[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks and Kolb

heehawks

No?

Going into the season

Then

More

Kolb played less than one full game before being injured. Vick finished that game and started the next one. That was all Reid needed to see to make the switch permanent. To me, if you've named a guy your new franchise QB (as he did with Kolb before the season) you give him a chance to get his job back after injury, dont you? :wacko:

I stand by my statement that Reid was awful quick to name Vick his start indefinitely.

Keggerz was more accurate than you basing your opinion on quotes from the local paper or wherever you got them...and those statements were true, but you're just basing your conclusion on the quotes and not watching the actual games....

I've already stated why the Vick decision was an easy one even before he started to flourish as the starting QB in this thread to a point where it would be redundant to state it a 3rd or 4th time...

check out what I said, it explains why Vick was a no-brainer and also why Kolb was so quick to get hurt....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolb played less than one full game before being injured. Vick finished that game and started the next one. That was all Reid needed to see to make the switch permanent. To me, if you've named a guy your new franchise QB (as he did with Kolb before the season) you give him a chance to get his job back after injury, dont you? :wacko:

I stand by my statement that Reid was awful quick to name Vick his start indefinitely.

This is a business. Reid gets paid to win and if putting Kolb in risk his chance to win over Vick, it's his responsibility to place a player who will increase that chance. Now management might rather look at the overall picture versus the season at hand, but I think even the long run, ownership was more confident with Vick than Kolb.

I think everyone is in agreement that Vick is a starter, no matter what. The question is do you trade Vick or try to get some value out of your "other" franchise QB?

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the delay, NFL sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that they expect Kolb to be dealt from Philadelphia to the Arizona Cardinals by the end of the week.

In return, the Eagles are expected to get cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a draft pick.

Despite the delay, NFL sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that they expect Kolb to be dealt from Philadelphia to the Arizona Cardinals by the end of the week.

In return, the Eagles are expected to get cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a draft pick.

Sirius NFL Radio just reported this - pick is a 2nd rounder.