[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

coffee...the miracle drug

Azazello1313

:tup:

A new study says that men who are heavy coffee drinkers are at lower risk for prostate cancer.

As part of the Health Professionals Follow-Up Study, Harvard scientists followed 47,911 men who periodically described their coffee consumption. The researchers found that those who consumed six or more cups a day were almost 20 percent less likely to develop prostate cancer over two decades than those who drank none.

More important, the heavy coffee drinkers were 60 percent less likely than the nondrinkers to develop a lethal form of the disease. Even men who drank just one to three cups of coffee benefited: They were nearly 30 percent less likely to develop lethal prostate cancer, the study said.

The study, published online on Tuesday in The Journal of the National Cancer Institute, is one of the first to link coffee consumption to a lower risk of prostate cancer. Coffee is a major dietary source of antioxidants, and other studies have suggested that drinking it is associated with health benefits including a lower risk of Type 2 diabetes.

:wacko:

6+ cups a day? People can drink that much and still sleep at night?

Actually I remember i had a boss like that once; he'd drink an entire pot before most others even got to work. Course he also chewed tums like peanuts..

6+ cups a day? People can drink that much and still sleep at night?

Actually I remember i had a boss like that once; he'd drink an entire pot before most others even got to work. Course he also chewed tums like peanuts..

That struck me as well. Listen, I'm as big a fan of the bean as most, but, even on heavy days, probably end up around 3 cups. If I was doing 6, I'd be pissing 5 stones a year.

That struck me as well. Listen, I'm as big a fan of the bean as most, but, even on heavy days, probably end up around 3 cups. If I was doing 6, I'd be pissing 5 stones a year.

My boss drinks no less than 6 cups a day. Its actually comical when he is here (works in Orlando, Im in Tampa) and leaves all his damn cups laying around. I dont know how people drink that much. I have 2, MAYBE 3 a day.

I drain a 12 cup pot in the morning and another 6 cups in the afternoon.

And sleep like a baby.

Maybe it's because I do other activities at night to also test my prostate... :wacko:

We figured as much

Yep. First post in weeks and I throw a meatball right across the plate. :wacko:

:tup: I had to read it twice to be sure my eyes werent deceiving me

6 cups kinda sounds like a lot, but keep in mind most coffee mugs are more like a cup and a half. so 4 of those.

At least. Good point. I think they mean cups as in 1 cup of a measuring cup. I think 1 might still describe me as I never fill my coffee cup anyway and never drink strong coffee. It's weird, I can tolerate most drugs easily - I've downed codeine, muscle relaxers etc with wine or beer and no big deal. But caffeine....