[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft day bloopers

NOSaint237

We use a draft board and had a rule that once a sticker was in place, that was the pick... until some guy announces Latry Johnson and pulls Leon Johnsons sticker instead. He noticed his mistake JUST as he was putting it on the board and pulled it back.

There then began a 10 minute screaming debate that included "there is sticker residue on the board!!!" In the end the "Leon Johnson Rule" - which stands to this day- which now states stickers are in fact merely a courtesy and once you announce a name while on the clock that is your pick.

We use a draft board and had a rule that once a sticker was in place, that was the pick... until some guy announces Latry Johnson and pulls Leon Johnsons sticker instead. He noticed his mistake JUST as he was putting it on the board and pulled it back.

There then began a 10 minute screaming debate that included "there is sticker residue on the board!!!" In the end the "Leon Johnson Rule" - which stands to this day- which now states stickers are in fact merely a courtesy and once you announce a name while on the clock that is your pick.

So you made him take Latry Johnson? :wacko:

In 1995 I drew the 3rd overall draft pick.

First guy drafted Steve Young

Second guy drafted Dan Marino ????? :confused:

I drafted Emmitt Smith

After that it was a perfect storm for me. Somewhere in the middle rounds somebody drafted Terry Allen ... everybody crossed him off their lists ... then the owner said wait, I want to change my mind and then drafted somebody else. I snagged Terry in the 11th round to for a solid one two punch. I landed Jeff Blake coming off a half year and his top WR I'M A TOOL Pickens. I nailed the top kicker and defense that year as well.