[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heat Wave

Scooby's Hubby

In west Michigan today it will be about a cloudless 82 degrees with low humidity. :wacko:

(Yes, winter sucks and spring takes forever to arrive, but summer and fall (partially) make up for it.)

Edited by wiegie

East Texas is quite the opposite. Thermometer hits 104 everyday, and with high humidity the sky is the limit when it comes to heat index. I literally cannot walk anywhere barefooted without instantly burning. My A/C is running constantly and I am just waiting for that to break.

It was 99 degrees in the shop yesterday. I had to keep making the guys go up front & take breaks. Because of the heat/humidity it made the air feel heavy. I really hate it when it's hot outside.

:wacko: Pry open your wallet and get an AC unit installed for the guys. :tup:

I built a deck and privacy fence for my sister the last 2 weekends. The heat was a killer. I know why I don't want to be a GC full time.

Got to spend the day inside today, thankfully. Yesterday was a different story. Drove down to San Antonio to spend the day delivering magazines and found that the recently-"fixed" a/c in my wife's SUV was going out again. Spent the entire day with "sorta working" a/c. Brutal.

It has been 100+ for 13 straight days in Austin. San Antonio, though, was like 95 with a little breeze yesterday, thank God!

Edited by darin3

It used to drive me crazy when we lived in Arizona and people would always say, "But it's a dry heat." And then I experienced the singular joy of standing underground in a stagnant NYC subway station in work clothes on a hot, humid summer day, and I prayed for death's sweet release.

It used to drive me crazy when we lived in Arizona and people would always say, "But it's a dry heat." And then I experienced the singular joy of standing underground in a stagnant NYC subway station in work clothes on a hot, humid summer day, and I prayed for death's sweet release.

Picture a similar scenario in Paris, on a Friday, where they only shower once a week (usually on Sunday). It's effing brutal.

111 heat index out here in the country. But around 6:30 this evening a thunderstorm shows up. Watched the thermometer drop from 101 to 84 in less than 15 minutes. Right now it is delightful, the moon is out between the clouds and it's a pleasant 77.