[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colorado Springs area

Clubfoothead

On the short list for the CFH family getaway this summer. Looking for recommendations for hotels in area.

Thanks

Not a hotel, but the Trinity Brewing company is amazing. Everything a small brew-pub should be, tons of experimental brews.

co springs

:wacko: finally make it out just as i am moving

Believe it or not that was one of the first things I thought when it made the short list. :tup: Eventually your luck will run out and you won't be able to get away from us.

We are looking for scenery and lots of things for a 3 and 8 year old to do within driving distance of Dallas that might offer cooler weather in early August and the Colorado Springs area easily meets that criteria.

Unfortunately, I learned today that we are going to need cardiologist approval for Colorado. I am guessing due to the elevation.

Unfortunately, I learned today that we are going to need cardiologist approval for Colorado. I am guessing due to the elevation.

Depending on how elevation affects you, it might be worth packing a box of dramamine. A lot of those mountain roads can get you dizzy as you spiral up one and down the other. Never bothered me as a kid, but my dad and brother had to live off them for parts of our Colorado trips.

We own the Marriott in Colorado Springs. Newly renovated hotel in 2008, a mile from the base of Pikes Peak (check out the photo in the link below). Its around $100/night, plus or minus, depending on when you go. The Broadmoor is a wonderful hotel, but you'll pay top dollar during the summer months. if price is no object, that is definitely the place you want to be.

PM, and I'll do whatever I can to get you guys a great deal at our place if price is a factor.

Marriott Colorado Springs

You noticed that too. :wacko:

square-

clubbie and i go back a little bit. i almost made a trip or two to tx that didn't work out. our ideal was to be drinking tequila in cozumel, but life gets in the way. would have been great to meet this online friend and his family.

Believe it or not that was one of the first things I thought when it made the short list. :tup: Eventually your luck will run out and you won't be able to get away from us.

We are looking for scenery and lots of things for a 3 and 8 year old to do within driving distance of Dallas that might offer cooler weather in early August and the Colorado Springs area easily meets that criteria.

bummer about the approval... i was going to suggest some of our mountains (and if i were still working, i would have given you the bro deal at the hotel in vail). one day we shall meet amigo.

Not sure if a few extra hours north is too far to go, but we also have a Holiday Inn in Cheyenne, WY if the altitudes of the Colorado locations is a deterrent. I had never been there before last year, but when I went to visit, I loved the small-town feel.

I doubt cheyene is much lower in elevation than co springs, if at all.

Thanks for all the input. :wacko:

We spoke to the RN at the cardiologist's office and the altitude will probably not be an issue but touring any of the underground caves with the 3 y/o is probably not going to happen.

We have some A/C issues here at the house but I think company #6 may be the first ones not trying to sell me a new A/C unit I may not need. Assuming we don't need a new A/C unit for the house and the cardiologist clears the 3 y/o we should be on for early August. I would love to do one of them mountain bike trail rides by Pike's Peak and seeing a concert at Red Rocks is on my bucket list. Interestingly, My Morning Jacket has a show there on August 4. That would be a great 40th birthday present to myself but I'm not sure if bringing the kids would be such a great idea; although they love outdoor concerts.

swam, not sure where we are going to stay yet, I will keep you posted on that. Price won't be a hugh factor, for us we just have to have a hotel room with a fridge (mini) for the 3 y/o's meds that wont charge me for a beer each time we take the medicine out (happened at a hotel in San Antonio).

Anyways, thanks for all the input. Mike, San Fran is one of my favorite cities in all the world and the wife has never been. I can assure you I have no plans of dying before I get to see SF again. That's a threat.

Edited by Clubfoothead