[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3rd year WR worth grabbing...

Slugs3511

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you actually read the link? Because that's not what he said at all. He was very consistent as everyone else on this thread that years 2-4 seem to be the common break out years.

:wacko: Thank you for this post because it gets really old repeating the same thing over and over and people STILL don't seem to grasp what I'm saying. I sometimes wonder if I'm living a nightmare where nobody understands how to read written words.

6 years later and my stance hasn't changed.. You will see in that thread, however, that people love to hate my opinions and ideas because I'm usually ahead of the curve. Now that my stance is more widely accepted or at least understood more completely, the hate has disolved.

Guess what genius, the number 3 is right between the numbers 2 & 4.

There is no rule or theory that states any WR in his 3rd year will break out. Historically, however, if a given WR is gonna be a stud, he will usually breakout between his 2nd and 4th year. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

This was my very 1st post in that thread in which I state very clearly what my thoughts are on the topic. Yet I found myself still explaining myself several posts later. Note the strategically placed italics that were meant to make the point even more clear, yet people still find a way to argue with me :wacko:

Point is - people generally don't like any opinion that's not mainstream and will argue to the death how wrong that differing opinion is.

Guess what genius, the number 3 is right between the numbers 2 & 4.

Really? Did you not read the thread, or at least my very 1st post in it? My point was/is that if you focus only on year 3 players, you're missing the boat on the other 66% of players who have the same potential to breakout. :wacko:

It's like pulling teeth trying to get people to see the obvious. Selective reading is a disease on the internet that needs to be remedied. Too many people wanting to call me out. It's not healthy.

You know, the "terrible two's" can usually occur anywhere between ages 1-4, but I don't see anyone whining that they should be called the terrible one to fours. :wacko:

Who's 'whining'? It's pretty obvious that I'm only pointing out the flaw of looking at 1 specific cohort of players when the evidence shows there are 2 other cohorts (3 in total) that have the same potential to breakout.

And since when did you turn into a prick? Is it because I didn't support you in your LordOpie bashing a few months back?

This was my very 1st post in that thread in which I state very clearly what my thoughts are on the topic. Yet I found myself still explaining myself several posts later. Note the strategically placed italics that were meant to make the point even more clear, yet people still find a way to argue with me :wacko:

Point is - people generally don't like any opinion that's not mainstream and will argue to the death how wrong that differing opinion is.

Do you honestly think that the rest of us are so ignorant, or "behind the curve" as you put it, that we don't realize that a WR can and usually will break out between year 2 & 5 of his career? Do you realize that the term "3rd Year WR" is called that because, ON AVERAGE, a WR will break out in his 3rd year? :tup:

Do you honestly think that the rest of us are so ignorant, or "behind the curve" as you put it, that we don't realize that a WR can and usually will break out between year 2 & 5 of his career? Do you realize that the term "3rd Year WR" is called that because, ON AVERAGE, a WR will break out in his 3rd year? :wacko:

Yes, I do believe that many (some) people are under the assumption that a player in his 3rd year has a greater probability of breaking out than a year 2 or year 4 player. This is supported by posters who only post 3rd year players as 'breakout' candidates and completely fail to recognize year 2 & 4 players. It's also supported by the many articles posted every year that focus exclusively on year 3 players.

Seriously, do I still have to explain myself? Some people just like to argue and I guess I'm an easy target since people already think I'm a 'quack'.

Who's 'whining'? It's pretty obvious that I'm only pointing out the flaw of looking at 1 specific cohort of players when the evidence shows there are 2 other cohorts (3 in total) that have the same potential to breakout.

And since when did you turn into a prick? Is it because I didn't support you in your LordOpie bashing a few months back?

When you start talking down to people like they are not as smart as you & I had no idea on your stance with LordOpie, nor does it make a difference to me. But I imagine that if you actually knew all the facts then you might feel differently. Regardless, I don't need your support in knowing the difference between right & wrong. And as far as public bashing goes, please dig up whatever threads you can find where I publicly bashed him. What was said between him & I was said personally for the most part & the only thing I've said to others was the reason that I was upset with him.

When you start talking down to people like they are not as smart as you & I had no idea on your stance with LordOpie, nor does it make a difference to me. But I imagine that if you actually knew all the facts then you might feel differently. Regardless, I don't need your support in knowing the difference between right & wrong. And as far as public bashing goes, please dig up whatever threads you can find where I publicly bashed him. What was said between him & I was said personally for the most part & the only thing I've said to others was the reason that I was upset with him.

Why are so may huddlers so sensitive? When did I 'talk down' to anyone (when not provoked first)? Please, point out when this happened so I can learn from my mistake.

The first half of the posts in this thread were what I expected to see and came in here for. The second half, not so much.

Why does everything have to become such a pissing contest?

Andre Roberts from AZ is coming into his 2nd year, but played well last year when targeted and was complemented for his good route running during the rookie scouting process.

If I'm going for the standard potential stud 3rd year breakout guess, it's Jeremy Maclin for me.

Do you honestly think that the rest of us are so ignorant...

