[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Girl survives fall from Golden Gate Bridge

buddahj

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A 16-year-old girl survived a fall or jump from the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, authorities said on Monday.

The teen was found "conscious and responsive" beneath the suspension bridge at about 11:15 a.m. on Sunday, said U.S. Coast Guard spokesman Levi Read.

She was pulled out of the water into a Coast Guard boat and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. The extent of her injuries was unclear.

"Normally when we're talking about a jumper from the Golden Gate Bridge, the numbers show it's not a high probability that they're going to survive," Read said.

The bridge's roadway surface at mid-span is about 270 feet above the water.

It was not immediately clear if the girl, who was not identified, jumped or fell from the bridge, or which part of the bridge she dropped from.

Surviving the fall is one thing. Not drowning after the impact is what I find incredible. I'm not sure I'd last 20 minutes in those cold waters even with arm floaties.

brack in the day Bier did can openers off that thang...in a thong

Surviving the fall is one thing. Not drowning after the impact is what I find incredible. I'm not sure I'd last 20 minutes in those cold waters even with arm floaties.

Plus you would have to survive the embarrasment of the paramedics finding you with a shriveled Johnson