[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nnamdi Asomugha to Jets?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even trying to be bias as a Jet fan here.

But jesus, who wants to go play for non super bowl contending 49ers, who are a mess at multiple positions.

When they could be playing for the Jets, beside revis, making a possible super bowl run, behind a great coach?

This is what Im talking about. The Jets havent been relevant for 30 years before Rex got there, and now their fans act like its some kind of honor to play here. Instead of the possability that perhaps the last 2 years this team over achieved in the playoffs. I sure hope a few of you dont jump off the Brooklyn bridge if this team doesnt make the playoffs this year. :wacko:

E2A: Who has signed here and given the Jets a discount so far, to make anyone think Nnamdi would be willing to do so. I mean LT and Jason Taylor were washed up, so and the market for either of them was slim to none. seriously, its kinda like my Rangers, no pitcher wants to sign here, and we have to draft or trade for who we have, or overpay to get them here. Santonio, Cromartie, braylon were all traded here, they didnt choose the Jets. And when Santonio chose to resign here, he got one of the biggest guaranteed contract ever for a WR to do so, it certainly wasnt a hometown discount people are saying Nnamdi will have to give them. Bart Scott is the only player I remember choosing the Jets recently, he he was overpaid to leave Baltimore. I just dont get the discount talk at all. Sorry to have to be the "voice of reason" in this thread. :tup:

Edited by Brent

This is what Im talking about. The Jets havent been relevant for 30 years before Rex got there, and now their fans act like its some kind of honor to play here. Instead of the possability that perhaps the last 2 years this team over achieved in the playoffs. I sure hope a few of you dont jump off the Brooklyn bridge if this team doesnt make the playoffs this year. :wacko:

You're reaching with your "honor to play here." "over achieved in the playoffs" crap. No one has written anything close to that and how the he11 you can tell that from a message board is beyond me. Don't be a hater because, at this point in life, the Jets are in fact more relevant than the Cowboys.

gonna be a good wildcard race. NYJ or NE, Houston Balt and Indy, Chiefs or Chargers - 4 out of these 7 are truly contenders for the 2 wildcard spots. SOunds like another tie breaker year :tup:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

gonna be a good wildcard race. NYJ or NE, Houston Balt and Indy, Chiefs or Chargers - 4 out of these 7 are truly contenders for the 2 wildcard spots. SOunds like another tie breaker year :wacko:

AFC very tough. No way a team can do what the Jets tried to do last two seasons...win a SB by going into Pitt, Indy, NE, SD, etc. Just too tough to complete that trifecta...

Edited by The Wolf

AFC very tough. No way a team can do what the Jets tried to do last two seasons...win a SB by going into Pitt, Indy, NE, SD, etc. Just too tough to complete that trifecta...

Notice I did not mention Pitt in my wildcard discussion. However, their defense is just as good as the Jets and their offense was better.

You're reaching with your "honor to play here." "over achieved in the playoffs" crap. No one has written anything close to that and how the he11 you can tell that from a message board is beyond me. Don't be a hater because, at this point in life, the Jets are in fact more relevant than the Cowboys.

Im hardly reaching on the honor to play here, read the post I responded to again, Who wants to play for a non contending team like the 49ers, when you could be playing for the Jets. get real, there are a dozen teams that could use NNamdi and in this league of parity, could make a run at a ring with his services.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indy, Houston, San Diego, Kansas City, New England, and the Jets are 8 teams that have realistic expectations in the AFC to make the playoffs, and 2 of them are not getting in. San Diego and Houston are going to be better, and New england just got better in your own division. Its not a lock this team is even making the playoffs, let alone Super Bowl bound.

Im hardly reaching on the honor to play here, read the post I responded to again, Who wants to play for a non contending team like the 49ers, when you could be playing for the Jets. get real, there are a dozen teams that could use NNamdi and in this league of parity, could make a run at a ring with his services.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Indy, Houston, San Diego, Kansas City, New England, and the Jets are 8 teams that have realistic expectations in the AFC to make the playoffs, and 2 of them are not getting in. San Diego and Houston are going to be better, and New england just got better in your own division. Its not a lock this team is even making the playoffs, let alone Super Bowl bound.

I don't take that post as a bash on SF and "honor and glory" for the Jets. Infinity used SF and NYJ as they were the two lead horses in the race for Nnamdi at the time. His point: given the two, the Jets are closer to playoff success than SF, who hasn't made the playoffs. That's how I took it, but only Infinity can tell you how it was meant. Didn't see any SF homers complain so I think others read as I did also.

I agree with your second comment. The AFC is brutal and any time a team is in a division with NE, you are looking at a wild card 80% of the time before the season even begins. Nothing is ever guaranteed anyway, so even if the Jets were the class of the NFL (which they are not), anything could happen.

Edited by The Wolf

...and you are letting some things cloud your judgement. They definitely overachieved in the playoffs the last two years. In this NFL there is no natural progression to a championship. You can be in a conference title game one year and take last in your division the next. Many Jets fans act like it is a given that they were so close the last two years that they will make it to the title game again. Like the others said, they are a contender, but not a front runner. They are still lagging behind at least three teams in the AFC.

