[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my gosh I hate this iphone

polksalet

I have an iphone for work and haven't really cared for it. Last night when I went to bed I put it to charge on my laptop and I get up to "Your iphone must be restored". When I click restore I get "The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (6).

Thoughts?

Stop buying iphones from people out of their trunks.

Seriously - never had a problem with mine. Apple should make it right though - is there an Apple store near you?

Stop buying iphones from people out of their trunks.

Seriously - never had a problem with mine. Apple should make it right though - is there an Apple store near you?

Little Rock or Dallas

I've never had such a crappy piece of equipment. Unfortunately employer is a fanboy and goes into gyrations whenever I point something out. I would rather have the flu than this thing. I'm having to pay the bill on my old crackberry just so I will have a phone that works.

Switched puters and got it to reinstall to original condition. However it started rebooting itself every five minutes of so and wouldn't install the backup data. I put it in airplane mode and it is now working. I only had like 3.5 gb or so on the thing and its been restoring for right at 2 hours via usb.

kill me now

I'm not really familiar with iPhones, but if this is something that has just suddenly happened, and wasn't doing it before, then the best idea might be to bite the bullet and do a full factory reset, assuming that you have no really important data on the phone that will be lost. Instructions here.

I'm not sure about your contacts being restored, but the tough thing for backing up your data is that you can't connect it to your PC to back it up (can you?). Maybe someone else knows better, but that's as good as I can figure, other than checking with a "genius" or trying to return it under warranty as maybe a defect?

(ETA: I guess I should add that this is basically a last resort before you jsut send the phone back for a new one, because it can never hurt to try to restore it to out-of-the-box settings and see if that works, if you're going to have to get a new one to set up anyway).

Edited by delusions of granduer

We have an IPad and 3 IPhones at my house and only once had any problem when my wife's old phone started to not work. She brought it to the nearby Apple store and it was all fixed. I find my phone to be one of the coolest things I have ever owned.

Full factory reset three times

failed attempt at restoring backup data three times

I would love to bash Steve Jobs in the skull with this thing until both he and the itrash were dead.

24 hours to try and fix a phone? If this happens on ANY other brand of phone you pull the battery and its good to go in under 90 seconds.

Has anyone ever even heard of another type of phone that loses contact data when it crashes??

Really? Really?

250 miles round trip to the nearest apple (Jonestown) store. I went to one last week and I knew more than the genius idiots.

Or I could pay 50 bucks and get upgraded tech support over the phone for a phone that I don't even own.

I can't believe an adult would have something like this.

I always thought apple made money because they offered technically superior products. It is obvious to me that that they bastardized unix and made mouth breathers think they are smart for using something other than mainstream products. Thank goodness I stil have a 2 year old blackberry or I would be dead in the water.

I can't wait til Droid drives them into oblivion.

let me also add that Verizon doesn't support these things. Its apparently in their agreement with the Jim Jones ministry that only the cult hubs are able to work on them.

:wacko:

Never had a problem. My wife dropped hers and had an issue. She took it to the local apple store and they gave her a new one with everything updates, no questions asked.

I dont even have the dropped calls problem, but I live in the "flat as a pancake" state of Illinois. . . .

:wacko:

Never had a problem. My wife dropped hers and had an issue. She took it to the local apple store and they gave her a new one with everything updates, no questions asked.

I dont even have the dropped calls problem, but I live in the "flat as a pancake" state of Illinois. . . .

the "local" apple store her is 130 miles away

do you have a 4 and have you updated it in the last 4 days?

I have an iphone 4, I updated 3-5 days ago (I think) and I havent had any problems . . . . . yet.

Is it from the latest update only?

I don't know if they have released one since but I updated Friday night and it went to pieces. I'm too afraid to check for a new one.

I have a 4 and never had any problem with it. Then again, I'm savvy enough to know that dropping the latest update onto any piece of computer electronics is never the way to go.

User. Error. You keep reinstalling the thing that got corrupted which is why it prolly isn't working. I'm no expert though, I'd go to an apple store.