool me? :rofl::lol::tup::wacko:

In the 90s in Atlanta, 99X ruled the airwaves. They had an awesome morning show and they played nothing but alt rock. It was the last time probably ever that I will listen to broadcast radio on a regular basis. When Lovefool came out, inexplicably, they played the crap out of it. It was the only time other than commercials that I changed the station. So I wrote an e-mail to their program director saying how awesome their playlist was except for this one piece of crap that did not fit their format and was not worthy of being played on their station. I never got a reply, but they never played it again. Ever. I was incredulous, then beaming with pride that I had made a difference. But then I told some female friends and they were pissed because they liked the stupid song. :rofl:

Try that today -- most stations are owned by big corporations and aren't even programmed in the same city where they are located. Radio blows.

ok if that's the criteria, I'll nominate the song with KRS-one on REM's shttiest album ever, "out of time".

"Radio Song." I liked that song. Then again, I'm pretty sure my 6-year-old daughter and I have the same taste in music.

Now if Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, and the ghost of Warren Zevon wrote a terrible song with stupid lyrics that Alison Krauss completely butchered, THAT would be even worse, because it's a HUGE waste of talent.

Never, EVER, again put Alison Krauss in a thread like this. :wacko: Even in a good light. She is worthy of her own forum, if not her own thread. :tup:

As far as the negative press teenie queenie is getting... well, she wanted attention, she certainly got it!

Never, EVER, again put Alison Krauss in a thread like this. :wacko: Even in a good light. She is worthy of her own forum, if not her own thread. :tup:

As far as the negative press teenie queenie is getting... well, she wanted attention, she certainly got it!

Funny, considering the company, I thought Krauss was sort of an oh-by-the-way-her-too in that list of artists.

Funny, considering the company, I thought Krauss was sort of an oh-by-the-way-her-too in that list of artists.

No, I was trying to think of a phenomenally talented singer that would break my heart by releasing a piece of pandering pablum.

Feel free to substitute Neko Case for Krause if you'd like.

No, I was trying to think of a phenomenally talented singer that would break my heart by releasing a piece of pandering pablum.

Feel free to substitute Neko Case for Krause if you'd like.

No, I hear you. Wasn't meaning to bag on Krauss. Rather, personally, from that list, her's wasn't the name that jumped off the page to me. Big Tom Waits fan.

Wow, outstanding. :wacko:

No, I hear you. Wasn't meaning to bag on Krauss. Rather, personally, from that list, her's wasn't the name that jumped off the page to me. Big Tom Waits fan.

Well, duh on Waits. Though I have to admit his recent election to the rock'n'roll HoF is a bit of a puzzler, because I don't think he's ever recorded a single song approaching "rock'n'roll" but then I guess they don't have a "I Don't Know What the Hell to Call This Stuff but It's F'in Awesome" HoF yet, so it'll do.

Well, duh on Waits. Though I have to admit his recent election to the rock'n'roll HoF is a bit of a puzzler, because I don't think he's ever recorded a single song approaching "rock'n'roll" but then I guess they don't have a "I Don't Know What the Hell to Call This Stuff but It's F'in Awesome" HoF yet, so it'll do.

:wacko:

I dunno, I hear the guitar solo from

every time my phone rings...seems like rock n roll to me :tup: