[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My son's first gobbler: Ole 6 Beard

Hat Trick

That is awesome. I'm guessing a fresh turkey that you killed yourself is a lot tastier than a frozen Butterball. Sometimes when my wife is in the mood to cook, I'll request Thanksgiving with all the fixin's and she'll spend a Sunday afternoon slaving away in the kitchen and we'll have the leftovers all week. :wacko:

That is awesome. I'm guessing a fresh turkey that you killed yourself is a lot tastier than a frozen Butterball. Sometimes when my wife is in the mood to cook, I'll request Thanksgiving with all the fixin's and she'll spend a Sunday afternoon slaving away in the kitchen and we'll have the leftovers all week. :wacko:

Nope. Wild turkeys are lean, running machines, not a lot of fat and not nearly as much meat as a good ole Butterball. The best tasting parts are the breasts which are friggin' delicious. Don't even think about baking your wild bird and expect to get the same type of eating you'd get from a store bought bird or as much meat/leftovers. However, there's nothing more satisfying than winning the man vs nature contest against one of the most conniving, intelligent, scatter-brained, frustrating critters God ever put in the woods.

Nope. Wild turkeys are lean, running machines, not a lot of fat and not nearly as much meat as a good ole Butterball. The best tasting parts are the breasts which are friggin' delicious. Don't even think about baking your wild bird and expect to get the same type of eating you'd get from a store bought bird or as much meat/leftovers. However, there's nothing more satisfying than winning the man vs nature contest against one of the most conniving, intelligent, scatter-brained, frustrating critters God ever put in the woods.

Are you allowed to dig a shallow hole and put a pipe bomb in the bottom and top it off with bait? If so, I'd like to see some video. Who said the bastards can't fly! :wacko:

Very nicely stated..... I can have them in the yard looking at me at 5 feet and they will not leave but when i have my bow or gun they are so skiddish that they run at the blink of an eye.......

How sharp are those friggin claws on their feet, we always gett'm in our brack yard and i wanted to do battle with one cause he was just standin there but i got an upclose of the feet :wacko:

Let's just say they know how to use them and even the most worn down pair I have ever seen are pretty dang sharp.

taken my kids 8 and 10 this weekend... hope it doesn't snow....

How'd it go?

HR speaks the truth!

Did anybody else think that this thread was about a BJ from an old nasty looking woman? :tup:

:lol:

Thanks for reading everyone. The regular season started today, but I have to work mon-thurs. I will be trying to get my 7 year old boy his first turkey this weekend.

How'd it go?

Lets just say that hunting in 3 inches of snow and 40 mile an hour winds does not get the boys to gobble much. We did see one nice tom later on sunday but he wanted nothing to do with us. We had 3 big jakes that were interested but would not come into range.