[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumorville

tazinib1

Man there are a ton of rumors floating around. Be nice to have 1 thread to post and discuss them all...so WALLA!!!

Recent rumor: Josh Johnson to the 49'rs?

Rumors are San Fran is interested in Johnson as a stop gap QB and would be willing to part with draft picks to acquire him. What am I missing here? What does that leave Tampa Bay with as a B/U? My guess is the San Diego State connection (Jim Harbaugh), but thats a stretch only Stretch Armstrong could appreciate.

Edited by tazinib1

If not for Freemans ability to not make mistakes, JJ could have been in contention for that starting job. He looked decent when given the opportunity, just Freeman took the reigns and never looked back. It would be an interesting fit. However, I'm not convinced their willing to give up on Smith. He did decent under the Martz and maybe under a new OC, might be salvageable.

If not for Freemans ability to not make mistakes, JJ could have been in contention for that starting job. He looked decent when given the opportunity, just Freeman took the reigns and never looked back. It would be an interesting fit. However, I'm not convinced their willing to give up on Smith. He did decent under the Martz and maybe under a new OC, might be salvageable.

Smith is not a Harbaugh QB. Period. He is going to shortly be relegated to the nether-world of career backup QB.

Nope, I don't own him nor Rivers. I just thought that he did well in TEN :wacko: So Josh is better than Volek?

He could be. He's still young. If he gets coached up and gets an opportunity I'd guess his career would end up much better than Volek's.

:wacko: I didn't realize it was that long ago!

How valuable is it to a rookie QB to have a veteran presence like Volek vs a younger guy like Josh?

I don't think either are dripping of NFL starting experience. Advantage to Volek being behind Rivers of course and hes done well when given the opportunity, but I don't think he'd make for a solid starter in San Fran. JJ would be better as a stop gap, IMHO.

:wacko: I didn't realize it was that long ago!

How valuable is it to a rookie QB to have a veteran presence like Volek vs a younger guy like Josh?

How about a guy who can do more than spot start a game here & there and is very early on in his career? I'll take the latter, thanks. Same reason why I wouldn't touch Bulger with a 10 foot pole if I were AZ - I'd rather make a deal for someone like Flynn, who will be a FA after next season.

How about a guy who can do more than spot start a game here & there and is very early on in his career? I'll take the latter, thanks. Same reason why I wouldn't touch Bulger with a 10 foot pole if I were AZ - I'd rather make a deal for someone like Flynn, who will be a FA after next season.

Flynn, Kolb, heck, I'd even shoot for JJ versus anything starts with Mark and ends with Bulger in AZ.

Flynn, Kolb, heck, I'd even shoot for JJ versus anything starts with Mark and ends with Bulger in AZ.

That's the same thing people were saying about a guy with a name starting with Kurt and ended with Warner in AZ. I mean he came here after getting the dirt kicked out of him in NY. Everyone said he was done and wasn't going to provide the Cardinals with anything that they didn't already have in Matt Leinart...??

(Side Note) NOT AT ALL SAYING I WANT TO SEE THE CARDINALS GO AFTER BULGER. I'D RATHER THEY WENT AND MADE A DEAL FOR ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED QBs INSTEAD.

Edited by Shorttynaz

With Rogers concussion history, I'm not so sure Flynn is going to be available...of course everybody is available for the right price. What about that kid in Chicago (name escapes me at the moment). I'm sure he could be had pretty cheap.

For what it's worth, I'd LOVE to see Kolb slinging spirals to Fitz. :wacko:

With Rogers concussion history, I'm not so sure Flynn is going to be available...of course everybody is available for the right price. What about that kid in Chicago (name escapes me at the moment). I'm sure he could be had pretty cheap.

For what it's worth, I'd LOVE to see Kolb slinging spirals to Fitz. :wacko:

That is if Fitz sticks around.. I work for the TSA in Phoenix and see Fitz come through my checkpoint on occasion. He came through 2 weeks ago and I asked him how his offseason is going. He told me he's "still sore from trying to jump high enough to catch balls that were overthrown in his direction by 20+ yards".. I laughed and then asked him if he would rather have Skelton or Hall throwing to him moving forward, he said it "doesn't matter. I'm a free agent soon enough."

Obviously there's no link, just a very brief conversation I had with him.

On another random note, I also saw Steve Breaston come through not too long ago as well. In a similar conversation, he said that he "likes Hall's heart, but heart doesnt have armstrength to get a ball downfield."

One last random note. 3 weeks ago I saw Dallas Clark come through. Being a Colts fan I was in shock (and awe). He told me he was "vacationing" in the Phoenix area - and said that he was "house-hunting" out here. I told him he better not leave Indy. He said "some things are out of our control." I was like "Hey, you can't leave a Colts fan hanging like that." He just responded with "I like it out here.. Have a good day, bud."

Edited by Shorttynaz

One last random note. 3 weeks ago I saw Dallas Clark come through. Being a Colts fan I was in shock (and awe). He told me he was "vacationing" in the Phoenix area - and said that he was "house-hunting" out here. I told him he better not leave Indy. He said "some things are out of our control." I was like "Hey, you can't leave a Colts fan hanging like that." He just responded with "I like it out here.. Have a good day, bud."

:wacko: Potential scoop of the year!!

:wacko: Potential scoop of the year!!

Never know. Take it for what it's worth. But things do add up a little. The Cardinals REALLY need a QB, but their TE situation isn't all that promising either. Personally I don't see anything happening (whenever the lockout is over). But with the production the Colts got out of Tamme last season and the substancially smaller salary, I suppose it's possible. Or maybe dude just likes it out here. I moved out here from Indiana 14 years ago and have never looked back. I too love it out here.