[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas school superintendents' salaries

polksalet

A few of those salaries shock me, but not all that many. I can easily see paying a top administrator a quarter of a million dollars a year in a large district with a high cost of living, or in a large and complicated district in an unattactive area where a premium has to be paid to draw talent.

Salaries over that quarter of a million dollar figure seem presumptively outageous to me with my familiarity and perspective on pay for public employees. Still, since I don't know the facts on the ground in Texas, and since I am not paying those salaries, it is no skin off of my neck.

I thought Texas outlawed unions?

superintendents are not in a union

Yeah, I think that was the point that WM was making.

I thought collective bargaining was the reason for bloated salaries. I'd hate to see what the person making $340k/yr would be able to negotiate had they had the power of collective bargaining. :wacko:

Yeah, I think that was the point that WM was making.

I thought collective bargaining was the reason for bloated salaries. I'd hate to see what the person making $340k/yr would be able to negotiate had they had the power of collective bargaining. :wacko:

Exactly my point. :tup:

That is ridiculous. Maybe corporate CEOs should also start unions for their collective bargaining rights!

I think the point that I was trying to make failed to get across.

The point I was trying to make is that you can't look at every bloated salary that exists for public employees and blame it on unions.

One of the superintendents on the list makes $250K/yr for overseeing 4300 students. On the surface, without knowing all the details, it seems a bit excessive and not a wise use of taxpayer money.

I think the point that I was trying to make failed to get across.

The point I was trying to make is that you can't look at every bloated salary that exists for public employees and blame it on unions.

One of the superintendents on the list makes $250K/yr for overseeing 4300 students. On the surface, without knowing all the details, it seems a bit excessive and not a wise use of taxpayer money.

Fair enough.

I think this may be relevant. Cobb County, GA just hired a retired Dallas Schools Super to head up our school system:

Hinojosa's salary in Cobb will be $237,000, considerably less than his Dallas salary of $328,000, though he will be able to draw Texas retirement pay that is "north of $200,000," he said.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Hinojosa approved 6 0

Thanks for picking up part of our tab. One interesting note. When he retires from Cobb, he will probably receive another 120K pension. He is 54 years old.

Carrol Thomas Beaumont Jefferson $347,834 1 19,893 $17 Recognized 179.2

The racial tension is brewing in Beaumont ...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=7931...amp;topic=13687

http://setxhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=117045

http://www.kfdm.com/articles/amps-41986-thomas-kfdm.html

http://theexaminer.com/stories/news/bisd-b...e-wage-campaign

Edited by Beaumont

Good grief I didn't know Beaumont was so jacked up.

On a serious note, how in the world does he get a small town like Beaumont to pay him that?