[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Talk

Cunning Runt

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko::tup: I won my big money bracket having UConn winning it all.

$1500 payout to winner with $50 buy-in. This is probably my 5th year and I've yet to win until tonight!! I Never watch college basketball but I'm an analyst by nature, did like 10 hours of studying online two nights prior to tourny and it paid off - I'm pumped!!! I never win these pools since I don't follow college basketball or any basketball for that matter. :lol::rofl: Sorry to brag, but it feels good.

Ugly 1st half though!

$1500 payout to winner with $50 buy-in. This is probably my 5th year and I've yet to win until tonight!! I Never watch college basketball but I'm an analyst by nature, did like 10 hours of studying online two nights prior to tourny and it paid off - I'm pumped!!! I never win these pools since I don't follow college basketball or any basketball for that matter. :lol::rofl: Sorry to brag, but it feels good.

Ugly 1st half though!

congrats :rofl:

Ugly 1st half though!

Thats a nice hit. Congrats. I got back most of what I lost on the tourney with UConn/under last night, so while it may have been the ugliest game in the history of basketball I found it quite satisfying.

Thats a nice hit. Congrats. I got back most of what I lost on the tourney with UConn/under last night, so while it may have been the ugliest game in the history of basketball I found it quite satisfying.

Thanks. It was especially nice considering I almost didn't enter. I've been in this particular pool every year for about the last 5 years or so and since I don't follow college basketball at all, I never do good. But the week the tourny started I happened to get strep throat and since I was sitting at home that week and had nothing but time (also love to gamble), I decided to do the pool. I had a 2 part strategy when selecting my picks. 1st - I intentionally avoided picking a 1 seed to win. 2nd - I used the vegas odds to win it all instead of using the AP rankings or the seedings in order to select winners.

Did I get lucky? You bet - but it was calculated luck!!

Thanks. It was especially nice considering I almost didn't enter. I've been in this particular pool every year for about the last 5 years or so and since I don't follow college basketball at all, I never do good. But the week the tourny started I happened to get strep throat and since I was sitting at home that week and had nothing but time (also love to gamble), I decided to do the pool. I had a 2 part strategy when selecting my picks. 1st - I intentionally avoided picking a 1 seed to win. 2nd - I used the vegas odds to win it all instead of using the AP rankings or the seedings in order to select winners.

Did I get lucky? You bet - but it was calculated luck!!

Nice. The winner of the pool I run only had to spend $5 to earn a $1400 payout though.

Ugly 1st half though!

I would advise buying gold or staying in a cash position with your winnings. Why?

Because

It wont be long now.