[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are you drafting Arian Foster #1 this year?

tazinib1

the kubiak/shanny running game system almost always produces with the zone blocking...especially if the qb and passing game can click....good offensive line...good qb/passing game....and foster looks perfect for that system.....

i think hes a little safer than ap and cj....and id probably take him #1 over those guys...although i hate owning a guy after owning them for their "career" year....almost always a let down after that

I don't usually subscribe to the handcuffing theory, but I would do it here because there will be production in this backfield regardless of who the starter is...

I don't usually subscribe to the handcuffing theory, but I would do it here because there will be production in this backfield regardless of who the starter is...

i know...i remember drafting steve slaton his rookie year in the 10th round...this was after getting chris johnson in the 5th round.....slaton was a great starter the 2nd half of that year...especially in a league where we have to start 3 rbs and one of my other rbs, portis, was starting to break down

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

the kubiak/shanny running game system almost always produces with the zone blocking...especially if the qb and passing game can click....good offensive line...good qb/passing game....and foster looks perfect for that system.....

i think hes a little safer than ap and cj....and id probably take him #1 over those guys...although i hate owning a guy after owning them for their "career" year....almost always a let down after that

Um , no . A guy who has done it 1 time is not safer then AP. You can spin it anyway you choose, and Foster may turn out to have more points, but under no circumstaces is he "safer " then AP.

Um , no . A guy who has done it 1 time is not safer then AP.

I think I disagree. :wacko:

AP is in a tough spot this year again, with no respected QB to take any of the pressure off the running game. He'll have a few games where he lights it up, but I think we'll see more than a handful of those 18 carries for 50-60 yard efforts, due in large part to seeing 10 men stacking the box. I'm not sure how often the Vikes will move into the red zone, which I believe could also limit AP's TD total.

While Foster has only "done it" one year, there is no reason to think he won't have similar success in a system that breed success for its #1 RB. He has a stud QB and a stud WR/TE corps that can take the pressure off the running game, the offense moves the ball well to allow for plenty of red zone opportunities, and he has excellent hands to not come off the field on passing downs.

Sorry, but based on the sorry and uncertain state of the QB position in Minnesota, I think Foster is the safer play heading into 2011.

Sorry, but based on th sorry and uncertain state of the QB position in Minnesota

What exactly makes you think the QB situation is "sorry and uncertain"? Unless, of course, you don't think Ponder is able to produce as a rookie. Something I think he is MORE than capable of doing. Ponder is going to surprise a LOT of pundits this year....looks like you will be one of them.

What exactly makes you think the QB situation is "sorry and uncertain"? Unless, of course, you don't think Ponder is able to produce as a rookie. Something I think he is MORE than capable of doing. Ponder is going to surprise a LOT of pundits this year....looks like you will be one of them.

He may produce, he may not. He might be a terrific pro as the season goes on, and into future years....but I think opposing defenses are going to make him prove it early but focusing on stopping the run.

At this point, there is certainly more risk in Ponder being able to run an NFL offense right from the get-go than the risk of Foster being able to run the ball in Houston's scheme. The risk associated with Ponder directly correlates to AP and the rest of the offense.

as much as I usually am on the other side of the fence with swammi it seems, I definitely agree with him here...

I always go with the back who has less mileage and I think that I would sell high on AD or CJ right now if I could in favor of someone who is trying to push into their plateau...

their prospects for this season and so on seem to scare me for whatever reason and I always find that when I have any fear about a RB in fantasy it ends up being spot on regardless if I have any concrete reason.....I am not saying this like it's a fact, but I am skeptical on AD and CJ plus I would either trade out of the 1 or 2 spot if I had them or draft either back to trade them after draft day....

Foster is a better play I think and we will see a few new RB's rise up as usual....plus I like the idea of handcuffing :wacko: Foster later in the draft.....(yes, I said I would handcuff)

I am not saying that Foster will not outscore AP and CJ, I just don't see him as "safer" . You want to say higher ceiling , I may agree( in PPR). If you are talking about the next 5 yrs , maybe . Just don't see it as safer for this season. In fact i think AP is as safe a pick as there is( outside injuries) . There has been many onehit wonders in this game , not sayin Foster is one , but you never know, we could be talkin about B. Tate this time next year (prob not but...)

I'd be more worried about CJ's production this year under new management than Fosters, but that being said, I still think he's over priced and will see a decline (not monumental by any means) in his prodcution this year. I think AP remains the champ but Charles following a close second with CJ and Foster hanging around the 3 to 5 range.

I am not saying that Foster will not outscore AP and CJ, I just don't see him as "safer" . You want to say higher ceiling , I may agree( in PPR). If you are talking about the next 5 yrs , maybe . Just don't see it as safer for this season. In fact i think AP is as safe a pick as there is( outside injuries) . There has been many onehit wonders in this game , not sayin Foster is one , but you never know, we could be talkin about B. Tate this time next year (prob not but...)

I'm with Trey on this one. AP is my #1 pick because he is the safest pick without a doubt. The bottom line, other than him being the best pure RB right now (imo), AP is entering his ABSOLUTE PRIME right now and anyone who owns him over the next 2-3 years will get his career year in one of those years. Trust me, now is the time to own AP and if you can draft him in a sleeper, that's ideal. I traded up in a league last year to obtain the #1 pick to grab AP specifically to own him during his prime years. It's a 3 year max keeper, so I have him this year and next - I suspect one if not both of the next two seasons will have AP getting around 25 TDs and 2,000+ combined yards.

I'm with Trey on this one. AP is my #1 pick because he is the safest pick without a doubt. The bottom line, other than him being the best pure RB right now (imo), AP is entering his ABSOLUTE PRIME right now and anyone who owns him over the next 2-3 years will get his career year in one of those years. Trust me, now is the time to own AP and if you can draft him in a sleeper, that's ideal. I traded up in a league last year to obtain the #1 pick to grab AP specifically to own him during his prime years. It's a 3 year max keeper, so I have him this year and next - I suspect one if not both of the next two seasons will have AP getting around 25 TDs and 2,000+ combined yards.

As a Vikings homer, I hope your right.