[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nnamdi Asomugha to Jets?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the consensus destination for Asomugha? SFO or NYJ?

Not even trying to be bias as a Jet fan here.

But jesus, who wants to go play for non super bowl contending 49ers, who are a mess at multiple positions.

When they could be playing for the Jets, beside revis, making a possible super bowl run, behind a great coach?

Not even trying to be bias as a Jet fan here.

But jesus, who wants to go play for non super bowl contending 49ers, who are a mess at multiple positions.

When they could be playing for the Jets, beside revis, making a possible super bowl run, behind a great coach?

dwill and s. smith stayed in car :wacko:

What happens if Nmadi makes more than Revis. Would there be conflict there with Revis knowing he's obviously a better CB and being paid less?

My guess is that even the Jets would never pay him more than Revis. That's gotta be understood by all parties, by Nnamdi as well.

My guess is that even the Jets would never pay him more than Revis. That's gotta be understood by all parties, by Nnamdi as well.

well Revis is making $11.5mil and I've heard some teams have offered around $14mil so he'd me taking around $3mil pay cut by going to the Jets.

With the Texans signing Joseph, NA to the Jets looks like it's almost likely.

How silly to compare the Jets to the Redskins. Dallas is more comprable to the Redskins than thje Jets are. How did Roy Williams work out? Or some other notable other WR busts? Need I even mention Dez? So far, a fragile bustola boy.

NA and Revis? Has there ever been a better shut down CB tandem in the history of the NFL? Rex Ryan LOVES man shut down corners. It feeds his defensive philosophy. I'de say it's 50-50 that NA signs with the Jets.

Cannot literally reveal my source, but someone in my family is very very close with someone important in the Jets Front office. They're the ones who reported it to me, it's not 100% official yet. But "in principle, Nnamdi has agreed to a deal with the Jets"

Voice of Clam is what happens after a man says "I do".

As long as there isn't an Echo in there Echo in there Echo in there Echo in thereEcho in there :wacko::tup:

SI_PeterKing Peter King

RT @RichCimini: Got a feeling that Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum are going to be high-fiving each other real soon ... Cimini tantalizes.

Rich Cimini is a Jet beat reporter. I really think that today is "Nnamday"

Edited by The Wolf

Dear Huddler Bretheren -

I'm torn on Nnamdi. Thought all along that this would be right move for Jets but is this money really well spent? Assume he gets $11 million per year...couldn't we keep Cromartie and sign a WR for that $$$? As interested as I am (both as a Jet fan and as a football fan) in seeing the game's two best corners in the same defense and how it affects opponents, I am more interested in my team making the right moves.

Is this the right move?

Signed,

On the Fence

Dear Huddler Bretheren -

I'm torn on Nnamdi. Thought all along that this would be right move for Jets but is this money really well spent? Assume he gets $11 million per year...couldn't we keep Cromartie and sign a WR for that $$$? As interested as I am (both as a Jet fan and as a football fan) in seeing the game's two best corners in the same defense and how it affects opponents, I am more interested in my team making the right moves.

Is this the right move?

Signed,

On the Fence

No, it's not the right move:

This is a good post. It really doesn't make sense for any team to spend big $$$ on a CB because they don't have that big of an effect on the game. A pass rusher is a bigger need. CBs don't touch the ball like offensive players do and can basically be taken out of a game by being avoided. Obviously having 2 top notch CBs would make it tough for opposing offenses to avoid. Plus, iirc, Cromartie was pretty darn good last year.

Also, I didn't realize that Asomugha is 30 and CBs do fade in their 30s - not as drastically as RBs but also not as gradual as WRs (who seem to do well into their mid/late 30s). I guess my point is that not only does this trade make little sense from a value perspective, you're also getting a guy past his prime. We don't know how much he will cost but my guess is that whoever signs him probably could have got more value for those dollars.

down to the Jets or the Cowboys ... Romo and others have come forward and said they would re-structure, as just reported on Rotoworld.com This will come down to the wire. The Cowboys sure do need him and this could really free up Ware to blitz more.

The brothers Ryan, drawing pistols at noon...

down to the Jets or the Cowboys ... Romo and others have come forward and said they would re-structure, as just reported on Rotoworld.com This will come down to the wire. The Cowboys sure do need him and this could really free up Ware to blitz more.

Dear God,

Hook us up

Love,

Whomp