[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Captain America

buddahj

I've been waiting for somebody to post about this. I think it looks great as well. But I have a problem with Chris Evans being given the role. He was already a superhero (The Human Torch in Fantastic Four). I think its fair to say that you get 1 superhero in your lifetime. Thats it. You can't be 2!!!!!....lame casting IMO.

I've been waiting for somebody to post about this. I think it looks great as well. But I have a problem with Chris Evans being given the role. He was already a superhero (The Human Torch in Fantastic Four). I think its fair to say that you get 1 superhero in your lifetime. Thats it. You can't be 2!!!!!....lame casting IMO.

I have to agree. I can't believe they couldn't find someone else for the role. I thought Channing Tatum would've been a good fit.

Edited by buddahj

Looks very cool.

I remember one of my college buddies used to get drunk and grabing trash can lids around the campus and throwing it around like Captain America's shield, lol. He was funny and dangerous when drunk.

Looks very cool.

I remember one of my college buddies used to get drunk and grabing trash can lids around the campus and throwing it around like Captain America's shield, lol. He was funny and dangerous when drunk.

:tup:

Except I did it when I was like 10. :wacko:

You are assuming of course that anyone actually watched Fantastic Four! :wacko:

Does this mean we'll never see Toby McGuire play another superhero? :wacko:

Agree it's a lame choice but it's just because I think he has this smirky, smartass quality which worked well in FF but therefore makes him a horrible choice for this. Not sure who would work offhand, really.

Actually graphics are so good now, why not just animate em all :tup:

Edited by BeeR

This is looking very good, Thor not so much.

If Thor were being done on its own, I'd agree with you. But because Thor and Captain America are being tied into Iron Man 1, 2, The Hulk and the Avengers movie next summer - I think they're all going to turn out quite well.

Remember we saw Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark at the end of The Hulk.

I for one, am stoked to see what Marvel throws at us.

If Thor were being done on its own, I'd agree with you. But because Thor and Captain America are being tied into Iron Man 1, 2, The Hulk and the Avengers movie next summer - I think they're all going to turn out quite well.

Remember we saw Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark at the end of The Hulk.

I for one, am stoked to see what Marvel throws at us.

I'm looking forward to them, but I don't think simply because there's a tie in means it's going to be a good film. :wacko: In fact, I'll go out on a limb and predict Thor will be the least successful of the Marvel films thus far (excluding Punisher, I'll stick w/ SpiderMan and Avengers tie ins on that statement) in terms of both reviews and box office performance. I'll also add that for every minute over 90 Thor is, it will be half as good as it was the minute before - it's just too esoteric a character that few are truly familiar with. It's simply serving the purpose of doing his origin so it doesn't need to be touched on in the Avengers which should allow it to hit the ground running, and that WILL be good.

But back on topic: Cap does look really strong the more they show.

I never bought Captain America as an Avenger. He was essentially a regular guy with a shield. In the realm of the super powered, he would have been reduced to a grease spot on the ground.

And he wasn't the first Avenger.

Even as a kid I always had mixed feelings about a "regular guy" (no special powers) as some comic book hero, esp one who isn't at least relatively bullet-proof. Lack of believability I guess. On the other hand, to be at such a disadvantage and still kick ass I had to give props to.

Never a big CA fan solo but liked in the Avengers. OK serious geek flashback, anyone remember the Avengers vs Defenders battles? Always loved those kinda "cage match" things. :tup::wacko:

Even as a kid I always had mixed feelings about a "regular guy" (no special powers) as some comic book hero, esp one who isn't at least relatively bullet-proof. Lack of believability I guess. On the other hand, to be at such a disadvantage and still kick ass I had to give props to.

I didn't have a problem with Captain America vs. The Red Skull, or in Daredevil-ish type of scenarios.

But hanging out with Thor, Iron Man and the like? Forgeddaboudit.

:wacko:

I didn't have a problem with Captain America vs. The Red Skull, or in Daredevil-ish type of scenarios.

I always found the WW II/GI Joe type comics boring. I preferred to play WW II/GI Joe stuff outside w/friends. The appeal of over-the-top superhero stuff was how colorful it was.

OK I've talked way too much about comics already. We never had this conversation.

I always found the WW II/GI Joe type comics boring. I preferred to play WW II/GI Joe stuff outside w/friends. The appeal of over-the-top superhero stuff was how colorful it was.

OK I've talked way too much about comics already. We never had this conversation.

Yes, with the old metal Tonkas and GI Joe's with beards and with Big Jim. We used to kidnap Ken from the neighborhood girl's and run him over with the Tonkas, hang him from trees, throw down from the roof... etc... Oh good times :wacko:

Never a big CA fan solo but liked in the Avengers. OK serious geek flashback, anyone remember the Avengers vs Defenders battles? Always loved those kinda "cage match" things. :lol::tup:

But hanging out with Thor, Iron Man and the like? Forgeddaboudit.

:wacko:

What about Batman? He's a "regular guy".

Um...Captain America isn't a 'regular guy' he's in fact the first roided up Super Soldier. Batman is the regular guy(but who's smart enough to beat Superman).

BTW - any of you marvel heads notice clearly Tony Stark's father in the lab, and Dum Dum Dugan with his shogun running around with Cap? Howling Commandoes Baby! :wacko: