[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Goal Line Studs

ckelle

Meh. Yeah, he's certainly built for the role, but come on. A rookie, with a shortened training camp, in one of the NFL's most complex offenses? I don't care if it's goal-line or not, he's going to have to be pretty darn special to get playing time over a host of other options the Colts have.

I guess this would be the appropriate spot to mention that I think the Colts re-sign Joseph Addai and he has a pretty good season.

I'm pretty sure the Colts drafted Carter with every intention of using him as the short yardage back. Somthing that Indy has lacked for quite awhile. And the over and under on Addai getting injured is week 3. Don't be surprised if Carter is inserted over D.Brown if/when that happens.

Meh. Yeah, he's certainly built for the role, but come on. A rookie, with a shortened training camp, in one of the NFL's most complex offenses? I don't care if it's goal-line or not, he's going to have to be pretty darn special to get playing time over a host of other options the Colts have.

I guess this would be the appropriate spot to mention that I think the Colts re-sign Joseph Addai and he has a pretty good season.

Yes, I agree Jospeh Addai could be a very good host, maybe even a special guest, but we're talking about other options the Colts have...

Or do you think they're set with Addai carrying a full load and Donald Brown doing a poor job of whatever it is he's supposed to do?

Yes, I agree Jospeh Addai could be a very good host, maybe even a special guest, but we're talking about other options the Colts have...

Or do you think they're set with Addai carrying a full load and Donald Brown doing a poor job of whatever it is he's supposed to do?

I think Addai gets around 225 carries, 900-1,00 yards and 8-10 TDs.

I'm not sold on Donald Brown. His ypc in his 2 years are worse than Addai's, and everyone keeps harping on Addai's crappy ypc.

I'm definitely not one to think Mike Hart is the answer, and don't think Carter is an every-down back in the Colts system YET.

For this year, I like Addai. He'll sign a one-year contract and they'll showcase him and let Brown/Carter battle for the 2012 gig.