[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster

junta

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so ... Kubiak has admitted that Foster is their best RB and that Kubiak will always play the better RB. NOW, I do see Tate being the number 2 and is now trusted more, however, Foster is so dynamic and a threat to take any play all the way.

Foster has had the better results, but is he really the best back? If Tate isn't injured before the season last year, maybe everyone is drafting Tate in the first round this year? :wacko:

Foster has had the better results, but is he really the best back? If Tate isn't injured before the season last year, maybe everyone is drafting Tate in the first round this year? :wacko:

this is my thought, Tate was the RB2 and Foster was the RB3 last year. Foster only got an opportunity cause Slaton and Tate got hurt. It seems to me that Texans think Tate is the more talented back and are going to give him an opportunity to win the job from Foster. JMHO of course.

ESPN reporting Kubiak says Foster is ready for Sunday.

HOUSTON -- Houston coach Gary Kubiak expects running back Arian Foster to play on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.

Foster returned to practice this week after missing the season opener because of a left hamstring injury. Kubiak says Foster "looks ready to play."

Foster, who ran for 1,616 yards last season to lead the league, has been bothered with the injury for a month.

While Foster should return Sunday, the Texans will be without running back Derrick Ward, who is out with a sprained right ankle. Receiver Kevin Walter remained out of practice Friday with an injured left shoulder and Kubiak says he will be a game-time decision.

You don't lead the entire league in rushing, tds and catches then suddenly lose your job for missing one game. I mean, it is called fantasy football but thinking Tate is the new starter is laughable. Really.. :wacko:

Edited by efi4eye

Seems barting a setback Foster will start and get the majority of the carries. Supposedly he was ready to play week 1 and they just held him out as a precaution. 10 carries (estimate) for Tate is what the usual backup would get. I probably would be weary of starting either but I absolutely would not start Tate.

Arian Foster - RB - Texans

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans are targeting 20 Week 2 touches for Arian Foster (questionable, hamstring), and 10 for Ben Tate off the bench.

McClain also believes Foster is a shoo-in to start against the Dolphins. "Gary Kubiak likes Foster to get at least 25 touches," McClain notes. "Cause he's been out, I bet it'll be somewhere around 20, depending on how game goes." According to McClain, Foster "could have started" in Week 1 against the Colts had it been a playoff game. Foster needs to be penciled into fantasy lineups for now, and monitored into Sunday morning.

Sep. 16 - 4:31 p.m. E

Edited by damageinc

Well, guess I'll have to drop Tate.....again, lol.

Now, why would you do that? You were singing Tate's praises the other day and he did have a nice game against the Colts. Certainly you realize the hammy could be a recurring problem for Foster, right (especially if he is coming back too soon because he's feeling the heat to get back out there and hold on to his job)?

Now, why would you do that? You were singing Tate's praises the other day and he did have a nice game against the Colts. Certainly you realize the hammy could will be a recurring problem for Foster, right (especially if he is coming back too soon because he's feeling the heat to get back out there and hold on to his job)?

My crystal ball could be a bit on the fritz, however I just think this is going to affect AF all season. IMHO, I think your last observation is spot on about possibly/probably him being concerned about Tate taking his starting spot (obviously any player would be).

Adam Schefter just on ESPN as I'm typing this saying "Foster getting about 20 carries, with Tate getting a few less carries". 50/50 split?

I think it seems the game plan is to get Foster 20ish and tate 10ish. Might be iffy to start either but hey if you drafted Foster as your #1 you might have nothing better to start,.

It is so crazy to me that they would even allow Foster back until he is completely and fully healed. Partial practice does not equal fully healed. They have a long, promising season and to squander it because you want to get Foster on the field even though Tate can obviously do the same thing is madness. Why not let Tate roll until Foster can practice in full? Or at least not be on the injury report?

If Foster touches it 20 times, I will officially know that Kubiak has lost his mind.

I hope Foster stays healthy. I have both him and Tate in a couple of leagues. But more importantly,he needs to stay healthy for the success of the franchise, not our fantasy teams.

Ofcourse we have no clue to what is really going on but they did say this was the reason he was held out of week 1 but could have played. Its been since preseason week 3 since Foster played . over a month. He could be absolutely fine for all we know.

Limited in practice on Friday and listed as questionable on injury report does not equal absolutely fine.

If I am Kubiak he gets limited work at best.

If he is my RB and my backup is a dud, he might get more work to win game.

If he is 100% he plays full load. But he is not.

when they say limited they mean his workload was limited which is what they give to a guy coming back from injury, does not mean he was limited physically. . Kubiak and FOster both said he was able to do everything with no issues. Again he might be 100% fine and theres no reason to sit a guy qho has no issues. . If you have watched football all these years you always see guys who they say were limited in practice go out with no issues. Foster might get 20 carries and he might get 35 carries. ya never know.

Edited by damageinc

when they say limited they mean his workload was limited which is what they give to a guy coming back from injury, does not mean he was limited physically. . Kubiak and FOster both said he was able to do everything with no issues. Again he might be 100% fine and theres no reason to sit a guy qho has no issues. . If you have watched football all these years you always see guys who they say were limited in practice go out with no issues. Foster might get 20 carries and he might get 35 carries. ya never know.

When he pulled the hammy at the start of camp, he rested for ~16 days before playing again. Foster said he was 100%, had never felt better etc. The coaches and medical staff let him run. John McClain let us all know that we should not worry about Arian Foster.

He then played, re-aggravating the pull on Aug 27. I remember it clearly because we had just finished our draft when it happened. Last time I checked that was not over a month of rest, but 21days ago.

I am happy that Foster might be feeling good. But based on the length of time he rested it the last time and then re-injured it, I would have him sit out for at least another week to err on the side of caution. I could understand if this was a playoff game or if Tate was horrible, but with Manning out and Texans in the driver seat in that division, there is no reason to rush the return. 5 extra days of rest more than he had last time might very well be enough. But if I am going to praise Foster as being an integral part to this teams future, no way I risk that future for nothing.

I guess, though, when you pay a guy only $500K you can let him play since you are not risking much of an investment. And afterall, you have Tate and Ward to carry the rock if he goes down. Maybe that is the thinking.