[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ret. General tells it like it is

peepinmofo

I'm not saying that there is no amount of truth to this, but tell me, what kind of oil-related benefits have we been receiving from the war in Iraq? Because I am definitely not seeing that translated into gas prices at the pump these days.

I'm not saying that there is no amount of truth to this, but tell me, what kind of oil-related benefits have we been receiving from the war in Iraq? Because I am definitely not seeing that translated into gas prices at the pump these days.

I think politicians are keeping corporations happy with this chit. You, me, and general welfare of the US are of little consequence most of the time.

It's not to benefit you, silly. It's to benefit the traders, the big investors, the corporations. You know, the ones that actually count. You think anyone cares a rats ass about you (us)?

ETA: Beaten to it by Square.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I'm not sure it's news that nations have interest in regions that contain strategic resources. If iron came predominantly from Darfur, you can bet your backside there'd be more world-wide attention to the situation there.

As for the rest of his anecdotes, color me skeptical given the time when that was filmed (2007) and his very clear political bias.

I'm not sure it's news that nations have interest in regions that contain strategic resources. If iron came predominantly from Darfur, you can bet your backside there'd be more world-wide attention to the situation there.

As for the rest of his anecdotes, color me skeptical given the time when that was filmed (2007) and his very clear political bias.

Exactly. But when these wars are labeled as missions to keep civilians from being slaughtered, people stand behind the govt. However, when you know whats REALLY going on, like Ursa said, it is to benefit others, not us "little people". Until people start to wake the F up and realize we are being lied to each and every day, and that the govt is NOT there to HELP us, this will continue to happen, and get worse and worse.

That's because you're not in the Top 10 % club. They are loving the profits.

it still amazes me that few people talk about Afghanistan and the real reason we are there. You think its about Osama bin Laden ???? lmao...what a joke. It's because Afghanistan is the worlds largest untapped natural resources field. Period.

Do you hate every person that is successful?

That's a bit of a stretch. Being pissed that wars are being fought, seemingly for the benefit of the super wealthy but being sold to us as either democracy building or even, at very least, a means to bring all of us cheaper gas, does not exactly mean one "hates every successful person".

Playing the "this is all about the haves taking care of the haves" card is quite possibly spot on here. Not assuredly, but it's not outside the realm of logic. Countering that with "anyone who thinks this could be about the top 10% getting taken care of must hate everyone who is rich", on the other hand, is rather silly.

That's a bit of a stretch. Being pissed that wars are being fought, seemingly for the benefit of the super wealthy but being sold to us as either democracy building or even, at very least, a means to bring all of us cheaper gas, does not exactly mean one "hates every successful person".

Playing the "this is all about the haves taking care of the haves" card is quite possibly spot on here. Not assuredly, but it's not outside the realm of logic. Countering that with "anyone who thinks this could be about the top 10% getting taken care of must hate everyone who is rich", on the other hand, is rather silly.

I was not referring to just the comment in this thread - it is almost every comment he makes - look at the last comment in the Trump thread. It just seems that he continues to take shots at anyone who is "rich".

I was not referring to just the comment in this thread - it is almost every comment he makes - look at the last comment in the Trump thread. It just seems that he continues to take shots at anyone who is "rich".

:wacko: Trust me, one also doesn't have to hate all rich people to take shots at Trump. So that's not exactly a great argument either.

Listen, I get it. I'm not really any more a fan of Waterboy's shtick than you are. I just thought it odd that you took the comments made in this thread to run with.

:wacko: Trust me, one also doesn't have to hate all rich people to take shots at Trump. So that's not exactly a great argument either.

Listen, I get it. I'm not really any more a fan of Waterboy's shtick than you are. I just thought it odd that you took the comments made in this thread to run with.

Hear ya. Can't stand Trump - no idea why I "picked" this thread - just happened.

YOU aren't supposed to receive the benefits, average person.

EDIT - beaten to it by Square and Ursa.

Edited by Chavez