...and you are letting some things cloud your judgement. They definitely overachieved in the playoffs the last two years. In this NFL there is no natural progression to a championship. You can be in a conference title game one year and take last in your division the next. Many Jets fans act like it is a given that they were so close the last two years that they will make it to the title game again. Like the others said, they are a contender, but not a front runner. They are still lagging behind at least three teams in the AFC.

Bold point 1 - If they won 1 or 2 games on the road to get to the title game, maybe they over achieved. But they have reached two AFC title games by beating SD, Indy, NE, and Cincy on the road, and a horrific first half in Pitt kept them from a 5th road win. I cannot call 4 road wins - in those places - over achieving. How hard is it to win a playoff game on the road in the NFL? After 2 years, Mark Sanchez is already TIED AT THE TOP OF THE LIST in this category. Staubach, Dawson, Flacco, Delhomme. No way is that overachieving, and it wasn't all D that got them there...Sanchez has played better in the postseason. 94.3 rating, 9 - 3 TD to INT ratio, to 60.5 to 54.4 completion% in reg season.

Bold point 2 - Completely agree, although as a fan, I gotta believe!

Bold point 3 - I take nothing for granted, in any sport or in life. See Vinny Testaverde, opening day 1999. See Tom Brady, opening day 2008 (?). If fans choose to feel that way, so be it. Not me.

Edited by The Wolf

I don't take that post as a bash on SF and "honor and glory" for the Jets. Infinity used SF and NYJ as they were the two lead horses in the race for Nnamdi at the time. His point: given the two, the Jets are closer to playoff success than SF, who hasn't made the playoffs. That's how I took it, but only Infinity can tell you how it was meant. Didn't see any SF homers complain so I think others read as I did also.

well, he was implying that if it came down to the jets or 49ers, that the 49ers had zero chance at him because the jets are so superior :wacko: i disagree due to history showing us that many factors go into one's decision to sign with a given team. i am not really going to complain as i wouldn't trade team histories. i have been a very fortunate 9er fan (until about 03 :tup: )

seriously? NYJ are in the race for Asomugha's services cuz it's NY, not cuz it's the JETS. Same reason why Carmello wanted out of very nice, but boring Denver and wanted the action of NY.

If this is really what you think about Aso, you haven't been paying much attention to him while he's been in your division.

The guy wants to stay in the Bay, or wants a ring. Period.

That's why he's looking at NY - because they have back to back AFC Championship appearances. Not because of city life.

Dallas may or may not get Nnamdi, but I gotta think they will get Cromartie if nnamdi takes the Jets money. Dallas is always a contender, even coming off a 6-10 season. Too much firepower on offense to disregard Dallas as irrelevant. And they won the division 2 of the last 4 years, every other year. While not making the playoffs the year before, so this looks to be their year again. Dallas gave up on Wade, and its a shame players quit on their coach. But that wont happen again this yr, and the D will be very much improved. So i wouldnt say the Jets are any more a lock at the playoffs in the AFC vs Dallas in the NFC. So that doesnt make the Jets more relevant than Dallas by any means. Especially with an upgrade at Corner regardless who it is.

I'll admit it. As a Steeler fan, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that he doesn't go to the Jets. That CB tandem would make it damn tought to throw, and would allow the Jets to do a lot of blitzing with lockdown corners on both side. I'm hoping he goes elsewhere.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Less money for Nnamdi: Cowboys reached agreement with Marcus Spears on a 5-year, $19.2 million deal.

What is Dallas' cap situation? Could they still fit Nnamdi in after this signing?

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Less money for Nnamdi: Cowboys reached agreement with Marcus Spears on a 5-year, $19.2 million deal.

What is Dallas' cap situation? Could they still fit Nnamdi in after this signing?

Absolutely, but they will have to restructure the contracts of Romo, Ware and Austin. And what local radio is saying, any Nnamdi signing means Terrance Newman is gone here. Which I'm not fond of for future cap purposes.

Personally I think Cromartie maybe the better fit here. And I really dont care which of these 2 they get, as either will be a huge upgrade here. But if Cromartie allows them to get Michael Huff, or another solid safety, and Nnamdi means they go with what they had at safety last yr, bring on Cromartie.

Something Collin Cowherd said today about the Jets and Nnamdi was interesting. The Jets offense is the reason they didnt win more games last yr, not Cromartie and the secondary. And instead of strengthening a weakness, the O or the pass rush, they are letting guys like Braylon go, and spend more money on a strength at CB. And QB play and pass rush is what wins championships. Just ask New England in 2007, what won the Giants the Superbowl. And the Jets are not strong at either of those QB or pass rush.

Edited by Brent

More from Twitter:

calvinwatkins Calvin Watkins

by wingoz

Jerry jones just chatted with rob Ryan and now the owner is on the phone.

Calvin Watkins is on local radio right now, and he thinks Nnamdi is probably going to the jets, but using the Cowboys to get the Jets to pay more.

So who knows what is really going on. :wacko: