[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I flew first class last week

frenzal rhomb

I travel quite a bit & have over 40,000 miles combined with a couple of different airlines

That's not frequent travel, unless you do it in a year. On the same airline. 40'000 miles on Continental in a year would put you on their lowest level Elite Status, Silver. It does have many nice advantages, but Gold at 50k and Platinum at 75K are where it gets real nice. And yes, you have to fly those miles within a year to achieve the status. But with the Star Alliance program, a lot of airlines miles count toward the total.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Alaska gives you frequent flyer status with 20K miles and they are the best customer service airline in the business....IMO.

ETA: I take a lot of flights on Horizon, the connection airline under Alaska....a complimentary northwest beer or good northwest wine (only coach seats on the small plane) goes along way and something other airlines just don't do

Edited by bushwacked

That's not frequent travel, unless you do it in a year. On the same airline. 40'000 miles on Continental in a year would put you on their lowest level Elite Status, Silver. It does have many nice advantages, but Gold at 50k and Platinum at 75K are where it gets real nice. And yes, you have to fly those miles within a year to achieve the status. But with the Star Alliance program, a lot of airlines miles count toward the total.

Yeah, I figured not. Since July of last year I've flown round trip 16 times & 4 more scheduled before September. "Frequent" is certainly a relative term here.

I've made 11 trips to Asia in the past three years. Between my mom's executive platinum status and the miles I earn for myself, I've flow business class three times and first class once. For a 14 hour flight, it is hard to believe it's even the same plane. The entertainment pods they put you into with the chairs that lay all the way flat are just ridiculous. You get your own On Demand entertainment system with about a dozen good movies to choose from, tv shows,full music section with great CD's, etc. Maybe even more important than flying business class is just flying with an international carrier. Eva Air, Japan Air, and my favorite, Asiana. Domestic airlines are bottom rung compared to the service you get on the Asian airlines. And the stewardesses look like airbrushed dolls. Food isn't half bad and they serve you tons. If only I could do it every time. But 6 G's is just a bit hefty.

Domestically, I don't think first class is worth the price. It's a bit more comfortable, and you get a free drink, but it isn't a life altering experience.

Alaska gives you frequent flyer status with 20K miles and they are the best customer service airline in the business....IMO.

ETA: I take a lot of flights on Horizon, the connection airline under Alaska....a complimentary northwest beer or good northwest wine (only coach seats on the small plane) goes along way and something other airlines just don't do

I have MVP status with Alaska and fly them quite a bit and, for the most part, I don't agree with "the best customer service" brand you put on them. If I'm flying just down the west coast I will normally use Virgin America. I think their customer service from ticketing to baggage claim is top notch. The inflight experience on Virgin, IMO, is unmatched for a domestic airline.

I have MVP status with Alaska and fly them quite a bit and, for the most part, I don't agree with "the best customer service" brand you put on them. If I'm flying just down the west coast I will normally use Virgin America. I think their customer service from ticketing to baggage claim is top notch. The inflight experience on Virgin, IMO, is unmatched for a domestic airline.

QUOTE (bushwacked @ 6/9/11 1:15pm)

You give Bushy a beer and a feather and he is happy :wacko:

QUOTE (bushwacked @ 6/9/11 1:15pm)

You give Bushy a beer and a feather and he is happy :wacko:

We know, you fly first class with Jesus.