Yes, I do believe that many (some) people are under the assumption that a player in his 3rd year has a greater probability of breaking out than a year 2 or year 4 player. This is supported by posters who only post 3rd year players as 'breakout' candidates and completely fail to recognize year 2 & 4 players. It's also supported by the many articles posted every year that focus exclusively on year 3 players.

Seriously, do I still have to explain myself? Some people just like to argue and I guess I'm an easy target since people already think I'm a 'quack'.

*sigh*

Brent,

FF owners like to post the 3rd year players because it's a good reference point, not because they think those are the only players who could break out. My point is, maybe if you gave people with differing opinions or different approaches a little more respect & credit, then maybe they wouldn't react to you the way they do. :wacko:

*sigh*

Brent,

FF owners like to post the 3rd year players because it's a good reference point, not because they think those are the only players who could break out. My point is, maybe if you gave people with differing opinions or different approaches a little more respect & credit, then maybe they wouldn't react to you the way they do. :tup:

Good stuff here.

Brent, you have very good points on a multitude of subjects. But your delivery and communication of that message is extremely poor, and comes off as arrogant, narcissistic and dickish.

Right message, but terrible delivery, :wacko:

Why are so may huddlers so sensitive? When did I 'talk down' to anyone (when not provoked first)? Please, point out when this happened so I can learn from my mistake.

6 years later and my stance hasn't changed.. You will see in that thread, however, that people love to hate my opinions and ideas because I'm usually ahead of the curve. Now that my stance is more widely accepted or at least understood more completely, the hate has disolved.

:wacko:

*sigh*

Brent,

FF owners like to post the 3rd year players because it's a good reference point, not because they think those are the only players who could break out. My point is, maybe if you gave people with differing opinions or different approaches a little more respect & credit, then maybe they wouldn't react to you the way they do. :wacko:

Now you're selectively highlighting partial sentences to 'prove' your point? *sigh*.

If a FF owner is listing 3rd year players only then that is not merely a reference point. At that point, the owner(s) are focusing on 1 specific cohort of players while ignoring the others. I simply pointed out that this logic is flawed and incomplete. Not once did I disrespect anyone. It seems the inverse is true, people don't like to be told their logic is flawed and therefore react negatively when someone points this out.

Good stuff here.

Brent, you have very good points on a multitude of subjects. But your delivery and communication of that message is extremely poor, and comes off as arrogant, narcissistic and dickish.

Right message, but terrible delivery, :wacko:

My wife says the same thing. I still think everyone is just too damned sensitive to being told they are wrong.

Its more of you telling everyone else how visionary and awesome you are. :wacko:

But I AM awesome. :tup:

Seriously though. I really don't know a more polite way of saying things. I try to be aware of it and it seems harmless to me when I read what I've said. I just think there are too many p*ssies on this board. <<< That was a joke.

Now you're selectively highlighting partial sentences to 'prove' your point? *sigh*.
You asked me to point out where & that was exactly what I was doing. You're f'n killin' me Brent. :lol:

Ok, here is the whole sentence:

"You will see in that thread, however, that people love to hate my opinions and ideas because I'm usually ahead of the curve."

That didn't really make it sound any better. :rofl:

My wife says the same thing. I still think everyone is just too damned sensitive to being told they are stupid.

Fixed for accuracy. :tup:

But I AM awesome. :rofl:

Seriously though. I really don't know a more polite way of saying things. I try to be aware of it and it seems harmless to me when I read what I've said. I just think there are too many p*ssies on this board. <<< That was a joke.

Pot meet kettle. <<< That was a joke too. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

You asked me to point out where & that was exactly what I was doing. You're f'n killin' me Brent. :tup:

"You will see in that thread, however, that people love to hate my opinions and ideas because I'm usually ahead of the curve."

That didn't really make it sound any better. :lol:

Fixed for accuracy. :wacko:

Here is the full sentence where I mentioned nothing negative:

Yes, I do believe that many (some) people are under the assumption that a player in his 3rd year has a greater probability of breaking out than a year 2 or year 4 player.

And on that post, I'm done repeating myself over and over. I really think the internet skews the delivery and approach of what is being said. I think about that a lot when threads blow up like this. If we were talking in person, I'm confident people wouldn't get so upset about things I say.

You asked me to point out where & that was exactly what I was doing. You're f'n killin' me Brent. :lol:

That didn't really make it sound any better. :rofl:

Fixed for accuracy. :tup:

Pot meet kettle. <<< That was a joke too. :wacko:

HEY folks,

We're back to our senses. Nothing to see here. It's all giggles and hugs in this thread. Stop rubber-necking and keep moving along.

:hugsthread:

Here is the full sentence where I mentioned nothing negative:

Yes, I do believe that many (some) people are under the assumption that a player in his 3rd year has a greater probability of breaking out than a year 2 or year 4 player.

And on that post, I'm done repeating myself over and over. I really think the internet skews the delivery and approach of what is being said. I think about that a lot when threads blow up like this. If we were talking in person, I'm confident people wouldn't get so upset about things I say.

Well yeah... that's why I quoted the entire post & only highlighted part of it, so that everyone who read it knew I was taking what you said out of context to prove a point. And it wasn't really to prove my point, it was just to razz you. :wacko:

Maybe we should get Big John to edit the title of this thread to "2nd to 4th year WRs worth grabbing."