[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Wayne

rush00756

in PPR he's still better than all of those guys, as long as Manning is throwing to him I don't see him dropping off that much. He's a much safer pick than those other guys who are somewhat unproven.

This is the craziest notion in FF to date. What evidence is there that Wayne's production is on the decline? There are a few "experts" out there that say Wayne is on the decline. Hogwash. That is, unless, 111 receptions, 1,355 yards and 6 TD's is "on the decline". Draft him with confidence as your #1 and laugh at the chuckles.

ETA: BTW, Wayne hasn't missed a game since 2001. That's 150 straight games. Yeah..."On the decline" :wacko::tup::lol:

Edited by tazinib1

Top 7 FF WR 4 of the past 5 years. IND has no one talented enough to take his spot as Manning's #1 WR. He's 32, so he's still got at least 2 to 3 years left as a prime WR. My only concern would be Manning's neck and how he is this season. If Manning is healthy - and he looks like he'll start the season that way, Wayne is a great WR1 to be had in the middle of rd 2 or later.

It's from the "what have you done for me lately" files. Many fantasy football owners have pretty short memories, and let's face it, his second half last season featured as many single-digit fantasy point games as double-digit ones (Week 10 and on).

What people forget is the string of 9 straight double-digit games, including a massive 15-catch, 196 yard effort. And amidst that "quieter" second half, he had an even huge-r 14 catch, 200 yard, 1 TD game.

And hello? His 111 catches last year were a career high! His targets, according to MFL, have gone up in each of the past three years.

Speaking of targets, I guess the only thing that could give you any inkling of pause is that he had just 7, 9, 6 and 10 targets in the four games after that 200-yard outburst. And perhaps a "mini-pause" would possibly be four "average-ish" games within the first half of the season (right around 13 points per game).

As long as the Colts have Peyton Manning and throw the ball with regularity, Wayne is as much of a sure thing as you can get.

Maybe it was the four average-ish games in the first half, maybe it was the four below-average games in the second half. Looking at the full story, though, he's the #3 fantasy WR. Would I take him as the third WR off the board? Probably not, but he at least has top-3 potential, obviously.

E2A: Being lumped with guys like Wallace, Austin and Bowe is downright silly. I'd prefer one of the Johnsons, White, and probably Nicks/Fitz, but I wouldn't be mad if he was my WR1. And FWIW, I don't know why many are ranking Austin so high.

Edited by darin3

The idea that I would get the first or second best RB on my board plus Reggie Wayne and only two picks until my next one seems too good to be true. I am way too good in the middle rouds to let me get off to that kind of start. :wacko:

He's undervalued if he's still there at 2.11.

His ADP is reflective of the risk of the Manning surgery. If we had to draft today, knowing what we know (which is squat about what's really up with Manning's neck) it's not so far fetched to get what you know might only be 90% of Wayne's production but at least that's better than 60%. After the sure things are gone it's easy to start firing darts at the super speedy and/or athletic guys that could blossom or guys under the right circumstances might get 150 balls thrown their way ala Bowe and Lloyd last year.