[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Asomugha to the Eagles

DMD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dynasty team defense just got a whole lot more interesting. I don't get all worked up about team defenses, but this one could defintely be a difference maker. They're all in.

First off, absolutely phenomenal signing by Philly, Aso is a terrific shutdown corner, and the Eagles got a lot better over the last two days.

Second, I'm visiting Philadelphia this weekend, and every single time I ask someone where their Super Bowl trophy case is, I get told to 'F' off. Can someone help ? I want to make sure that I see all of the sights. (I didn't really ask anyone that)

P.S. Yes, I'm bitter after watching the pirates get hammered by the Phillies at the Phils stadium. In true Philly fan form, I had one guy push me in the chest and say something incoherent as he walked by. Another one throw his empty cup at me, after he walked past me, and the grand finale was a guy who tried to spit at me, after he walked past me, and hit my Mom on the shoulder, who I was pushing in a wheelchair. Yes, the Philadelphia fans being idiots is just completely made up by the media. :wacko: Seriously, the way 5-10% of the Philly fans act is a complete embarrassment. 90% are awesome and passionate, but, some are so proud of that reputation.

First off, absolutely phenomenal signing by Philly, Aso is a terrific shutdown corner, and the Eagles got a lot better over the last two days.

Second, I'm visiting Philadelphia this weekend, and every single time I ask someone where their Super Bowl trophy case is, I get told to 'F' off. Can someone help ? I want to make sure that I see all of the sights. (I didn't really ask anyone that)

P.S. Yes, I'm bitter after watching the pirates get hammered by the Phillies at the Phils stadium. In true Philly fan form, I had one guy push me in the chest and say something incoherent as he walked by. Another one throw his empty cup at me, after he walked past me, and the grand finale was a guy who tried to spit at me, after he walked past me, and hit my Mom on the shoulder, who I was pushing in a wheelchair. Yes, the Philadelphia fans being idiots is just completely made up by the media. :wacko: Seriously, the way 5-10% of the Philly fans act is a complete embarrassment. 90% are awesome and passionate, but, some are so proud of that reputation.

I think you got the percentages backwards. 90% are a complete waste, while only 5-10 % are passionate. Seriously who spits on someone. :tup:

I think you got the percentages backwards. 90% are a complete waste, while only 5-10 % are passionate. Seriously who spits on someone. :wacko:

Well, I did have the audacity to wear a Pirate's jersey and hat. Though I didn't say a word to anyone, I guess I was asking for it.

:wacko:

:tup::lol:

Dude, do I really have to bring up family to you ? He spit on my mom, who was in a wheelchair. If you are o.k. with that, then I really don't know you as well as I thought I did.

Dude, do I really have to bring up family to you ? He spit on my mom, who was in a wheelchair. If you are o.k. with that, then I really don't know you as well as I thought I did.

Just goofing around, relax. I was thinking this story was a bit embellished, because the guy I know would have beaten the dogsnot out of someone who pushed him intentionally. And, personally, I'm going to jail if someone spits on me, and especially my mom. Thought you might feel the same way is all.

Thats a bummer you had a family experience ruined by that 5-10% who embellish acting like idiots.

That being said, that small percentage exist at almost every sporting event in every city. Whether it is 1-2%, 5-10%, or 10-20%, they are there, looking to stir it up with the opposing crowd. I've had it happen to me to various degrees (though never spit on) in Washington, New York, Atlanta, LA and Chicago, to name a few.

Factor in the fact you purposely wore a Pittsburgh jersey (to make it easy for people to seek you out), it was a Friday night (so alcohol consumption was likely also a factor), the Phils had just blasted the Pirates (making it more euphoric for the home crowd)....while it should never happen, I'm sadly not shocked it did. Be thankful you didn't have a Sidney Crosby jersey on.

Thats a bummer you had a family experience ruined by that 5-10% who embellish acting like idiots.

