[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FIFA world cup draw is in

Dr. Sacrebleu

France is screwed:

GrpI:Spain,France,Belarus,Georgia,Finland

In the Europe zone only first team goes through, the best second teams go onto a barrage. No little teams there with which to pad goal averages for second place team.

I really like the idea of zone qualifiers, so that the whole world is represented, but the European zone is just brutal.

(CONCACAF on the other hand is the exact opposite: the 20th and 30th ranked teams in the world (mexico and us) have a walk in the park to get to the wc since CONCACAF gets three births. Basically 32 teams are vying for that last spot, none of which deserve to make it to the wc (St kitts, the Dutch Antilles, Trinidad etc)

Grrrrrr

Not sure who else the US will have to play, but the first in their group is Jamaica, so there's a nice tasty cupcake for us. LOVE the add of Klinsmann (my favorite player of all time) as the new head coach. We've been courting him for years now and finally he gives in. HUGE.

After tyeir playoffs, Two of the following powerhouse will be joining the us and Jamaica: Grenada, Guatemala, St Vincent, Belize, Haiti, Antigua, curacao, virgin isles.

Top two teams move on to a group of six.

By ranking, the final group of six should be:

Mexico (20), us (30), Jamaica (44), Honduras (51), costa rica (56), and panama (65).

Of which 3 qualify directly for wc, the 4th goes up against the best team in Oceania (almost inevitably new Zealand, ranked 94).

I do love multicultural pc stuff, but CONCACAF is definitely over represented in the wc.

To put it another way, if qualifiers go according to form, the wc that is supposed to be pitting the best 32 teams in the world,will be missing the 21, 22, 24, 27, 29, 30, 32 seeds, all coming from Europe.

After tyeir playoffs, Two of the following powerhouse will be joining the us and Jamaica: Grenada, Guatemala, St Vincent, Belize, Haiti, Antigua, curacao, virgin isles.

Top two teams move on to a group of six.

By ranking, the final group of six should be:

Mexico (20), us (30), Jamaica (44), Honduras (51), costa rica (56), and panama (65).

Of which 3 qualify directly for wc, the 4th goes up against the best team in Oceania (almost inevitably new Zealand, ranked 94).

I do love multicultural pc stuff, but CONCACAF is definitely over represented in the wc.

To put it another way, if qualifiers go according to form, the wc that is supposed to be pitting the best 32 teams in the world,will be missing the 21, 22, 24, 27, 29, 30, 32 seeds, all coming from Europe.

CONCACAF is there so FIFA makes money off American networks. If it was a real competition, it would be combined with South America

Not sure who else the US will have to play, but the first in their group is Jamaica, so there's a nice tasty cupcake for us. LOVE the add of Klinsmann (my favorite player of all time) as the new head coach. We've been courting him for years now and finally he gives in. HUGE.

He wanted total control of US soccer. If he coaches the best of the best, he should have say in how that happens. I mean, seriously...what has this country ever accomplished in soccer? Nothing. Listen to someone who has been there, done that, and comes from a nation where players are developed for the purpose of playing on the national team.

:wacko:

I think Justin nailed it.

Well I know my huddle well enough to know that making a stance for france is pretty much a losing stance here (insert surrender joke here) and even as a fervent french supporter, I will have to admit that france's behavior during the wc was despicable (it is hard to express my anger and dissapointment with them, and save for a couple of players on the team I really look forward to the day those players are no longer on the team to be able to fully support them)

Though I started the post w a French slant, my point really was about the euro zone.

Another good example would be mrs weigies beloved Switzerland: a team ranked 32nd in the world ( they should be in the wc if one went by seeding)has to come ahead of the 12th and 20th teams in the world for an automatic berth, should they come in second, they then need to beat a team ranked between 17 and 29 in the world to qualify!). That's a tough row to hoe when you compare it to the us route to the wc ( needs to come ahead of 56 and 65...

Lastly, not to defend france's dubious win over Ireland to qualify for the 2010 wc, but a majority of people are now under the impression that save for that handball goal, Ireland was in. At that point in the game both teams were even. Ireland was not a virtual qualifier. Does not make it any better, just want the record straight.

You know, I hear similar things all the time.... Butler, Gonzaga, Marquette, Villanova, Souther Illinois, etc... Don't need to be in the NCAA tourney, they didn't play anyone...