[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ongoing murder rampage in Grand Rapids right now

wiegie

It seems this is the type of killer that goes out in a blaze of glory so I would bet this comes to the surface really soon.

suspect died of gunshot wound to the head (after initial reports that he shot himself in the leg)

I know my psychopaths

(Also, concerning me leaving my family to go play softball, when I left my house the guy was heading in the other direction and was on the other side of Grand Rapids. I would not have left if I had felt that they were in any danger.)

It can never happen to you, right?

It can never happen to you, right?

of course it could happen--just like it could happen any day. However, you have to play the odds or else you would be holed up in your home for your whole-life because you would be scared of dying from all sorts of random events.

And the 2 hostages are safe. Glad some good finally came out of this.

The suspect offed himself... No trial, no long term incarceration, no death penalty case. A lot of good came at the conclusion of this horrific incident.

The suspect offed himself... No trial, no long term incarceration, no death penalty case. A lot of good came at the conclusion of this horrific incident.

The psychos just need to do that first.

of course it could happen--just like it could happen any day. However, you have to play the odds or else you would be holed up in your home for your whole-life because you would be scared of dying from all sorts of random events.

This. Being a terrified wuss seems to be in fashion right now.

This. Being a terrified wuss seems to be in fashion right now.

While I don't generally disagree, the fact that this was happening in your neighborhood seems to have significantly increased those odds of it happening to you or your family.

I just thought it was an interesting counter-point..."a guy is running around in my neighborhood shooting people up and we don't know who or why, anyway, see ya, I'm heading off to my mascot duties for the softball team"... :wacko:

While I don't generally disagree, the fact that this was happening in your neighborhood seems to have significantly increased those odds of it happening to you or your family.

I think you missed something. The murders happened about 8 miles from where I live and the guy was moving away from our home, not towards it. (At one time the guy was near my work, but neither me nor my family were anywhere really close to there.)

And besides, my team needed me.

I think you missed something. The murders happened about 8 miles from where I live and the guy was moving away from our home, not towards it. (At one time the guy was near my work, but neither me nor my family were anywhere really close to there.)

And besides, my team needed me.

:tup:

That makes my 6'5 frame quiver with laughter...:wacko: