[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Brother at it again...

tazinib1

That is laughable. They make it seem as though internet pedophiles are rampant on the internet. What a fracking joke.

Reminds me of this skit by the great Doug Stanhope (NSFW):

Doug Stanhope is awesome. Some of his comments and views bug me a bit when it comes to religion, but all in all, he'd flippin' brilliant.

This is EXACTLY the same tack they used with drunk driving to create their nazi revenue traffic stops and drug dealers to create asset forfieture.

I don't see the problem with drunk driving traffic stops. :wacko:

It sounds like a good and safe idea (with all the horror that can result in drunk driving) and I am good with people chosing to do it - being fined to hell.

Same thing with drug dealers (or anybody for that matter who has what they have as a result of an illigal enterprise) - now, I might argue that the drug laws on the book are ass backards, but I've no problem with drug dealers losing their stuff (so long as it isn't a buddy going in on a QP of herb or something to hook up some friends).

People who want to avoid their movements being detected on the Internet can use proxy servers and a whole range of spoofing and obfuscation tools that are widely available. This bill does nothing but spy on everyone.

People who want to avoid their movements being detected on the Internet can use proxy servers and a whole range of spoofing and obfuscation tools that are widely available. This bill does nothing but spy on everyone.

Zactly. This bill is an invasion of privacy and is a great overreach of power by the government. But most individuals will cheerfully sign on to it in the name of "safety".

I don't see the problem with drunk driving traffic stops. :wacko:

It sounds like a good and safe idea (with all the horror that can result in drunk driving) and I am good with people chosing to do it - being fined to hell.

Same thing with drug dealers (or anybody for that matter who has what they have as a result of an illigal enterprise) - now, I might argue that the drug laws on the book are ass backards, but I've no problem with drug dealers losing their stuff (so long as it isn't a buddy going in on a QP of herb or something to hook up some friends).

You're just not thinking of this to its logical conclusion. The DUI stops are EXACTLY the same "Your papers, please!" crap that used to go on behind the iron curtain. Nevermind that before this siht started in the 80's, DD had been on the decline for some 20+ years. Those stops are revenue makers for police/sheriff depts. For every drunk driver they pull off the road they issue probably 25 tickets for ridiculousness like seatbelts and lack of proof of insurance, expired tags, whatever. From a motorist blog

And asset seizure is a racket, period. We're not supposed to be deprived of life, liberty or property w/o due process. Now, read this from the aclu.

It's a racket for more intrusive gov't. Some nanny-statist uses some problem to inflame people, then a crisis happens, and those same politicians use the issue to increase their power.

ETA - Of course I'm NOT saying that people should drive drunk with impunity or that people should be able to keep ill-gotten gains (but drug laws are a racket, period). I'm saying that this law will be expanded and continue to destroy liberties in this country. Like many other things, in theory, it's fine. But in practice, I subscribe to the ideal that 100 guilty should go free rather than one innocent be deprived of liberty.

Edited by westvirginia