That being said, that small percentage exist at almost every sporting event in every city. Whether it is 1-2%, 5-10%, or 10-20%, they are there, looking to stir it up with the opposing crowd. I've had it happen to me to various degrees (though never spit on) in Washington, New York, Atlanta, LA and Chicago, to name a few.

Factor in the fact you purposely wore a Pittsburgh jersey (to make it easy for people to seek you out), it was a Friday night (so alcohol consumption was likely also a factor), the Phils had just blasted the Pirates (making it more euphoric for the home crowd)....while it should never happen, I'm sadly not shocked it did. Be thankful you didn't have a Sidney Crosby jersey on.

not to mention if he followed them out of the stadium I'd be willing to bet they had a Jersey license plate on their car and this is no slight to anyone who lives in Jersey unless your name is Whomper......but a lot of the fans who have been arrested at local events are indeed from Jersey (not all....we have assclowns too)...

not to mention if he followed them out of the stadium I'd be willing to bet they had a Jersey license plate on their car and this is no slight to anyone who lives in Jersey unless your name is Whomper......but a lot of the fans who have been arrested at local events are indeed from Jersey (not all....we have assclowns too)...

Profiling? Never really differentiated between the Chia Pets. They are who they are, doesn't really matter where they're from. Like Kensington for example.

Just goofing around, relax. I was thinking this story was a bit embellished, because the guy I know would have beaten the dogsnot out of someone who pushed him intentionally. And, personally, I'm going to jail if someone spits on me, and especially my mom. Thought you might feel the same way is all.

Trust me, in a different situation, at a different time, I would have handled it differently. The push and incoherent statement was madeas the guy was walking past me in a crowded area in the concessions. Definitely not worth reacting to it. The dude who hit me with the cup waited until he was well past me, so, I wasn't going to react to that. The spit definitely had me fuming, but, I was in the midst of pushing my Mom in a wheelchair towards the elevators. She was my responsibility, and I wasn't going to leave her in a crowd to chase down some clown, and possibly getting in a fight / arrested and making my family's night and trip a miserable one.

Trust me, in a different situation, at a different time, I would have handled it differently. The push and incoherent statement was madeas the guy was walking past me in a crowded area in the concessions. Definitely not worth reacting to it. The dude who hit me with the cup waited until he was well past me, so, I wasn't going to react to that. The spit definitely had me fuming, but, I was in the midst of pushing my Mom in a wheelchair towards the elevators. She was my responsibility, and I wasn't going to leave her in a crowd to chase down some clown, and possibly getting in a fight / arrested and making my family's night and trip a miserable one.

It's a shame that that type of idiotic behavior even happens at games. It's disgraceful. Some mild verbal heckling is fine, and should be expected, but what happened to you is way out of line and embarrassing. If I was there I would've taken the collar for you.

It's a shame that that type of idiotic behavior even happens at games. It's disgraceful. Some mild verbal heckling is fine, and should be expected, but what happened to you is way out of line and embarrassing. If I was there I would've taken the collar for you.

What sucks is that I also had some great conversaton with Philly fans over the weekend. They have some of the most knowledgable and passionate fans in sports. I expect some heckling and find some of it funny. It is just that low percentage of complete idiots, who are oh so proud of their reputation that ruins it. They are always small and skinny with a group of friends around them, which is typical. Yes, every stadium has their share and I have been in many wearing opposing spamshirts. I know that Philly fans don't like to hear it, but, from my experience, it is DEFINITELY worse in Philadelphia than other cities.

You should have stopped and let your mom kick his ass.

It is going to be SO SWEET watching Iggle fans get their little hopes up and be primed for a championship season, only to get all those precious hopes derailed as the real champs go back-to-back this coming season.

I agree, well that Philly will bust. But GB aint wining it all either.

It is going to be SO SWEET watching Iggle fans get their little hopes up and be primed for a championship season, only to get all those precious hopes derailed as the real champs go back-to-back this coming season.

why so bitter? :wacko: